Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread

I'd be interested but I'll have to find one first.

Another car, oh good.  Another car!

"Big Smooth"

I wouldn't worry about locating a car just yet.............I may know of a source..............

To which are you referring Big Data?

I have a Carrera or three already...

Who are you referring too???

MY comment was in referrence to Monte finding a Womp car.

I personally KNOW he already has 1/24 Carrera cars - multiple examples of such!!!

"Big Data" was my mash-up of Monte's Big Smooth and a play on the data-rich thread developing elsewhere.  I didn't expect it to stick as a new nickname but thought it was appropriate.  It was my oh-so-subtle attempt at humor which clearly missed the mark.

I didn't know he has a spectral assortment of 1/24th Carrera's already.

I know I wrote 1960-1971 but would certainly not rule out earlier.  Just want to keep it in the vintage era with car which are contemporaries running against each other.

Would it be "Big Smooth Data" or "Big Data Smooth" ????

Oh you guys...

"Big Smooth"

OR..."BIG" "Smooth Data".......................sounds kind of nasty.........er...NASTE

March 5th Odd Thursday - We did some thrashing tonight! We got a lot of racing in with 15 participants tonight. The night started with the Classic Sports Cars. Although Bryan Trachsel's scratchbuilt Aston Martin was fast, Greg Petrolati's scratchbuilt Scarab proved to be just a little faster. Greg beat Bryan by just 2/10ths of a lap. Rico Locati finished just one lap back in third. Monte Saager placed fifth with a Ninco AC Cobra, half a lap behind Rico, incredible!

The Vintage F1 Class was about as exciting as it could possible have been! Open wheel carnage at its best! Goose took the win setting a new track record. Bryan Trachsel was second, also besting the previous track record. Jeff Fields drove a fantastic race finishing third.

The Over 50 Class was also action packed! Glenn Heath raced his Parma Womp car as a test session. Glenn dominated the race with that little Womp, and to everyone's amazement actually executed a couple really good nerfs! Alas the brave little Womp was rewarded with a DQ, leaving the official win to Goose. Goose won with his Strombecker Ford J completing almost 51 laps. Rico was second with his Gar Vic Grand Sport Corvette, and Greg Petrolati Finished third with a Classic Lola T70.

Evening highlights included; Greg Petrolati's beautiful newly finished scratchbuilt Auto Union Hillclimb car. Bryan Trachsel's very cool scratchbuilt Datsun 2000 roadster. Bryan Dickerson brought out his newly built Monogram Greenwood Corvette/Avant chassisied screamer - watch out for this one in the next GT Class race! Al Christensen was back with his KTM powered Cheetah in the Over 50 Class. And maybe best of all, Al brought us some delicious smoked beef!!!

The results:

Classic Sports Car:
1st Greg Petrolati 51.7 laps
2nd Bryan Trachsel 51.5 - 9.910 Fastest Lap of the Race
3rd Rico Locati 50.1
4th Gary Goose Gossett 49.8
5th Monte Saager 49.6                                                                     
6th John Fisher 49.2
7th Mitch Brooks 47.9 
8th Bryan Dickerson 47.5
9th Glenn Heath 46.9
10th tie Jeff Fields 45.7
10th tie Al Christensen 45.7
12th John Morse 45.3
13th Dana Denton 41.8

Vintage F1:
1st Gary Goose Gossett 54.0 laps
2nd Bryan Trachsel 53.6 - 9.443 Fastest Lap of the Race
3rd Jeff Fields 51.4
4th Bryan Dickerson 48.8
5th Rico Locati 48.4
6th Greg Petrolati 48.3
7th Monte Saager 47.6
8th John Morse 47.0
9th John Fisher 45.9
10th Bill Bostic 45.1
11th tie Mitch Brooks 43.3
11th tie Amy Fields 43.3
13th Glenn Heath 41.6
14th Dana denton 38.9
15th Al Christensen 31.1

Over 50 Class:
1st Gary Goose Gossett 50.7 laps - 9.629 Fastest Lap of the Race
2nd Rico Locati 49.5
3rd Greg Petrolati 49.0
4th Bill Bostic 45.2
5th Mitch Brooks 44.8
6th Bryan Dickerson 44.4
7th Al Christensen 43.2
8th John Fisher 42.5
9th John Morse 40.5
DQ Glenn Heath 51.1 - illegal car/Parma Womp

March 5th Odd Thursday. John Morse's Over 50 Class stable...impressive!

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_9285.jpg

Flyin' Bryan Trachsel's Datsun 2000 Roadster.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_9287.jpg

The underside of Bryan's Datsun 2000

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_9288.jpg

GREENMAN - superior craftsmanship and beautiful cars!

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_9291.jpg

Greg's newly completed scratchbuilt Auto Union Hillclimb car.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_9294.jpg

Race worn but still gorgeous! One of my favorites of Greg's many builds!

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_9298.jpg

Thanks Bill for another fun filled Odd Thursday, I had a great time visiting, eating and being Ricochet'd.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Mr. Morse,

RE: your #46

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_9285.jpg

That looks gorgeous!  Well, they all do actually, but I am a Ford GT fan.  It looks awesome.

Hope to see it on the Odd Thurs Saturday coming up.

Chris

Bill: Thanks for another great night of sharing snacks with racers, and great racing, sure looks like the competition is getting tighter. Al thanks for smoked pork, very good. Good bench racing also going on which is always fun.

I'm afraid I do not take the opportunity often enough to thank everybody for the snacks they bring out to the Odd Thursday Night races. We had a tremendous pile of goodies last night! Thank you to everyone that brought snacks!

==========Bill

Odd Thursday Racing came on Saturday on March 14th..... I know, that's very odd!

The day started out with breakfast at The Stagecoach Saloon. I love their $4.00 breakfast! 2 eggs, 2 large bacon strips, country style potatoes, and a piece of toast! YUM!

The doors to the track opened at 11:00am. The track was open to practice until the first race started at approximately 12:30pm. We raced a total of five races throughout the day and evening. Later in the evening we also did some testing with various types of cars including Carrera 1/24 cars, and Parma 1/32 Womps. It was a fun day of racing, visiting with friends, and just playing with toy cars! When it was all over, two more racers were added to the Odd Thursday Night Winners List. Gary Howie Howard made the list with two wins, and Beau Frazier made the list with his Trans Am win. Thanks to everyone who made it out!

Here's some results:

Over 50 Class
1st Gary Howie Howard 51.0 laps - Fastest Lap of the Race 9.777
2nd Chris Kouba  48.7
3rd John Morse  47.7
4th Bill Bostic  47.2
5th Beau Frazier 46.9
6th Jeff Fields  44.8
7th Tracy Flood  44.0
8th Mitch Brooks  43.2
9th John Fisher  41.0
10th Amy Fields  38.8
11th Todd Flood  38.2
12th jimmy Jones  32.6

Vintage F1
1st Jeff fields  52.0 laps  Fastest Lap - Scalextric Vintage 9.562
2nd Tracy Flood  51.7
3rd Bryan Dickerson  50.7  Fastest Lap of the Race 9.391 & FIRST in Class - Scalextric Modern 
4th John Fisher  48.2
5th Mitch Brooks  46.7  FIRST in Class & Fastest Lap 10.621 - Historic Modified Production
6th Amy Fields  46.2  FIRST in Class & Fastest Lap 10.073 - Late Model F1
7th Monte Saager  45.8  FIRST in Class & Fastest Lap 10.844 - Cartrix
8th John Morse  45.2
9th Gary Howie Howard  42.8
10th Beau Frazier  42.2
11th Chris Kouba  40.6
12th Todd Flood  35.6  FIRST in Class & Fastest Lap 13.132 - Historic Scalextric

GT
1st Chris Kouba 58.5 laps  Fatsest Lap of the Race 8.653
2nd Beau Frazier  57.5
3rd Tracy Flood   54.9
4th Bill Bostic  53.3
5th Gary Howie Howard  52.9
6th Jeff Fields  52.8
7th Amy Fields  51.1
8th John Morse   48.5
9th Jimmy Jones 47.0
10th Mitch Brooks  46.4
11th Todd Flood  45.8

Trans Am
1st Beau Frazier  54.1  Fastest Lap of the Race 9.308
2nd Bill Bostic  52.0
3rd Chris Kouba  49.8
4th Gary Howie Howard 48.5
5th Tracy Flood  47.8
6th Todd Flood  47.2
7th Rob Miracle  45.2

BRM Porsche 962
1st Gary Howie Howard  58.1
2nd Chris Kouba  57.5
3rd Bill Bostic  56.7  Fastest Lap of the Race 8.535
4th Beau Frazier  53.9
5th Tracy Flood  52.9
6th Rob Miracle  50.3
7th Todd Flood  49.8

Bill (and all who made it out),

Thanks for a great day.  It was a great start at fixing my "fix" and hanging out with the gang.  I had lots of fun swapping paint and pulling the trigger.  Looks like I still have work to do on a few of my cars to get to the sharp end but it's still a great time running them.

Thanks again for hosting and I look forward to the next one.

Chris

Here's a couple cars Beau brought out to Odd Thursday Saturday......

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_9306.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_9307.jpg

Big thanks to Bill for another Thursday night of fun runs.  I guess I have to actually work on my cars...

"Big Smooth"

Thanks Bill for another terrific Thursday night race, I had a great time racing, B.S.ing and eating junk.  Looks like I may have to do some upgrades as well on my T/A cars.

Chet

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

You're welcome guys. I enjoy the Odd Thursday's. It gives us a chance to all get together and run some of our own cars, as well as giving us a chance for some serious bench racing! I'm with Monte, I need to do some work on my cars!!! Maybe actually finish a project or two!!!!

Odd Thurdasy Night March 19th.

A dozen racers in attendance and Bob, a new visitor from Hood River. We started the night's racing with the Trans Am Class race. Greg Petrolati and Bryan Trachsel tied for first in this race. Greg has shown the ability to consistantly place at the top of the podium in this class. This is one of the most competitive classes we race on Odd Thursday's. In this race there were only three and a half laps separating first from eighth! Glenn Heath raced his Scalextric Mustang with a traction magnet just as a test and comparison to his other car. His finish is shown as a DQ.

Trans Am Results:
1st tie  Greg Greenman Petrolati 51.7 laps
1st tie  Flyin' Bryan Trachsel 51.7 - Fastest Lap of the Race 9.655 + New Class Record
3rd  Gary Goose Gossett 50.9
3rd tie  Bill Bostic 50.9
5th  Rico 'chet Locati 50.4
6th  Monte Smooth Saager 49.0
7th  Bryan Dickerson 48.7
8th  John Fisher 48.2
9th  Al Christiansen 47.4
10th  Mitch Brooks 47.0
11th  Amy Fields 44.5
DQ  Big Glenn Heath 56.0

John Fisher's awesome GT Class car was at home in the shop getting a new paint job. This left the door open for The Goose to come in with his R390 Nissan and take the win. Goose's Slot.It Nissan dominated the field, running lap times almost a full three tenths of a second quicker than the other competitiors! he was hooked up and fast! It will be interesting to see how it performs against John's Audi! The rest of us were involved in tighter battles!

GT Class Results:
1st Goose 59.8 laps - Fastest Lap of the Race 8.681
2nd Flyin' Bryan 56.7
3rd Bill Bostic 55.5
4th Greenman 54.7
5th Smooth 54.6
6th 'Chet 54.2
7th Big Glenn 54.2
8th Bryan Dickerson 53.7
9th John fisher 53.2
10th Mitch Brooks 49.9
11th Al Christensen 46.1
12th Amy Fields 44.0

The Over 50 Class has quickly become a popular class. It is great fun to race those old, sometimes ill handling cars around the track! Rico'chet crushed the competition with his super fast Gar Vic grand Sport Corvette, winning with a three and a half lap margin! Gary Goose Gossett and Bryan Dickerson tied for second, but Goose suffered car damage that retired another car! Goose's Strombecker Ford J suffered damage to the nose of the car that almost separated the entire front end of the car from the rest of the body! This does not seem to be a lucky class for the Goose! Glenn Heath raced his newly completed scratchbuilt vintage NASCAR as a test run in this race. Glenn's finish is shown as a DQ.

Over 50 Class Results:
1st Rico Locati 54.7 laps - Fastest Lap of the Race 9.389 w/voltage @ 10 volts
2nd tie Gary gossett 51.2
2nd tie Bryan Dickerson 51.2
4th John Fisher 48.9
5th Greg Petrolati 45.8
6th Al Christensen 45.4
7th Mitch Brooks 44.5
8th Monte Saager 43.3
9th Bill Bostic 43.0
DQ Glenn Heath 46.7

And lastly we raced the ever popular BRM Porsche 962 cars. These cars are so much fun it is almost beyond description! These races are as much a show of force as they are a contest of speed! The Goose muscled his way to first place with 'Chet only three tenths of a lap behind him. One tenth of a lap separated third from fourth. This is some good racin'!

BRM Porshe 962 Results:
1st Gary Gossett 59.7
2nd Rico Locati 59.4 - Fastest Lap of the Race 8.172 + New Class Record
3rd Bill Bostic 58.2
4th Bryan Dickerson 58.1
5th Glenn Heath 53.8
6th John Fisher 51.3
7th Mitch Brooks 50.3
8th Al Christensen 45.1

Thank you Bill for a great night of racing (except over 50). I guess i better go to a lexan bodied car! Thank to all for sharing there treats with me. Ricochette thanks for picking up the parts boxs for me.

Man I wish I could have been there Thursday, looks like some amazing tight racing, always fun for me to watch you guys that actually know how to drive have those ding dong wheel to wheel battles. Hey Goose don't give up on the hard bodies and go lexan yet...my tires finally showed up so am hoping to get  some of my old hard stuff finally done and on the track...you wont be the only one with styrene parts flying!

We missed you and those good looking cars John!!!