Topic: NASTE Race No.7 in The Gorge

Thanks to Bob Nakamura for an excellent day of racing at The Gorge Raceway!

Thank you to everyone that brought out food and snacks!

Re: NASTE Race No.7 in The Gorge

Yes Bob, thanks, Chris and I had a great time.

Thanks Bob, the track is great and Dominic and I had a great time.

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Thank you Bob for another great night of racing! I like driving on your track. Good food and it was wonderful to actually be out and about visiting with people! I didn't get too many photos, but here are the ones I did get. Thanks again!

http://s737.photobucket.com/user/SlotCa … 019%202016

little of topic but do most of the tracks run the three port set up and what controler should i get. been looking at either the DS 0128 Electronic Adjustable Controller or PMTR2110 Scale Racer PRO Controller. both good down to 10 volts and run the around the same price.

The secondnidator

6 (edited by Mitch58 March 21, 2016 9:14 pm)

I have both, the professor motor seems to be tougher regarding getting hooked up wrong, the DS on the other hand is much smoother as far as driving the cars and is a much better feeling controller. That being said several of us have had to send them back to get brake pods replaced, mostly due to hooking them up wrong even for just a moment. Goose seems to have fried one running the older cars with the heavy voltage draw. DiFalco makes one now for about the same price. I've never had one but have never seen any bad press about the product. Rico has one of the older higher end Difalcos that he likes quite a bit.

I have one of the new Difalco Neo controllers. I like it a lot. It seems a little smoother and more comfortable than my Professor Motor. The Difalco has built in circuit protection to guard against incorrect wire hook ups or reverse polarity. The polarity on the controller can be easily changed to suit reverse polarity tracks. Difalco has been around for many years building controllers, including controllers for the 1/24 pro racers. Difalco's service and support are excellent! If you have questions or problems you can email them or call them on the phone and they will respond. Upgrades and repairs can be easily made by the owner without a need to send the controller back to the shop. I also have a Difalco for 1/24 racing that they built for me with options I requested. Yes, they will custom build a controller to suit your needs.

I also have three Professor Motor controllers. Two older original versions and one of the dual potentiometer styles. All have been used extensively over the years. One of the older ones served as my 1/24 race controller for many years, and I now use it for my Over 55 Class 1/24 controller as well as for 1/32. The Professor Motor controllers are very dependable! Professor Motor also has excellent service and support, and parts are readily available for their controllers.

DS controllers are relatively new on the market. I have used other racer's DS controllers from time to time and they are also very nice. They are very smooth and control is very linear. However I question their durability as mentioned by Mitch above. In addition their service and support is not good, and I know of no available repair or replacement parts.

When it comes right down to it they all work very well. From my experience I would rate the Difalco's the highest mostly because of the level of the service provided by the company, and the ability to make repairs or upgrades myself.  Second on my list is the Professor Motor, for many of the same reasons I like Difalcos, plus they are dependable and tough! Bringing up the rear for me is the DS. They feel good in my hand and they are very smooth, but as of right now they just don't seem reliable and the service and support from the factory is not there. Maybe I'll change my mind some day.........

The service from the DS factory is Alan at 132slotcar.us.  He has parts.  They are after all a European mfg while the rest are US companies.  I've had mine quite a while and the only issue I have seen is once when the trigger got sticky and wouldn't return all the way.  Thought at the moment I had lost the brake circuit but no.  So I haven't lost a brake circuit yet but neither do I use mine much with vintage 1:24 cars with old-style motors.

However I have run Enduro's of 50 minute heats using Scale Auto and BRM 1:24's with no issue at all.

They are also the only controller I know of with adjustable trigger tension.

It's quite possible they are not really rated for those motors hence the problem with the brake circuits

I find them an excellent controller for 1:32.

And I will say this, it's the fastest off the line controller I have ever had and I usually take off first in just about every heat.  Always nice to be in the lead for at least a few feet.  smile

"Big Smooth"

Hey Monte, I have a Parma 1ohm controller that will get you off the line in a hurry, and take you all the way to the first corner. After that it's, well, spectacular.

I've had that experience.  Trippy, dude!  All the way to the floor.

"Big Smooth"