Re: NASTE for 2011

Here are the race dates for the NASTE 2011 racing season:

Point race no.1 - Oct. 16, 2010 - Hemi Heights, Jeff
                         Oct. 30 Halloween Race - non-points race - Hemi Heights, Jeff
                    2 - Nov. 20 - Penguin Point, Monte
                    3 - Dec. 11 - Marshall Field, Randy
                    4 - Jan. 15, 2011 - Hemi Heights, Jeff.
                    5 - Feb. 12 - Autumn Hills, Rico
                    6 - Mar. 19 - Jacqueline Park, Monte
                    7 - Apr. 16 - SlingShot -, Larry.
                    8 - May 14 - Autumn Hills, Rico.

All race dates are Saturdays.

For the 2011 racing season, a racer's best seven of the eight total races will count towards the point series championship (racer's will throw out one race).

These are the official tracks for the 2011 season (to date):
                                                                                     Penguin Point Raceway (1/32 routed wood) - Nov. 20, 2010
                                                                                     Jacqueline Park Speedway (1/32 SCX digital) - Mar. 19, 2011
                                                                                     Autumn Hills (1/32 Scalextric) - May 14, 2011
                                                                                     Hemi Heights Raceway Park (1/24 routed wood) - Oct.16, 2010 - Oct.30, 2010 - Jan. 15, 2011
                                                                                     Marshall Field Raceway (1/32 Scalextric) - Dec. 11, 2010
                                                                                     The SlingShot @ Boss Slot Raceway (1/32 & 1/24 routed wood) - April 16, 2011
                                                                                     RPT Raceway (1/32 Revell)

I'm ok with whatever we choose to run but it seems like personal cars would in some ways limit us in what races some of us could attend.  I think we need to be sure that we have a set of loaner cars ready at each venue for those that might not have the selected car on that night.  Otherwise I'm happy with IROC.  As far as individual cars, I know we could pretty well come up with an extra set of either SCX GT's or NASCAR's.  I'm sure enough of us already have those.  But then we have to deal with tech inspection at each race.  Probably no issue, just an extra time element to consider on race night.

"Big Smooth"

A couple questions have come up in regards to the 2011 NASTE race schedule. The RPT track is outside and the remaining race dates are Oct & Feb which are both on the colder side. How does everyone feel about adding one more race date to the schedule (possibly late May or early June)?

In addition, would anyone have any objections to scheduling the RPT race for a Wednesday evening instead of the usual Saturday?

----------------Bill

It was mentioned above a race on Oct. 16th.  If that is still on, I would love to come and meet you guys.

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

Yes, I think there will be.  Come on up, we'd love to meet you.

"Big Smooth"

YES, we will have a race on October 16th. At this point I do not have a track scheduled but I will have one scheduled soon. Looking forward to meeting you Mike!

So, who wants the October 16th race date?     ----------------Bill

Won't your track be ready by then?

"Big Smooth"

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.......I ain't bankin' on that one!!!!!!

RACE TODAY!!!!!

NASTE Vintage Modifieds, YES!!!

IROC with Radioshack power and airplane tires............let the carnage begin!!!!!!    -----------------------Bill

SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

I like your carnage reciepe for  carnage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   what time do the games begin?

"Due to economic cutbacks,the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"

For you Bryan around 10:00PM, for the rest of us racing starts at 6:00.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

See you at 10.........HA HA HA HA

"Due to economic cutbacks,the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"

WHAT????!!!!!!!!!!!!!........................................I thought you were banned this year??????? 

P.S. I'll have the trophy plate with me. Can you bring the trophy so everyone can get a look at it? It's been awhile since anyone has seen it because it's always at your house!!!! LOL   ----------------------Bill

I will load it up and bring it with me...you can stop by and view it any time you want Bill.....................................;)

Will you have it in your front window with your Christmas lights this year? I think that would be WAY cool!!!!....................maybe a SPOT light on it????

That is an excellent idea!   instead of our tree in the front window I will wrap lights around it.  You are the man!! as you know we usually get about 800 plus cars coming through to see our lights..great exposure and maybe we could pick up a few new members? big_smile

OH DUDE................I am liking that A LOT!!!

Think Diane will let me spell out NASTE in Christmas lights on our roof, like maybe 10 foot high??????...............................................no......................me neither.............................

-----------------------Bill

Hi Bill,
It was very cool to see you out racing at Randy's the other nite, I've missed racing with you for too long!!!
Also I was wondering if any date has been set for a NASTE race at RPT?? I thought the last race was going to be held here or that another date was going to be added.
I'm just trying to plan ahead and have it all ready --- the track is one thing but you guys eat alot of food, the last  BBQ hit my wallet good - lol.
Anyway thanks & lmk,
Jack

Hey Jack,

It was great to be out racing at Randy's. I really like the class and the new layout.

Yes, I am still planning on the last race at your track. Last we talked you were thinking of a Wednesday evening race, and from what I gathered from everyone that should be fine. If you'd like to give me a date now that is fine, or if you'd rather wait that is fine also. We have plenty of time.    ------------------Bill

Bill,
Well why don't you let me know what month were talking about and I'll check my end for a date.
Also on another front, I have a couple of built models I want to convert to slot cars. So the inerds need to removed and I'd like to do some fender flares on them. I was hoping you might have some time to help me get -R-done!
What do you say?
Thanks again,
Jack

Jack,
The schedule currently lists the 8th race at Rico's on May 14th as the last race. So anytime after that race would be fine (i.e. last week of May or early June). Pick a day/date and let me know. I will edit the schedule to show your race as the 9th and final race of the season.

Removing inerdes and flaring fenders.............the call of the DREMEL, sounds like my kinda work!!!! I'll make time!!!!

-------------Bill  P.S. Will you need to borrow a paint booth??? My Grandaughter has an EZ Bake Oven we can use!!!  (Sorry, I couldn't help myself!!!!)

Easy-bake...  harsh.

"Big Smooth"

Hey Smooth,  don't forget he's speaking from experience 

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

OK boys lets let sleeping,,,, Uh melted car bodies lay.

I still think "the paint booth"/"Clean room dryer" is a workable idea, but lack of experience resulted in disastrous execution.

However, I learn some real good from an old fashioned FUBAR.

So I'm planning on a bigger cooler and filtered forced air venting --oooooooh,,,aaaaaaaaaah.

Bill,
I think you were suggesting a Wed time for a race nite, I'd like to request Tues if I could?
My days off are Tues/Wed & having the next day to sleep in a bit would be killer.

Also what's best / easiest way do some spot removal of tampos & decals etc. off a body, while still leaving some decals and the paint finish??

Or can you decal over those markings?

Thanks again,
Jack

Jack,

We can make a Tuesday work. Give me a date and I'll get it on the calendar.

I'm not sure what would work for spot removal of tampos and still leave decals and paint. All that type of work I've done is just to completely strip a car.

Maybe if you just heat it up a tad.....................................sorry buddy, I just can't seem to let it go!!!!

-------------------------Bill