1,976 (edited by docdoom July 15, 2023 9:34 am)

Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread

So here  is Odd Thursday  race report.  We 6 racers make the show. We had some fast cars and we had some not so fast cars. There was some close racing some of us stayed in the slot and some  of us not so much. In the end we had winners and we had loosers. But ant no big deal because the simple man makes the pills that ...... Some enjoy the thrill of victory other the bitter taste of defeat.  We take along month  break with no racing on the next odd Thursday  race so lots of time to tune those cars..

The secondnidator

Very nice and unspecific smile

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

reek455 wrote:

Very nice and unspecific smile

Yep was a long day at work and was wiped  out..... I figured let people question  who did what... you had a good night. Keep that up and you will be hard to beat  in the championship next time around..

The secondnidator

HEADS UP there  be racing these up coming Thursday. So no excuse  for not showing..

The secondnidator

I will be helping Chris Kouba shake down his PDX Adult Soap Box Derby entry for this year's event!

wb0s wrote:

I will be helping Chris Kouba shake down his PDX Adult Soap Box Derby entry for this year's event!

ok maybe next time. Stay safe no roll overs

The secondnidator

I don't do that anymore!

1,983 (edited by Over 50 Al August 3, 2023 12:51 pm)

When I tried to start the track this afternoon the computer won’t work so I’m canceling the race for tonight. Sorry for the late notice.

1,984 (edited by docdoom August 4, 2023 7:23 am)

Yep the computer is toast. Hopefully  it can be repaired in time  for our next race. If any body has a working desk top with the old style 25 pin vga hook up they not using  and would  like to donate  give Al a call.

The secondnidator

1,985 (edited by docdoom August 4, 2023 7:27 am)

I did a little research  on ebay and found a few desk tops that will work for Al's track need. They are going for around 100 to 200 bills. Who would be willing to pitch in some cash and help buy if the one we have can not be saved ?.

The secondnidator

I'll stop by Al's in the next day or so with an extra box that should work.

"Big Smooth"

1,987 (edited by ckouba August 5, 2023 9:43 pm)

I may also be able to locate one if Monte's falls through.  Let me know.

Actually, I can locate one, would just need to confirm it has the needed port.

I dropped a working unit to Mitch yesterday and it should do the job.

We wait to hear more as I didn't have a monitor to connect to it.

HOWEVER, I think Bill is also ready for a new unit and I have exhausted my supply.

"Big Smooth"

If what I have is properly spec'd for the job, it'd be proud to support In Slot's Checkered Flag Raceway!

I'll see if I can find it and wake the hampsters.

News from Al's yesterday was great.  New PC is in place and up and running.

A single tech call between Mitch and I and it was running fine!

"Big Smooth"

Chris, the computer I need would have to have the old style "slot thingie" (correct technical term unknown to me) installed to accept the SRT board. SRT runs in DOS (I think that's what it is referred to).........

wb0s wrote:

Chris, the computer I need would have to have the old style "slot thingie" (correct technical term unknown to me) installed to accept the SRT board. SRT runs in DOS (I think that's what it is referred to).........

Serial  port?

The secondnidator

Nah, he's talking about 8 and 16-bit slots for video cards and such.  XT/AT...

"Big Smooth"

YEAH!....What HE said!!!!

Monte- got a pic of what I'd be looking for?  Most of my desktop stuff is of a certain vintage so if it's something "old" which is needed, I'd bet I have something which will work.

I just don't know what XT and AT stuff is, unless you're talking about bike component sets.

Something like this?

http://www.philipstorr.id.au/pcbook/images/ex3a4.jpg

Ripin’ Ridin’ Raceway will be open 8/17/23 !!!

Due to lap counter problems the race on 8/31/23 is cancelled !

1,999 (edited by docdoom September 8, 2023 8:51 am)

Well we are back to racing once again at Al's man cave track. Once again  it was a very light turn out with only 4 making the show so track calls and self Marshaling of cars was the call for the night. After  few restarting  of the heats working out the race program  issues. We were off racing. Up 1st was  classic slot it/Policar  and Al showed early he had a fast car and took the win with 82 laps with doc two back  with 80  and green man AK Greg 3rd and Mitch 4th. Up next was  revo slot and Doc Viper  stormed out to the front and never looked back to take the win followed  by Greg's Supra followed  by Al's f1 and Mitch Marcos.. last race was open  and we lost one driver with Greg heading out. DOC thunder slot was really hooked up and running 6.0 laps and after the dust had settled  set a new track record of 86.3 laps Al was in second 2 laps back with Mitch  taking the last step. Next race is the start of champion ship. AL should be putting out the schedule  so stay tuned to what classes  we are running. I'm going be starting in the hole defending. Going miss the next race or two with being on vacation.

The secondnidator

Sept. 7th Race Results:

Slot.it Polycar Classic Class:
1st Al 82.1 laps
2nd Doc 80.7
3rd Greg 76.3
4th Mitch 73.8

Revoslot Class:
1st Doc 79.4 laps
2nd Greg 74.9
3rd Al 74.2