Topic: Coming soon to the Point

It's time for a change!

Starting in June the new season should start up at Marshall Field and we'll be using the same Fly Classics that we are currently running at the Pen.  Rico says the hand-out urethane tires seem to work well so we can use those or different sets but the bottom line is that once we start running the cars there, we'll switch to something else here.

That something else will be:

The Italian Stallion Shoot-out

This will be a class for cars from either Slot.It, NSR or Racer.  Motors will be limited to 22K and lower motors and must be from either Slot.It or NSR since Racer doesn't actually make their own.

We can either run two classes - open and closed cars, only allow some of just lump them all together.

Here's some possible motor selections:

Slot.It Orange end bell (21.5K)
Slot.It Teal end bell (19.5K)
Slot.It Boxer/2 (21.5K)
Slot.It Flat 6 (20.5K)
Slot.It Flat 6R (22K)

NSR Shark (21K)
NSR King (21K)
NSR King Evo2 (21K)

Racing will be non-mag with little or no weight added.

Cars will be stock except for the following:

* Racer cars will be synonymous with Slot.It since they are basically Slot.It cars with expensive and highly detailed bodies.

GUIDE FLAG
Any Slot.It or NSR guide allowed.

TIRES and WHEELS
Any non-silicon tire.  Wheels must be STOCK!  Inserts may be removed.  Zero-grip fronts allowed.

DRIVETRAIN
Any motor from the above list is allowed.  Any pod is allowed but the chassis may not be modified to fit.  For example, a Slot.It chassis can not be modified to fit an NSR pod.  Any motor configuration is allowed (inline, sidewinder, angle-winder).  Gears are open - use what works.

SUSPENSION
Both Slot.It and NSR make a variety of suspension components.  They can be used but not mixed.  Slot.It can not use NSR and vice-versa.

"Big Smooth"

Re: Coming soon to the Point

Hey Smooth, Other than the modification of the chassis to fit other manufacturer's motor pods, why no mixing of manufacturers parts i.e. gears? For example; as I read the rules I can use a Shark motor in my Slot.it car, so does that mean I have to switch the pinion to a Slot.it pinion? And what about TSRF gear sets?

Help me Oh Smooth One!!!!  -------------Bill

The real issue would be that the Slot.It and NSR gears aren't exactly interchangeable since the pod spacing is different.  I've not tried the TSRF gears but would give it consideration.  They are after all just gears.  Anybody got 'em?

As I say I'd be more concerned about someone getting parts to fit only to find out they don't fit.

"Big Smooth"

I don't see why the gears would not be interchangable bwetween brands as long as the configuration is the same.  You wouldn't want to mix anglewinder gears with sidewinder or inlines, but sidewinder to sidewinder or inline to inline should be ok.  I think the gear set in AJ's Fly Ferrari are TSRF and they work excellent.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Apples and oranges.  The gears in my NSR angle winders are not anywhere near the same as the ones in my Slot.It angle winders.

"Big Smooth"

..........I like apples,.......... and oranges!!!!

How about we just use whatever works for us???? Like you said "they are all just gears" !

---------------Bill

I can live with that.

"Big Smooth"

Are Slot.it HRS Chassis allowed?

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

reek455 wrote:

Are Slot.it HRS Chassis allowed?

No.  They don't qualify as a stock ready-to-run car.  The basis of the car must be a stock chassis and body.

"Big Smooth"

I think this is the class we will be moving to starting in September.  Any complaints or concerns?

"Big Smooth"