Topic: NASTE Race number 4

Monte & Victoria, Thank you for the most excellent racing last night!

Monte the track worked great, and I like the new layout much better! Those digital SCX cars sure get a work out at those races, but they are holding up well considering the abuse!

Victoria, as usual the food was just as good if not better than the racing!

AND Dorothy, Thanks again Hammer for all the treats!!!!............they sure don't taste sugar-free!!!!!!!

----------------------Bill

Re: NASTE Race number 4

I agree with Bill.  I would like to thank my team mates Greg, Tom, Dorothy and Larry for an awesome race we almost caught em. Great job everyone.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Yes, thanks to my team as well.  The finish was a lot closer than it looked like it was going to be for a while.  I need to work on my team selecting I guess.  It seemed like the track fared pretty well for a new layout.  I enjoyed it and it seemed to have a reasonable flow to it.  I'm moving the second crossover curve and also fixing the corner I futzed up.  One more time for the sanding routine.  I've determined there are many things I'd rather do than sand.

And tires...  what the heck was up with that third car.  I thought the tires were ok but clearly not.  I figured it was just crazed drivers but when I got to it, holy moley...

We'll do better next time.

Next up for the digitral track - Ribs'n'Racin' II.

"Big Smooth"

What a great night of racing! Thanks so much for all the hard work Monte getting that track up and running. I was truly amazed that you got it all done in time. I really liked the layout too! Thank goodness it wasn't just me with that car Monte! lol

Thanks Victoria for that wonderful food! Yummy pizza and I love having a salad to go along. Those brownies were totally gooey too! ;>}

Rico, you did an awesome job getting us so darn close at the end! If you'd had a few more minutes to run that final time, I bet we would have caught them!

You're welcome Bill. I am happy to oblige with the treats and thanks for being guinea pigs with my experiments! Going to try Mary's suggestion with the rum balls for next time.

Got the pix uploaded, but not video yet. Still haven't gotten the first Sunday vids up yet either. Too much to do this time of year. I'll get them up some day though, I promise. Didn't get many shots since I was trying to help with being a corner marshal. Might have worked better if I had stayed behind the camera though.

Thank you Bill and Monte for the 'items'. You two are terrific!

Have a great Christmas and see you all in the New Year!

http://s737.photobucket.com/albums/xx14 … ?start=all

I can't take all the credit, it was a team effort.  We all made up laps to make it close at the end, great job everybody

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Well, I did it! I got the final two races uploaded. So much easier when they are only a minute long or so and I get them going before heading out on errands! Thanks again Monte for a great final night of NASTE racing in 2011. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

NASTE Final Race 2011 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aGZuks9TVM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjB2mBJo-ZM

Great photos and video Dorothy! Thanks!   --------------Bill