Topic: Club Purchase of a Tire Razor Tire Truing Machine

A suggestion has been brought to me in regards to the NASTE "Club" purchasing a Tire Razor truing machine. I bring this to all of you to decide whether this is something the "club" members are interested in doing. There are a couple ways we could make the purchase. The current club funds are sufficient to make the purchase, or we could use a "share" purchase such as Dennis Hart has layed out for the Gravity racer program to get additional funds to make the purchase.

My only reservation is that I am all too aware that "club" owned assets have the potential to creat"problems" within a club. With that said, I would suggest that one person be responsible for the safe keeping of the machine. I would suggest a "check out" proceedure similar to obtaining a library book, with a log book kept to track who is in possession of the machine. I would suggest a designated length of time for possession of the checked out machine. I would expect the person checking out the machine would be responsible for any damage or loss of the machine, both physically and financially. It would also be nice if the machine were available for use on official NASTE race days, before the start of the race.

Your thoughts and comments are needed regarding this proposal.

Thanks!   =========Bill

Re: Club Purchase of a Tire Razor Tire Truing Machine

Emailed you.

I'm ok with this but I hope we get something OTHER than a Tire Razor.  How about something a little nicer if we're going to pool up for this one.

Those are my only thoughts.

"Big Smooth"

Are there issues with the Razor?

There are according to a certain racer from Tacoma.  You should give him a call and get the lowdown.

"Big Smooth"

How many tire truing machines are there  that will do a good job with 1/32 tires?      and I know with the tire razor you will need a power supply to use it...    not sure if there are any others out there that have a built in power supply

"Due to economic cutbacks,the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"

Hudy would be another choice but I believe they are more expensive and supply seems to be limited.   ScaleAuto makes one as well but I have no info on how good they are and once again they are pricey and in short supply.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

I do not know of any tire truing machines that come with their own power supply, including the really expensive Hudy's.

May i please ask what is bad about the tire razor.

Thank you

Evidently one of the Tacoma racers does not like it. I do not know what the issues with it are.

I have a Tire Razor and think it does just fine.  Is it AWESOME???  I don't know.  Does it do a decent job if you tend to it?  Sure.

Is it the only one I've ever used so I have no basis for comparison?  Yep.

Glad I could help!

Its got to be better than me trying to eyeball and make sure my tire is flat when I am sanding it... I also saw a video for the tire razor and when he  sanded a tire he uses pretty fine sand paper and water with a little dish soap in it on the sand paper.

"Due to economic cutbacks,the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"

Will it do HO tires? Ha Ha Ha Ha tongue

Actually as funny as it sounds, I think you could set up a Razor to do HO tires.