Very fun day Bill. Lots of racing was to be had with the two classes. The track was in good racing condition. Thanks for hosting the race.
276 November 21, 2021 9:24 am
Re: Northwest True Scale Classic NASCAR Race held on November 20, 2021 (7 replies, posted in InSlot's Checkered Flag Raceway)
277 November 16, 2021 10:01 pm
Re: Projects: Done/Not So Done (259 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)
Mitch, I have learned over the years not to "scavenge" parts, park it and leave it alone and it will pretty much be ready to go next time. I hope you will get it going before the race, the more the merrier.
Looking forward to the race and having a good time.
278 November 16, 2021 9:41 am
Re: Projects: Done/Not So Done (259 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)
I started this project a few months ago. Thanks to Bill I was able to get this Mopar NASTRUCK. This is sitting on a new 2NASTE chassis. There was a problem with the decals. While in the sealed box since 2001 the tires were sitting on top of the decals, ruining a portion of them. That is why you do not see the Hot Wheels decals on the side. I also had to hand paint part of the number 43 on the passenger side, so I am not showing that side!! I had to make do with other decals I had. Looking forward to racing it at the upcoming race this month.
First picture is from the kit box. Second is what I started with. Third is the finished product.
When my good friend Bill finds time he will add pics.



279 November 14, 2021 9:09 am
Topic: TA2? (2 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)
I am considering hosting a TA2 race before the 2022 season is over. The TA2 is collecting dust and I would like to remedy that with a special ( Pizza ) race. I am doing that with the NASTRUCK, why not the TA2?
Who would be interested?
280 November 7, 2021 9:07 pm
Re: Northwest True Scale Race at Springwater Raceway - October 6, 2021 (10 replies, posted in Springwater Raceway)
Results of the 4.5 Flexi race on Nov. 6, '21:
1.....John..........................219.0
2.....Gary T........................218.7
3.....Bob............................216.9
4.....Zack..........................212.1
5.....Gary K........................211.4
6.....Bill.............................206.0
7.....Rico...........................202.3
8.....Howie.........................191.6
9.....Beau...........................171.0
10...Al...............................148.6
281 November 7, 2021 6:57 pm
Re: Northwest True Scale Race at Springwater Raceway - October 6, 2021 (10 replies, posted in Springwater Raceway)
Yea Bill; I spent 3hrs. this morning going over issues: guide flag, guide tongue, front axle, new front tires. I am not using that as an excuse, just some stuff I should have checked way before the race!! At least it should handle better, now I need to fire and hire another driver!!
282 November 7, 2021 8:03 am
Re: Northwest True Scale Race at Springwater Raceway - October 6, 2021 (10 replies, posted in Springwater Raceway)
Results of the Classic NASCAR on Nov. 6, '21.
1.....Zack.............................330.4 Laps.
2.....Gary T...........................326.5
3.....Bob...............................324.1
4.....Gary K...........................300.4
5.....Bill................................298.8
6.....John..............................297.7
7.....Gearloose.......................294.6
8.....Howie............................286.4
9.....Rico...............................280.3
10...Al..................................276.6
11...Terry..............................265.2
12...Beau..............................241.0
13...Mitch..............................73.8
283 November 7, 2021 7:18 am
Re: Rapid Raceway points for the season. (31 replies, posted in Northwest True Scale Racers)
Points for the 2022 season.
Zack...............30+30=60+30=90+25=115
Bob.................29+28=57+27=84
Gearloose.........28+24=52+22=74
Howie..............27+23=50+25=75+1=76
Al...................26+21=47+23=70
Bart................25+20=45+28=73
Matt...............24+19=43
Terry...............23+20=43+21=64+30=94
Mitch..............22+18=40+16=56
John...............21+25=46+29=75+29=104
Rico...............20+22=42+18=60
Gary T............29
Bill.................26+26=52+26=78
Beau..............19+17=36+27=63
Gary K............27
Dennis............24
Craig..............28
284 November 3, 2021 7:46 pm
Re: NASTRUCK for sale. (18 replies, posted in For Sale or Trade)
Doc. you need to see a Doc.....................................................the eye Doc!!
285 November 3, 2021 7:14 pm
Re: NASTRUCK for sale. (18 replies, posted in For Sale or Trade)
Ok, the NASTRUCK is going to Doc. Thanks Doc. Hope you enjoy it.
286 November 2, 2021 8:34 am
Topic: NASTRUCK for sale. (18 replies, posted in For Sale or Trade)
I am putting this NASTRUCK up for sale. It comes complete except motor, gears and rear tires.
It is a Scholer chassis and has been raced. I am building another one and that will make it 3 and I don't need 3 of them!
We have a NASTRUCK race this month and this is an easy way to get into it.
$75.00.


287 October 26, 2021 8:13 am
Re: Points for the season. (5 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)
Rico, if you want, you can bring the car over and solder that pinion on and it will not come loose again.
It is really hard to put enough effort in soldering a pinion on while racing, just too much in a hurry to get back in the race!
288 October 25, 2021 7:30 am
Re: Points for the season. (5 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)
Points for the season of 2022:
Classic NASCAR after 1 race:
Zack...........30.
Bob.............29
Gearloose.....28
Howie..........27
Al...............26
Bart............25
Matt...........24
Terry...........23
Mitch..........22
John...........21
Rico............20
289 October 25, 2021 7:05 am
Re: This is the Can Am page. (118 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)
Race of Oct. 23, 2021.
Laps Best time.
1.....John 266 4.007
2.....Zack 242 3.962
3.....Al 239 4.560
4.....Rico 232 4.253
5.....Gearloose 223 4.695
6.....Mitch 220 4.894
7.....Howie 217 4.450
8.....Bob 158 4.047
9.....Matt 111 4.363

290 October 25, 2021 6:34 am
Topic: This is the Classic NASCAR page. (1 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)
Oct. 23, 2021. First points race of the 2022 season using a new class called Classic NASCAR that was introduced by Bob Nakamura. Rules for this class are in the True Scale forum.
Laps. Fast time.
1.....Zack 392 4.391
2.....Bob 389 4.437
3.....Gearloose 372 4.711
4.....Howie 365 4.591
5.....Al 344 4.927
6.....Bart 331 5.027
7.....Matt 295 4.879
8.....Terry 285 4.884
9.....Mitch 224 5.359
10...John 206 4.617
11...Rico 188 N/A


291 October 23, 2021 6:39 pm
Re: Rapid Raceway 2022 season schedule. (7 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)
Doors open at 5:00pm.
292 October 14, 2021 3:48 pm
Re: Rapid 500 on Oct. 2, 2021. (6 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)
Back when I was getting ready to order braid for Rapid, I suggested to Bad Bob about using steel braid, he said: "No, never use steel braid, someone will sneak magnets in their car"!! So magnets will do no good here. But Bill's car ( Bad Bob's chassis ) was like a magnet car!
I was wondering where you were Mr. Bell, not like you to miss a race. Hope to see you at Rapid on the 23rd.
293 October 4, 2021 1:06 pm
Re: Rapid 500 on Oct. 2, 2021. (6 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)
Sorry you had to leave early Rico.
It was a fun night for me despite my ill handling car.
Watching Bill during the race reminded me of what Mario Andretti said one time: "if you think you have complete control, then your not going fast enough"! Bill looked like he was using magnets!! I was in a few heats with him and I kept saying to him " Are you back passing me again so soon"? No way in hell was I even close to keeping up with him. I am happy he took the win.
294 October 3, 2021 9:25 am
Topic: Rapid 500 on Oct. 2, 2021. (6 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)
Great turn out ( 16 entries ) good racing and lots of fun for me and hope every one. Thanks to all who made the trip to Rapid Raceway.
Results:
1. Bill................774.0 Laps.
2. Bob..............768.6
3. Craig............762.0
4. Marty...........748.6
5. John............745.4
6. Stewart........736.6
7. Dennis..........729.6
8. Zack............682.0
9. Al................674.4
10. Howie...........656.0
11. Bart..............635.2
12. Mitch............547.3
13. Scott............543.6
14. Rico..............281.1...........Rico had to leave early.
15. Gearloose.......DQ.
16. Beau.............DQ.




295 September 26, 2021 9:37 am
Re: Can-Am cars for sale. (15 replies, posted in For Sale or Trade)
Ok, just talked to Chris, he wants the #6 car. So Matt if you are still interested you have the Beau built car #5.
296 September 26, 2021 8:39 am
Re: Can-Am cars for sale. (15 replies, posted in For Sale or Trade)
Ok, I am back.
The way I see it is: Chris asked first for the cars, then Matt wanted them. I would like to do this: Sell one to Chris and one to Matt, but first I have to get a hold of Chris to see if he is still interested. Stay tuned!
297 August 30, 2021 2:47 pm
Topic: Can-Am cars for sale. (15 replies, posted in For Sale or Trade)
John Gill brought two Lexan McLaren Can-Am 1/24th. cars over to sell. They are 4" wheel base. One chassis was made by Bob McFarland and the other was made by Beau. They are both ready to go except for rear tires and one will need new front tires in order to race. $40.00 each. I sent Bill the pictures so when he has time the pictures will be here. My #503-252-7692. Howie.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
298 July 6, 2021 8:18 am
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread (2,208 replies, posted in NASTE)
Some one had a few fireworks in my driveway, I can see the residue on the pavement!
299 July 4, 2021 4:37 pm
Re: MONDAY OT (Open Track) (140 replies, posted in InSlot's Checkered Flag Raceway)
Good news on your track Bill. I plan on making it one of these Mondays, I have a couple cars to test and just as important: a lot of BS'n to catch up on!!
300 June 29, 2021 6:41 am
Re: MONDAY OT (Open Track) (140 replies, posted in InSlot's Checkered Flag Raceway)
I went to the Fruit stand not far from the house to buy a gallon of milk for the grand kids yesterday. When one of them started pouring milk into a bowl of cereal he said: "oh crap, this milk is sour". Sure enough it was mighty chunky! Took it back and there was a sign on the outdoor refrigerators stating, "sorry, no milk is available, all the milk in these outdoor refrigerators is no good". They must have discovered after I bought my milk that the milk had gone sour. Beings they are closed on Sunday, I imagine the hot temps all day Sunday was too much for the units outdoors. A lot of milk inventory went to hell.