Topic: Jiada Slot Cars

Anybody tried out the Jiada 1/32 cars?  -------------Bill

Re: Jiada Slot Cars

The reviews likened them to a Yugo.  Buyer beware was their advice.

"Big Smooth"

I knew they made track, but have never seen/heard about cars
Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Oops, I'll let you guys know in a week or so..............first hand.............hey, at least they were cheap!  ------Bill

Jada, jada, jada-jada-jing, jing, jing...  Ah, those old memories of songs from the past...

http://www.rhapsody.com/sidneybechet/si … yrics.html

And here's a link to a review:

http://www.homeracingworld.com/jiadaraceset.htm

Personally I found their web site annoying but in our continuing effort to provide all the pertinent information, have at it:

http://www.jiadatoys.com/eng/product.as … mp;page=24

There's more on the next page too.  Also check out the listings for the Orbital car...  go figure.

"Big Smooth"

They may not be that bad, I re-read the review and I think it was the stick-on decals that probably put me off.  However that's just a personal thing.  If they run like SCX cars, they will be fine, just slow.  Well, slower than a Slot.It.  But they will run well unto themselves.  In fact, they might be just perfect for a NASTE IROC!

"Big Smooth"

I had ordered two from an Ebay seller. My plan was to try them out as potentila IRCO cars. After reading the review I went ahead and ordered four more. These things are CHEAP, and NASTE needs a set of IROC cars to run at Kimm's 1/32 routed track in Eugene. I'll try them out when they arrive to see if they are suitable. I'll keep ya'll posted.  ------------------------Bill

They look a lot like a kid's toy.....so they should be perfect......ly awful.  Just havin fun.
Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

That's funny, a lot of them look like kid's toys to me! I'm looking forward to trying to make "racers" out of them...... I always tell the guys at work; "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit"........... we'll see.  ---------------------Bill

My Jiada cars are in! Time for a little testing!!!  ------------------Bill

The more I mess with these Jiada cars the more I like them. They are not extremely fast, but fast enough. They handle a little on the loose side, but controllable. At this point in the testing I have broken one rear wheel, and burned up one of the capacitors. I'm in the process of stripping 4 of the bodies, which amounts to mostly removing the sticky glue residue from the cheap stickers! Not much in the way of actual paint that needs to be stripped off before the repaints take place. I plan to reinforce the wheels with Goop around the inside of the wheels and hubs (as I did for my Scalextric A1 GP car). My only area of concern other than the wheels is the guide flag setup. It seems pretty rinky-dink to me, although I haven't had one break during testing (so far). They do seem to be sensitive to adjustment. I may try replacing one with a guide flag from another manufacturer, or using a Slot.It guide for a wood routed track (since the cars maybe raced on Kimm's routed wood track). So that's where I'm at right now. I'll keep you all updated as things progress!  ---------------------Bill

Tested the Jiada F1 cars on a wood routed, non-magnetic  track (Bob's Checkered Flag 1/24 track). They actually worked better than I thougth they would. But, they're very slow on a big track like that. Tonight I'll try one out on a 1/32 routed track again with no magnetic traction. I still have some modifications I want to try out. I found the Scalextric guide flag fits perfectly, once you grind off the little stops on either side, of the front of the guide flag mount. With the Scalextric (blue) guide flag installed, the front tire diameters will need to be reduced to get the flag closer to the track. More to follow.......................   -------------------Bill