Topic: Womp Class Rules Revisited

As indicated by recent discussions it appears to be time to revisit the PASER Womp Class rules and make some changes. Here are the rules we are currently racing under:

Stock Womp Class:

Class Goal: Keep this a budget class, limiting it to primarily STOCK 1/32 Parma Womp chassis, keeping the cars as close to OEM components as practical. Final motor spec will be determined with the goal of keeping the cars quick, with low cost motors.   Some speed may be sacrificed to gain better handling and closer competition.

Must use a STOCK 1/32 Parma Womp STEEL chassis. - NO modifications. That means NO bracing, NO bending, NO added weight,  etc.

Must use the stock 1/8" front axle, stock front wheels, and stock front "O" ring tires. Front wheels may be set up to rotate individually.

Minimum ground clearance of .055" at lowest point.

A final motor spec has not yet been determined. We are currently considering the Piranha 21.5K FC-130 S-Can (available through Professor Motor $7.99), and the Predator FC-130 25K S-Can (available through Slot Car Corner $7.99). I would personally rather use FK type motors, so I will check to see what is available at a low cost. It appears the Professor Motor FK 25K motor is no longer available. Until a final decision is made on a spec motor, we will allow any motor rated at 25K or less. This will also give us an opportunity to evaluate other motors. Please use motors that are READILY available to everyone!

Re: Womp Class Rules Revisited

Mine runs very well with the Revoslot 21K FK style motor. Though it is rated at only 21K it has lots of torque making it quick comimg out of the corners.

Re: Womp Class Rules Revisited

Since I received very little feedback regarding the Womp Class rules, I assume there are few concerns. I have updated the Womp Rules according to how we currently race them.......more or less.......maybe a little clarification.....

Read them here: http://naste.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1084