Re: 3DP Predator Le Mans Proxy Drivers Needed

Lately?  No.

Ever?  Absolutely.

I bought it in Burbank and drove it home. And it's been driven to rallies, ran the event, and then drove home.  More than once.

I'm gonna bring it to your driveway so you can enjoy the sounds of the fabulous Busso six-cylinder engine.

Then we'll go for a little ride and you can enjoy the amazing handling due to the 50/50 front/rear weight distribution. The edge of death is never far away!  Why you can even monitor the light that is labeled CLIFF ALARM.  But don't be alarmed - there's a rally man at the wheel.

Beware.  Be very ware...

"Big Smooth"

wb0s wrote:

I don't know....has the Alfa actually ever gone that far?

Only if there a case of oil and bag of tools in the trunk

The secondnidator

....Coming to my driveway soon!

Looking forward to it Smooth!

Doc, the engine has about 200 miles on a rebuild.  We should be good.

"Big Smooth"

stumbley wrote:

You're absolutely right. I'm thinking about 3/30. Anybody available then?

I will have to let you know after I check with the Mrs.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

kidvolt wrote:

Doc, the engine has about 200 miles on a rebuild.  We should be good.

It not even broken  in yet...worst thing to do is let a motor sit seals dry out ect. Drive it like you stole it at least once a month..

The secondnidator

I should be able to make it. What time are you thinking?

I'm thinking if we start at noon, we can be done by 4 pm. That gives me time to prepare for my play at 6:30. Does that time work for you? (And others?)

I can make that work

Great! Anybody else?

The Alfa is up and running, we can make it.

Four hours...  how many proxy cars?

"Big Smooth"

I think there are 9 total. (I haven't unboxed them all, but there shouldn't be more than 9, possibly less.) 3 minute heats, 9 cars, 4 lanes, should be a total of 27*4 or 108 minutes of actual racing. I figure 4 hours should cover it.

Your math is skewed...

9 cars and 4 lanes makes 9 heats with rotation.

Three minute heats with a minute or two in between makes about an hour.

"Big Smooth"

I'll be out on family business on Saturday.

Never claimed to be a mathematician. We should be able to be done sooner then. We'll miss you, Mitch! I don't want to wait too much longer, as I've already had the cars for about 3 weeks, and I hate to make proxy owners wait for results.

41 (edited by reek455 March 28, 2024 9:13 am)

Are we going straight to racing or are you going to qualify them prior to Saturday?

I plan on qualifying prior to Saturday, but might not actually have time. If so, we can qualify on Saturday, as there should be time enough to do so.

I'm going to need help with address and directions. You can PM or email me if you don't want to put it on here publicly.

stumbley wrote:

I'm thinking if we start at noon, we can be done by 4 pm. That gives me time to prepare for my play at 6:30. Does that time work for you? (And others?)

no go 4 me working hours 7 till 3ish have fun all

The secondnidator

For those who need it:

Our address is 19560 NE Herring Lane, Newberg, OR 97132

Coming from Portland, take I-5 South until Exit 294 toward Tigard/Newberg. Take the exit and merge onto Oregon 99W South. In 16.5 miles, turn right onto N Main Street in Newberg (Oregon 240). Go 3 tenths of a mile on Main Street, then bear left onto W Illinois Street (Oregon 240). Stay on Oregon 240 for another 2.03 miles until you see a blue sign with four nearby wineries (i.e. Roco, Four Graces); this will indicate the turnoff for Red Hills Road. Turn left onto Red Hills Road (watch for traffic from the left; it's kind of a blind corner). Go about a half mile on Red Hills Road, then turn right onto Herring Lane.

Herring Lane is a typical country road - completely paved but narrow.  There are numerous places to pull over to allow others to pass (driveways and flat carve-outs along the road).  Please be cautious approaching the vineyard on the left where there is a small drainage ditch (about 2 feet deep) following the roadside (It's marked by reflectors for visibility at night).

On Herring Lane, there are three speed bumps and only the first two are marked (the third is at the crest of the 2nd hill).  If traveling by GPS, it may be incorrect and will claim you've arrived about 1/4 mile before you truly have.  We are located almost at the end of the lane on the left-hand side (white picket fence/gated entrance with grape motif). 

The gate code is 1956# and be careful as the electronic gate opens out toward you.

You have about 45 seconds to drive through the front gate before it automatically closes.  Once through the gate, drive to the top of the driveway and take a right at the first opportunity, which leads down our second driveway toward the Cottage.  Park your vehicle on the gravel to the right (north) of the Cottage.

46 (edited by stumbley March 29, 2024 2:09 pm)

Okay, I've tried all 11 cars out on the track. (There are actually 11 cars, and 9 boxes). There are two or three that have guide issues, either too deep for my track or too wide, as they get stuck in a couple of areas. I might have to defer to another track. Anybody interested? (Mitch, Al)?

We can do this another day (on another track), or we can see if there are ways to deal with the guide issues.

Let us know what you decide.

However, I'm sure Mitch or Al would be amenable to hosting.

"Big Smooth"

So, is this postponed for now?

I think it's best if we postpone. There are too many cars that have issues with whatever is going on with their guides. Others are perfectly happy, and some of these are very nice runners, so they should be fun drives. If Mitch or Al wants to host, that would be fine!

We wait to hear more.

"Big Smooth"