Topic: NASTE Race No.12 at TooBad Motorplex

Thanks to everyone that made it out to race today!

I apologize to anyone that didn't get pizza or didn't get enough. I had not anticipated such a great turn out!!!!

And to those that were wondering but did not comment; no, I obviously don't know how to spell chisel. However I have decided I like chizzle better!!!...........

From the Urban Dictionary:

TOP DEFINITION   
Chizzle
Slang for a hair from your private area. Used by people from Kentucky.
My sandwich has a chizzle on it!
by Larry Mitchell January 26, 2009

Re: NASTE Race No.12 at TooBad Motorplex

Hahahaha, thanks for a great day, we had a wonderful time.

"Big Smooth"

Thomas might want to reconsider what nickname he decides to use!

I was really pleased with how well the Womps held up and performed. They survived two full rounds of racing with 27 racers, which works out to over 3 hours of continuous running, including the pre-race practice session. At times they were submitted to EXTREME use! But we had no breakage other than the one pickup braid issue in practice. I didn't notice any drop off in performance of any of the cars. If anything I think one of them improved some!

In regards to the practice session, I thought the timed practice session worked well. Any comments?

Also, the turn out for the Sunday race was excellent! Anyone feel like maybe we should switch to Sunday races instead of Saturdays?

wb0s wrote:

Chizzle
Slang for a hair from your private area. Used by people from Kentucky.
My sandwich has a chizzle on it!
by Larry Mitchell January 26, 2009

Eeewwwww! 

Dom and I had fun yesterday although he was a little disappointed at finishing last but he really liked the track.  I will relish my third place in what was an extremely close race. 

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

What a great day of racing Bill. Thank you so much! Those cars were fun to race and Dave explained a great deal about them to me over the course of the afternoon. Thanks Dave and was great to see you again! Nice job on building them Bill!!

It was good to see so many people there and some we hadn't seen in quite a while. It does seem like a Sunday race was good for so many people. Know Tim told me he's usually working the latter part of the week, but was able to make it to your race. Know Sundays the mail never gets delivered, so unless there is a family engagement, we're usually free then. Saturdays are fine too though as long as it's a later start during the Christmas season. tongue

Sorry to Dom about his last place finish. Believe me I know exactly how he feels! big_smile

Here are the pictures from the race. I had to delete a few more photos off my PB site to make room for these. Will have to keep deleting older albums to make room for the newer ones, but fortunately, most of the older photos are on DVD's that Bill has now. smile Video will be later.

http://s737.photobucket.com/user/SlotCa … 012%202015

wb0s wrote:

In regards to the practice session, I thought the timed practice session worked well. Any comments?

Also, the turn out for the Sunday race was excellent! Anyone feel like maybe we should switch to Sunday races instead of Saturdays?

We used to run timed practices at BSCC and they worked well and we just formed a line while waiting for a turn.

Sundays would be a mixed bag for me, much like Saturday events.

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx14/SlotCarRacing/Bill%20NASTE%20April%2012%202015/DSC00196_zpsrhbqfzzk.jpg

Nice photo bomb Goose

wb0s wrote:

Bill: I prefer Saturday's just because i like to watch the Sunday races on tv.

Dorothy: Great batch of pictures you took! Also great batch of candy as usual.

Rico: I thought i had stopped before she took the picture, i am surprised she didn't delete it.

10 (edited by Mitch58 April 13, 2015 5:42 pm)

I enjoyed these cars so much I had to go home and start another.

Post's attachments

10394600_10205694540377359_2740966822409231222_n.jpg 63.37 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Nice work Mitch. Where'd you score the rims?

Those are some of the CB Design classics I had laying around ( left over from ill conceived ideas ) I also had some 3/32x 1/4 bushings so I used the 3/32 axles. I sleeved the front axle holes with aluminum tubing.

I had a great time and it was nice seeing some of the racers who haven't been around lately. Any time I can sneak into the top three, I feel lucky, especially with the group of racers we had on hand. I liked the timed practice, too. Maybe make it one minute heats to let more people cycle through and limit the number of times through for the "experts" as they really don't need the practice. I think the large turnout had as much to do with it being at Bill's as it did with being a Sunday race. Seems a lot of people really like the track, myself included.

Congrats to the Goose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice photo bomb Goose and really good to know people are looking at the pictures! I thought I saw you in the background just after I took that shot! tongue You're going to be as bad as Bryan eventually! big_smile Glad you enjoyed the candy. I need to come up with some new stuff for you all to sample. It's nice having you racers to be my guinea pigs with experiments! smile

Your car body is naked Mitch!!! yikes lol

It's fully clothed now. My granddaughter thought it was invisible.

Post's attachments

11140259_10205719280635850_5188496744986960261_n.jpg 67.95 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-04-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.