Topic: November in Tacoma anyone?

Alan Smith is hosting a 4 day slot fiesta centered on BRM, featuring sprint races of all their current offerings- Meganes, 917's, and Group C plus a 24 hour endurance race showcasing their new McLaren F1.  The full details are available HERE.

This is to be the first big competition event for opening the new Scaleracing Center.  This is a large and hospitable facility promoting our addiction known as slot cars.  Details for the new shop are in THIS THREAD, including some pictures further down later pages.  I have run on one of the tracks already and can tell you it's technical enough to be challenging and fast enough to be entertaining.

I am attending the entirety of the weekend and would strongly encourage anyone else interested to make time.  I am hoping to gather enough people from Oregon to have our own team but will work with the organizers to ensure all interested parties land on a team.  If you're interested, let me know and we'll figure it out.  It should be an excellent few days of slot car racing!

Schedule overview:

Thursday
10.00 - 16.00: 24H teams present will receive their Race Car and spares.  Track open for 24H practice
16.30 - 18.30: Megane IROC
19.00 - 21.00: 24H practice, cars back to impound
21.30 - 23.30: BRM 917 race

Friday
10.00 - 14.00: 24 Hours practice. 24 Hour cars back to impound
15.00 - 17.00: BRM Group C race
18.30 - 20.30: 24H practice

Saturday - Sunday:
10.00 -  10.00 24 Hours of Tacoma

Interested?  Drop me a line.

Chris

Re: November in Tacoma anyone?

So far, it's Monte, Bill, Stan, and me.  Goose is interested but I haven't gotten a commitment from him yet.  Anyone else?

Chris

Those of us that made the trip had a great time.  We should consider enlarging the team for next year.

A special thanks to the team for giving it the good try.  Just wait until next year!

"Big Smooth"

It sounds like you all had a great time!!!  You guys represented Oregon well!!!!

More details and stories here:

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/porta … hp?t=83177

Chris