926

(5 replies, posted in NASTE)

I would like to thank all the racers that came to play Saturday evening, I had a great time and I hope you all did too.  I'm sorry about the computer glitches, but on the positive side I made a few adjustments yesterday and with some help from the software creator we should have it fixed.  I found out the program is designed to run automatically and not like the manual control we are used too.  I changed a few settings and set up the race the race from Saturday and it ran the entire 26 heats flawlessly.  See ya"ll in May for the next Naste race or in a few weeks for the Tuesday night series.

Regards
Rico

P.S.  Who's still farting from the chili?

927

(3 replies, posted in NASTE)

Sorry I had to miss the race, but the announcement was kind of late and I had other plans already in place.  CU Tuesday for the NASTE/Proxy race or in two weeks.

Rico

Dorothy the Hammer wrote:

Sorry Bill. smile

No you're not tongue

929

(57 replies, posted in NASTE)

Modified the post, happy now?

930

(57 replies, posted in NASTE)

Tonight's turn out at Autumn Hills was 6 racers who enjoyed ice cream snacks provided by Kelly.  Thanks dear. Now on to the ever important results:

Classic Sports Car Class:

1. Greg Petrolati/Scratchbuilt Cheetah - 45.2 laps
2. Rico Locati/Hybrid Ferrari - 44.7 laps
3. Tracy Flood/Ninco Jaguar - 42.8 laps
4. Eric the Cheesehead/Hybrid Jaguar - 40.6 laps
5. Drew Kinney/Scratchbuilt Ferrari 166 - 39.0 laps
6. Monte Saager/Ninco Cobra - 38.0 laps

GT Claass:

1. Rico Locati/Fly Daytona Prototype - 45.3 laps
2. Drew Kinney/Avant Alpine - 43.3 laps
3. Monte Saager/Ninco Lamborghini - 40.2 laps
4. Tracy Flood/Ninco Megane - 39.9 laps
5. Greg Petrolati/Pioneer? Mustang - 38.0 laps
6. Eric the Cheesehead/Ninco Porsche 911- 37.4 laps

Thank you everyone that braved the traffic, it was another enjoyable night of Naste racing.

Rico

931

(57 replies, posted in NASTE)

Thanks to everyone that came to race last night, the racing was close, especially the GT class.  The long distance award goes to Mike who was in town on business from the SeaTac area.  CU next week at Bill's I believe.

Rico

932

(57 replies, posted in NASTE)

Thanks for another fun filled race from the Saager's.  I had a great time, despite my car troubles.   I cannot promise Police & Fire Department visits next Tuesday but the racing should be good.

Rico

933

(57 replies, posted in NASTE)

Thanks for hosting a really fun race tonight Bill.  I never even heard "the Evil One".

Rico

934

(57 replies, posted in NASTE)

Well, we didn't get a lot of racing in but I think we have a better plan for next time.

935

(19 replies, posted in Penguin Point Raceway)

kidvolt wrote:

Time for some grass!

You don't say.  The track is looking good.

936

(57 replies, posted in NASTE)

I just found out I have to work until 5:00 Tuesday so don't break your neck's trying to get there by 6:30.  I will do my best to be ready but may be running a little late.

937

(18 replies, posted in NASTE)

Great write up on the NasteCarlo Monte, thanks much.

938

(13 replies, posted in Too Bad Motorplex)

I would agree that the Carrera cars can be bought cheap and that they are amoung the worst handling, least tunable slot cars.  I"ve heard some of the newer releases may be slightly better than some of the older ones.
I think a single make series, say Porsche 911 GT-1's or Ford GT-40's might be a fun experiment.  Ninco, Fly, Scalextric, Carrera and maybe somebody else make the Porsche's and Fly, Scalextric, Slot.it, MRRC and NSR all make GT-40's.  Another potential car would be 911 GT3's which are made by AutoArt, Ninco, ProSlot, SCX,Carrera, Scalextric, NSR and porbably a few others I'm not thinking of.  Fairly lax rules, maybe standard cans with a max RPM limit, urethane tires and see who can find a better mousetrap.

One other possibility is the Fly DP cars, lots of liveries and some slight variations in body styles coupled with being fairly cheap.

Rico

939

(18 replies, posted in NASTE)

I'm not sure I can add anything that hasn't already been said but what a great day.  It sure was fun to see how some of the other rally cars from brands other than SCX stack up.  I was particularly impressed with Tracy's Ninco Subey and the Professors Scaley Skoda. I was astounded the Fulvia was as competitive as it was with a top 10 finish, not bad for a car that has been widely criticised as no good.  But I think my favorite part was beating modern slot cars with my 27 year old Scalextric/SCX hybrid Lancia 037. Don't believe it's that old, check here: http://www.neldo.net/Index.htm 

Rico

940

(18 replies, posted in NASTE)

Here's some rallay vids to get you entused about the NasteCarlo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVwrg8KVx6I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c45rqos6oGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTG6SM66WXw


Rico

Sorry to disapoint you Dorothy about the lack of trigger time, but persons in charge of the proxy have requested a host crews best drivers run the cars to keep the multitudes satisfied.  There have been a few complaints in the past about some hosts saving the best drivers for the hometown cars and last night was in deference to that request.  I would think there has to be a happy middle ground somewhere.  Thanks to Bill and Diane for hosting and feeding us, it was a spectacular evening and as always you were excellent hosts.  I love the track and look forward to more races on it in the future.

Rico

942

(18 replies, posted in NASTE)

Here's some nice shots of some Group B cars:

http://jalopnik.com/5910506/group-b-rev … /gallery/1

Rico

Most excellent news, I can't wait to give it a run. I looks really nice Bill, great job.

Rico

Didn't you hear?  That's really Exlax, NOT chocolate.....

I'm not sure how good it'll be next year anyway.....Oh Dorothy.

Geez, I might have to start drinking more Kahlua if it means I'll win the race.  Thank you to all that came, ate, raced and ate some more.  It was our pleasure to be your hosts.

It was a great season and the final results were as close as the racing all season.

Maybe......

He has to be there for the coronation :-)

As always a great afternoon racing with friends.  Thank you Monte and Victoria once again.

Rico

At least you're going all out,  getting anxious to give it a try.