Re: NASTE Race No.3 - November 19, 2011 at Fantasy World Hobbies in Tacoma

It's the Shari's in Washington at Exit 39 on I-5 I believe.  Might be easiest to meet us there.  I'm guessing Bill will head out on 205 to I-5.

"Big Smooth"

We are meeting at the Kmart on 122nd & Sandy at 8:00.  Bill usually does travel up I-205 From there based on past experience.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Good to know. I think i will meet you at sharis in washington. 9AM sounds good to me. One other thing do i need any racing gear for this event. because last naste event i needed none. This is gonna be fun.

29 (edited by slotdrew November 18, 2011 9:00 pm)

on a second note i think i will meet you at kmart its a quarter of the distance and closer to the airport for any late arrivals home. 8Am even better.

Drew, bring a Professor Motor Controller if you have one, and I know you do.  ;-)

We want to make sure we have enough to IROC the controllers too.  Thanks!

"Big Smooth"

OK here's the NASTE Slot Party Bus line up: Rico, Dorothy, Monte, Victoria, Greg, Drew, Dennis, and of course me. I'll see Greg & Dorothy at my place at 7:30am, Monte, Victoria, Rico,  & Drew at the KMart parking lot at 8:00am, and Dennis at Shari's on I-5 (usual place) at 9:00am.  The NASTE Slot Party Bus is a light blue Dodge van (a really big one!).    ------------------Bill

32 (edited by reek455 November 19, 2011 9:40 pm)

We need a huge NASTE thank you to Bill for doing an outstanding job of piloting the Naste prison/church bus to Tacoma and back.  Another round of applause goes to Tony at FantasyWorld for hosting a spirited event with the now infamous Racer Ferrari's.  Yes, the very same cars that garnered Dorothy her nick name of "the Hammer".  The cars performed flawlessly once again and congratulations to John, Monte and Tony on the podium finishes.  A good time was had by all and included a special side trip to 132slotcar.us.  See ya at the next race, cousins.

Rico

Thanks Rico, but the really big thanks goes to my son Greg for supplying the NASTE Slot Party Bus (AKA THE NSPB), THANKS GREG!!!

Man, I had a BLAST!  Racing at Fantasy World, road trip with a great bunch of friends and racers (Dorothy, Rico, Monte, Victoria, Greg, Dennis & Drew), breakfast at Shari's, a special visit to Slot Cars 1:32, dinner at Cousins,....................and the COFFEE, WOW what a day!!!!!

NASTE Racin', it's the best!!!

Thank you to Tony and Fantasy World for hosting our race (and for the tip on the coffee......I just love Alabama!)!!!!!

---------------------Bill

Not too sure about Alabama as a state, but it's latest export is splendiferous.

35 (edited by Dorothy the Hammer November 20, 2011 2:51 pm)

Good Morning! What do 2 women, 6 men and one Party Bus lead up to?

l
l
l
l
l
l
l
V

NASTE Road Trip of course!

http://s737.photobucket.com/albums/xx14 … ?start=all

Thanks for driving us all day Bill. Please thank Greg for the great van. Thought it was John who loaned it to us. Sure hope you got to sleep after that Monster Drink!

I spent almost 30 minutes trying to send a message to you on Facebook this morning. After it finally went through, I realized I could have just come here and posted the picture link! Sheesh! ;>} I'm such a blonde some times. Videos will get uploaded later. Right now we're off to have pizza with my friend Ruben. He's sure looking forward to racing in December at Monte's. Have a great Sunday!

Edited to add video links! Pizza was great and videos uploaded just fine while we were eating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THsRKuglGjc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYVwgV_qCro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUaT-hDQyYk

Dorothy, I'm glad you could make the trip, just sorry Terry couldn't join us. But it was sure great to have you along! A big thanks for all the photography and video work you do in recording our races and adventures, (not to mention the most excellent treats you make us)!!!!!    -------------------Bill

37 (edited by the Professor November 20, 2011 5:32 pm)

Thanks for making the roadtrip up to race with us at Fantasy World.  It was fun racing with you all again and I look forward to the next time.  If you ever need another venue and would like to use my track just let me know.

Keep it in the slot,

-John