1,251

(19 replies, posted in Track)

I added the Wynn's sticker, so there

Rico

1,252

(9 replies, posted in Modifications)

George- I agree that the Scaley guide flag set up is not the best, but I have several older Scaley cars that use it and have had no problems.  There are several posts on SCI that deal with the issues you mention.  Scalextric is aware that the Chinese manufacturer is possibly using a more brittle plastic than what is spec'd and are looking into the matter.  Several people have contacted Scalextric USA and have recieved replacement chassis, however you must be persistant.  This is one of the reasons we are going to run the SCX Nascar instead of the Scalextric ones.  Several chassis broke during testing on simple spin outs, and proved not durable enough for Randy's liking. 

Rico

1,253

(5 replies, posted in NASTE)

I would like to throw out a BIG THANK YOU to Bill and Monte for planning and officiating another season.  This would also go out to all the track owners who let us use and abuse their tracks.  I still think my favorite race was the Blizzard Bash at Jeff's.  Here's to next year!

Rico

1,254

(5 replies, posted in NASTE)

What he said

Rico

1,255

(2 replies, posted in Cars)

While preparing my SCX Nascar for the BSCC summer season I had a slight thermal incident with a soldering iron and melted part of the chassis.  A quick internet search revealed that no one seemed to be selling a bare chassis.  I sent an e-mail to the technical department at SCX.  In about an hour I had a reponse asking for more information.  I replied and the next morning I had a follow up e-mail asking for my address and a confirmation of the problem.  Yesterday after a long day at work I arrived home to find a package from SCX.  They had sent a replacement for free even though I only enquired about being able to purchase a chassis.  What EXCELLENT customer service.  SCX rocks!!!

Rico

1,256

(51 replies, posted in NASTE)

Does it have to be a race series?  Let's say Monte and Victoria have a digital event Jeff has a 1/24 event and Bryan T has a HO event, would these count?  Would the PSSRA enduro's count?  There is just no way I can see being able to devote myself to 5 separate series.  Let's face it- you are not going to go to a new series with new/loaner/rental car and dominate the series, so your Naste Champ points are going to be from dissapointing finishes for the most part. Do the final 3 races count towards the total number of races?

Rico

1,257

(51 replies, posted in NASTE)

I like it- mostly.  I have many 1/32 cars so it will be easy for me to do those races, but I have no competitive HO, 1/43 or 1/24 cars. Unless some of the other race series have loaner cars, I will have to bear the expense of fielding cars for a handful of races.  I just don't have enough time to devote to 5 different series.  I have a feeling this may prove difficult for many of us.  I also think it might be a rough go placing well in series you are not familiar with, especially if you are only able to run a few times.  I know there are some excellent competitors in some of the local series and some abroad for that matter.

Just some initial thoughts

Rico

1,258

(20 replies, posted in Events)

I'm pretty sure it's standard Slot.it fare.  I found this pic on SCI
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/reek455/PICT18251.jpg

Rico

1,259

(25 replies, posted in BSCC)

In case it matters to anyone-

This:
63350    NASCAR    Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Kevin Harvick - #21 Coast Guard      AJ

Should be:
63350    NASCAR    Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Dale Earnhardt- #3 Goodwrench/Wrangler     AJ

Rico

1,260

(5 replies, posted in NASTE)

The most I personally spent purchasing a slot car is $60.00 and it was pre-owned.  On the other hand, it would have cost way more if it was new.  I have spent way more than I care to admit updating some cars for a certain race series and like Monte am glad to have costs curtailed for the current season.  I think some of this boils down to the "got to have it" factor and a persons perceived value.  I have one car kit that I received as a gift that cost close to $100.00 and I have spent additional $$$ finishing it.  On average, I think the $50.00 dollar range is the going rate for a new 1/32 car.  What I can't believe is that so many or the same person keeps voting for $10.00 is too much.  What scale are you buying?  New or used?  Enquiring minds want to know.  I think the poll should have stated the scale or broken it down into the various scales and the results would be more accurate.

Rico

1,261

(25 replies, posted in BSCC)

ATTENTION EVERYONE- Indy Grips 4003 DO NOT FIT this generation of SCX Nascar.  Do not waste your time and money ordering them.  Unless of course you have a car they will fit.

Rico

1,262

(2 replies, posted in Cars)

SCX is on the rise.  They have stepped up the quality of their products and their customer service is among the best.  When was the last time a manufacturer gave you the chance to give input on what product they produce? SCX cars have always been on the slow side and management in Spain wanted to continue with the slower motor even though a faster one was available.  It was brought to their attention that many slotters wanted the faster motor so a vote was established.  They buying public voted for the faster motor and now that is what will come in new products.  I am impressed as well.

Rico

1,263

(62 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)

Sounds like some looong days for you Howie.

Rico

1,264

(25 replies, posted in BSCC)

Many Thanks to the Stummans for the passing Winter Season.  Now on to the next.....

Rico

1,265

(25 replies, posted in BSCC)

kidvolt wrote:

Oh you guyzzz...

thstop it fella.....

1,266

(25 replies, posted in BSCC)

Fair enough.  I have seen a few posts where the little adapter ring or some such thing has broken.  The part is not available for purchase, but Brian Young at SCX will send it to you if you contact him.  Monte, maybe we could get some of these in advance????  They break during some/hard crashes that causes the guide to pop out and if you are not careful reinstalling the guide you can break the ring.  This is why I considered changing to the other guide, but it is what it is................

1,267

(25 replies, posted in BSCC)

It is much like the Slot.it universal blade, it is held in with a screw. Depending on the size of the hole in the chassis a spacer may be involved.  I won't know until I receive my car.

Rico

1,268

(25 replies, posted in BSCC)

Can I adapt an SCX Pro guide?  It sounds like it would be legal to my way of reading.  A clarification please...

Rico

Worth a watch!!

Rico

1,270

(20 replies, posted in Events)

Monte- go to routed track section of SCI for pics.  It looks to be great racing with some elevation changes

Rico

1,271

(2 replies, posted in NASTE)

Those tracks look beautiful and challenging.  I certainly hope I can make the trip.

Rico

1,272

(41 replies, posted in NASTE)

Not mine either

1,273

(6 replies, posted in Cars)

I bought it at Rite-Aid for $2.49.  I just saw it at WalMart for $1.79.  You just have to look for the 91% on the label instead of 70%.  It took a while but it worked.  After the paint got soft I used some 0000 steel wool to facilitate removal.

Rico

1,274

(6 replies, posted in Cars)

In your case-probably coffee.   91% instead of the normal 70% at most stores.

1,275

(6 replies, posted in Cars)

FYI- I used 91% Rubbing alcohol and it worked very well.