Topic: NASTE 2014 Season Race No.17

Greetings!!!

Thank you all so very much for responding to my previous email, Facebook event page and the post I put on the NASTE forum about the race at Howie's track. We had a wonderful time, great racing and there was a variety of food to munch on.

NASTE race coming up on Saturday May 17, 2014 in Salem at the Edgewater track. We are going to be doing another pot luck style dinner. Terry and I will be showing up very close to race time as he is working that day and we can't leave here until later. I will be bringing desserts and a cooler full of pop. We might be there too late for dinner so if anyone has plates, forks and napkins they can bring, that would be terrific. If you would like to bring something to share, thank you. Please let us know by responding to this email, the Facebook event page or the post in the NASTE forum.

Race Information!
NASTE 2014 Season Race No.17
Saturday 5/17/2014
Edgewater Raceway in Salem

Dave Smith will be hosting this 1/24 IROC race at Edgewater raceway in Salem.
.Edgewater Raceway is a business open to the public and opens for business at noon. Practice time on the track can be purchased before the NASTE Race event.

.The track will be open for the NASTE Race practice at 4:00pm. This practice session is included in your entry fee. NASTE charges a $2.00 entry fee to race. The NASTE Club covers any additional entry costs associated with the use of the track.

.Please be at the track by 5:30pm for registration and the driver's meeting. The NASTE Race will start at 6:00pm SHARP!

FaceBook Event Page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/4354948 … p;source=1

Please feel free to forward this to other racers as I don't have an email address for everyone, nor am I friends with all of the racers on Facebook.

Thank you for your time! Hope to see you at the race!!
As Always,

Dorothy

Re: NASTE 2014 Season Race No.17

Dorothy,

I will bring paper plates and forks, spoons, & knives, and napkins. I will also bring my favorite potato salad (again!)........and thanks for organizing all this!!!

------------------------Bill

3 (edited by Dorothy the Hammer May 6, 2014 8:35 am)

Thank you Bill! That will be terrific. We're working on getting us down to Salem a bit sooner than we thought. All depends on if we can pull it off or not. smile

We'll still be bringing sodas and desserts. Bill is bringing his famous potato salad and utensils. Amanda is now able to come and she'll bring her famous dips and chips.

I'll keep you updated on the status of our pot luck!

I will not be bringing anything and that includes me.  Cece has an all day volleyball tournament on Saturday.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

COOL kid stuff! ............BUMMER racing stuff!!!!

You are such a good dad Rico! I hope Cece and her team do really well on Saturday!

I get to miss Thursday night too. Her normal ride to practice is not available so I'm doing that or Gabby's last softball game of the year, not sure which yet.

You're gonna miss the initial run of my Carrera Vette!!!

You can see the pictures in the Slot-Tech gallery.............

I'm also going to miss out running my BRM for the first time. Oh well, there's always next time.  If the girls do poorly at the tournament it could be a shorter day and may be able to make it to Salem.

wb0s wrote:

You're gonna miss the initial run of my Carrera Vette!!!

You can see the pictures in the Slot-Tech gallery.............

Apparently I am not cool enough to figure out where that is.  Got a link?

Here you go Chris. http://www.naste.org/tech.cfm

Update on the race tomorrow. June, Perry and Tyler will be there and bringing broccoli salad. Tracy and Todd will be there and bringing chips. Mitch Brooks says he can't make it. Monte and Victoria will be there. Not sure what they are bringing if anything. Victoria says she's got a busy day ahead for her. Bill~Potato salad and utensils. Amanda~Dips.

So, since it seems like we have more side dishes, I have been busy today fixing things today since I have my high school reunion tomorrow. If I'm supposed to organize, I'm responsible for having enough food right? tongue Anyways, I've made meat and cheese roll ups, cut up veggies, sliced meat and cheese, sliced bread for the garlic cheese spread I made, opened sweet pickles and I'll still be bringing pop and desserts.

See you tomorrow!

Update: Just heard from Monte. He says he'll bring some meatballs tomorrow! Thanks Monte!

Update: Victoria says she'll be bringing watermelon and some grape pop. Bill says he'll bring Glenn and some chicken too. smile See you all tonight!

Another exciting race at Edgewater Raceway! Smooth pulls out the win without even taking one practice lap!!! AWESOME job Monte!!!

A big thanks to Art for letting us race on his beautiful track, Dave Smith for organizing the event and building the cars, and to everyone that took part in the pot luck (the food was fantastic!)!!!!

Here's some photos from the race:

The Start -
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_5977.jpg

The Official NASTE Photographer at work! -
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_5979.jpg

Would this be the Fray in Salem, or the Fray at Edgewater???
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_5978.jpg

Huh, what, where? No, over there.......... -
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_5982.jpg

Thank you so much everyone for making last night's race so terrific! We had a huge crowd show up and looks like everyone had such a great night. Thanks to Victoria for the watermelon and pop, Monte for the meatballs, Rico and Bill for the chicken and potato salad, Tracy and Todd for the chips, Lora for the meatballs, Amanda for the chips, crackers and dips, June for that terrific broccoli salad, Dave for the great running cars and for the super racing we did together and Art for the use of his track!! Here are some pictures from the evening and video will come later!
http://s737.photobucket.com/user/SlotCa … 017%202014

Nice pictures Bill! Thanks so much for sharing!!

One heck of a night in Salem.  Thanks to Dave for putting it together.  I'm still stunned by the result.  Clearly practice is over-rated.  Well, for me at least.

Reminds me of a day on the Epson Golf Tour.  Stepped onto the practice green.  Dropped the ball and lined up a 30 foot putt.  Rolled it right in.  Guys are all staring at me like 'who is this guy?'.  Walk over, pick up my ball and walk off the putting green declaring "no sense ruining a good stroke".

Sometimes the magic works.

"Big Smooth"

Great picture.  That's a lot of pointing,

"Big Smooth"

Yes a lot of pointing and no one seemed to really know which way! smile

I'm surprised at myself. I got the video done. Yes, I was a slacker and just spliced all of them together, but it's done. Spectacular crash by Amanda happens at around 2:40 in the video. Missed June's crash, but I at least got one good crash. Thanks again for the great night of racing!

http://youtu.be/6ryiWzdIxls

AWESOME video Dorothy!! I especially like the crash scene!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

...............Oh, and CONGRATS on YOUR NASTE CHALLENGE WIN!!!!

Great video.  Glad I got to see Amanda's Leap.  I guess the Hammer doesn't fall far from the toolbox.

"Big Smooth"