I am newer to the club...
Fairly irrelevant. You just have experience with bigger scales and certainly bring a truckload of enthusiasm to the smaller ones.
...I do know any type of racing it is very hard to fix classing by excluding certain models if they truly fit the intent, since eventually the next fastest car will just be what everyone has....
This is precisely my concern as well. Right now it's the Ford GT in the crosshairs. It's no secret I'm somewhat of a fan. I want to be able to race them. If we exclude them, shall we also exclude Camaros from Trans Am? McLarens (or whatever the "hot" car in GT3 really is) from GT3? Slot.It McLarens from Can-Am?
What I like about our club specifically is we share with each other. Got a car you can't figure out? Someone will help. Got a set up that works? It gets shared. Any class could become a single marque/model category if really pushed. At one point, Classics I was the Ninco Corvette class. Remember? If a current top runner is cut from a class, there will be a new top runner. To quote someone (I think), "the king/queen is dead, long live the king/queen!"
Can am, I feel will be much like classic 2 going forward. Since I have developed the Slot.it cars to be at Thunderslot pace, and those cars are specifically excluded.
Agreed, and it would be a shame to have this happen. Don't pull the rug out from under someone just because they were able to tune a car.
I do agree with Stan and think there is something to be said about the minimal modification classes. Keep things as close to box stock (like GT3's and BRM's) and things tend to run well. I think the mods in Le Mans are justified because the Flys start out as such turds anyway. I wouldn't mind adding some stock classes but also really enjoy the classes we already have.
Chris





