Topic: NASTE Race No.3 - November 19, 2011 at Fantasy World Hobbies in Tacoma

I will have our son's 12 passenger van to use for the commute to the NASTE race at Fantasy World Hobbies in Tacoma Washington on November 19th. If you are interested in a car pool to this race just let me know.  I am starting the passenger list NOW!

Disclaimer: Window seats are at a premium. This is a non-smoking, no stewardess flight.....................

-------------------Bill

Re: NASTE Race No.3 - November 19, 2011 at Fantasy World Hobbies in Tacoma

1 window seat please or better yet- shotgun.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

You're the first responder - it's yours!

4 (edited by Dorothy the Hammer November 11, 2011 2:25 pm)

Shoot! If only I would have registered earlier, I could have called shotgun! ;>} Oh wait, I was already told by Bill that I would have to sit in the way, way back. Oh well, guess that means I get to eat all the treats I bring. I'll be too far away to pass them to anyone. Could I at least have a window seat please?

Welcome Dorothy!!!

You're in Dorothy, your seat is reserved. I'm pretty sure some negotiation could take place with Rico if it involved the correct bribe (nobody can resist your candies!!!)!   ----------------Bill

Dang, I'm gonna be in the wrong car, no fair.  Maybe we'll have a bidding war for Dorothy.

"Big Smooth"

I'll open the bids; window seat & free coffee!!!!   -------------Bill

I only have window seats...

Talked with Tony, he thinks a 1pm start time is reasonable.

"Big Smooth"

FOUL.......NOT fair !!!!!!

I've been in the back seat of the Saager mobile.  Dorothy, trust me, you don't wanna go there if you don't have to.  It may have a view but the leg room is at a premium.

11 (edited by Dorothy the Hammer November 12, 2011 1:31 pm)

Thanks Bill! Window seat AND free coffee?!? Boy, that's going to be hard to beat. ;>} Is the window seat closer to the front of the van Bill? Also, what time are we leaving and where do I need to meet up with you for that ride?

Don't worry Monte. I might, and I repeat might, have treats leftover by the time we get to the race. LOL

Oh yeah. It's okay that I don't get shotgun. I plan to bring my plastic canvas project and having a bench seat will probably give me more room. Your seat is safe Rico! wink

Cool Dorothy, third respondent gets you in the first rear seat!!! I still have to confirm the race start time (Monte - any word from Tony on start time?). And as far as where we meet up, that may depend on who else is interested in car pooling. So far it's me, Rico, and you Dorothy, so if that's all we get we may Toaster it on up (much better gas mileage than that 12 passenger Dodge van!). I'll keep you posted!

So, anybody else interested in car pooling please let me know ASAP!!!!     ------------------------Bill

Victoria and I are apparently interested after all.  We're interested in stopping at Alan's shop on the way home if that's ok.

"Big Smooth"

Smooth, That's cool with me! I've never been there, should be fun! You guys are on the list.  -------------Bill

Thanks for letting me know Bill. I'll check back here again to see if there are any more developments.

Nice Monte! It will be a party bus with more people on board. ;>}

Back to candy making now. Mmmm... chocolate.  big_smile

Bill,

Any thoughts on when and where we are meeting up? I heard or read somewhere the race was at 1:00, maybe Monte can confirm?

Rico

Yes, race at 1pm.  We should try to be there by noon.

"Big Smooth"

Dorothy, Rico, Monte, & Victoria where would you guys like to meet up?

Breakfast on the way up?

------------Bill

Might be easier for us to just meet you at Shari's.  9am?

"Big Smooth"

That sounds good Monte, 9:00am at Shari's on I-5 it is.

So Rico & Dorothy, how about we meet in the K Mart parking lot on NE 122nd & Sandy Blvd at 8:00am?

I picked up the TNSPB (Team NASTE Slot Party Bus) this evening. My earlier passenger estimate may have been a little off.  After driving this behemoth and checking it out, I have seats for 6 or 7 more racers...............4 of which are window seats!!!!

Come on gang, let's go!

"Big Smooth"

what time do you think the party bus will get back into town i have to pick my GF up at the airport at 11 pm

Hey Drew, We are usually back in town by that time, but it may be close. If you were to park your car at the KMart parking lot, you'd only be 5 minutes from the airport terminal. I'm pretty sure we could have you back to the parking lot by 10:55pm.   -----------Bill

Drew, I'd guess no later than back to town by 8pm.  Come join us.

"Big Smooth"

I think i want to go. That being said what sharis on I-5 are you talking about. I live in Kenton next to I-5 in north portland. Plus its only a 10 minute drive from home to PDX. Getting excited to go race in Washington.