wb0s wrote:

Maybe you could bring one of those three cars you already have set up with the ProSpeed motor and we could see how they compare to the other Trans Am cars as far as speed?

I just bought a used chassis on EBay that has a ProSpeed in it so I can put it in my 'Cuda so we can compare with a 42B car.

Goose,

I have the wing, what I'm missing is the grill and the headlight lenses.

wb0s wrote:

Very good points gentlemen.

Rico, do you have any of the ProSpeed motors we can use in an SCX Cuda for testing purposes?

Goose, with the modifications you have in mind, do you think we should keep the two divisions for Trans Am, Stock & Modified Production?

=============Bill
================Bill

I have three ProSpeed motors but unfortunately they are all glued into cars and I'd rather not remove them for fear of damaging the chassis. I have been searching to buy one but due to the situation at SCX they are rather scarce.

The SCX motors may be rated the same RPM wise but there a couple of things to consider. One, they are heavier by quite a bit and two, they are relatively slower revving.  So, even though they are rated the same RPM wise they tend to be a little slower. On tracks with long straights this would be reduced but there are no real long straights at TooBad where the racing is being held.

Rico

I'll have to give it some thought.

I see it's ok to use aftermarket parts for gears, axles and bushings but what about gear ratios?  Open or stock ratio with upgraded parts?

832

(2 replies, posted in Cars)

Nice work Bill!

833

(25 replies, posted in Events)

Me?

I'm shopping for a Cartrix and Luf tires.

Thanks Bill, I had fun as per usual but my math says I won by a whopping 6/10 in GT.

He gets to the the races all the time by boat with the land yacht: SS Super Duty.  Thanks for hosting another exciting night of racing.  I didn't realize it last night but I managed another trifecta!

836

(6 replies, posted in NASTE)

Thank you Dorothy, it was our pleasure to host and I'm glad you had fun racing.  Congrats to Terry on his Championship, well earned and long overdue.  I would be remiss if I didn't  congratulate you on being the Amateur Champion as well.
I do have one question though. What's with the hairy butt picture on page 3?

Rico

Thanks again Bill it was an action packed evening for sure.  I'm very pleased with my result trifecta, especially after the last few disasters.

Rico

Thanks Bill for another fun filled Thursday evening.  I loved those ribs John brought and too many donuts too!

Rico

839

(9 replies, posted in Modifications)

Nice work Bill.  How's it run or do we have to wait and see?

840

(21 replies, posted in NASTE)

I'm also going to miss out running my BRM for the first time. Oh well, there's always next time.  If the girls do poorly at the tournament it could be a shorter day and may be able to make it to Salem.

841

(21 replies, posted in NASTE)

I get to miss Thursday night too. Her normal ride to practice is not available so I'm doing that or Gabby's last softball game of the year, not sure which yet.

842

(21 replies, posted in NASTE)

I will not be bringing anything and that includes me.  Cece has an all day volleyball tournament on Saturday.

Well said Mr. Bill.

844

(10 replies, posted in NASTE)

I'll probably stop at Winco and pick up their chicken dinner as per usual.

845

(3 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

Has he joined the forum yet? Any idea what part of Milwaukie he is in? Enquiring minds want to know.

Thanks again Bill for a pleasant evening.

847

(25 replies, posted in Events)

So, stock wheels only?

848

(17 replies, posted in NASTE)

wb0s wrote:

Congrats Rico. Looked like you were the major screw collector Saturday!!!!!

I know, I know: Too bad. Right?  I still had fun and that's all that matters.

849

(17 replies, posted in NASTE)

Thanks Terry and Dorothy, I had an enjoyable evening.

Rico

Thanks Bill for the racing last night, it is certainly getting fast and furious.  It was really cool setting the outright track record even if I held it for only a brief time, damn you Kouba ;-).

Rico