1 (edited by ckouba August 11, 2019 7:02 pm)

Topic: 2019 Tacoma 24

As started to be discussed on the Odd Thurs thread, who's in?

Dates are 11/8-11/10, support races on Th/Fr, main event overnight Sat/Sun. 

So far:
Me
Stan
Zack
1/2 Monte

Re: 2019 Tacoma 24

I can offer to do some daytime hours but hours beyond 10:00 pm are probably out.

"Big Smooth"

I am in, sounds like a challenge!

Zack

Both days Monte?

Yes.

"Big Smooth"

Three of the Tacoma hotshots will team up with us.

Tony, Ray, and Dan.

This should give us good coverage.  Also probably gives us three mad dogs: Chris, Zack and Ray.

"Big Smooth"

Excellent!  Just saw that the entry link was posted as well.

Getting excited for this one!

Zack

Six people on the team makes it much easier...not so long standing up!

I may come up to watch for a bit, but I don't have the stamina to race like that. There are too many other pretty cars to look at.

Update for the Oregon Donor's team: we are now officially entered for the event.

Currently we have Tony, Ray, Dan, Zack, Stan, me, and the half-Monte.  Sounds like Mitch is a definite maybe as well.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to chime in here- or even just show up at the event.  Looking forward to seeing what the cars will be this year.  I am super-bummed to have missed the actual Gp C edition.

CK

Just an update from me. I have my schedule for this week with SEMA going on. I will be flying back in Friday night.

I will be at the track, ready to burn some laps SAT morning at 830-9am. Looks like the race is scheduled to start at 10am.

I will be soldering some 4mm banana plugs on the alligator clips of my Difalco controller, it was apparent at the team race this year that the alligator clip connection is pretty unreliable with his style of hookups. I can bring more plugs and soldering equipment if needed.

Zack

I talked with Stan yesterday and he won;t be making the event this year, he's had some issue arise that will keep him at home.

See ya'll Saturday morning if not before.

Zack, plugs sound like a good idea, I'm interested.

"Big Smooth"

kidvolt wrote:

I talked with Stan yesterday and he won;t be making the event this year, he's had some issue arise that will keep him at home.

See ya'll Saturday morning if not before.

Zack, plugs sound like a good idea, I'm interested.

I ordered a pack of them off of Amazon this morning. So I should be able to do 2 or three controllers no problem. We can easily remove them after the race.

Zack

Yup, sounds good, thanks.  I may have plugs as well, I'll check.

"Big Smooth"

Also, if anyone else is interested in participating, any and all are welcome.  Please come on up.

I might not make it to Tacoma until late Thurs afternoon or early evening, but there is plenty of racing to be had and we'd be stoked to have more people along.

Chris

I'm really bummed that I can't make it this year, but we just have too much going on at home. Lots of construction stuff on our Airbnb/Game Room project...but it will be spectacular in the spring! Can't wait to have folks over for the all-new venue for Autodromo Rossa Colline (Red Hills Raceway).

We'll miss you there as well Stan but I understand the priorities.  Look forward to getting over to check out your track.

Chris

I will be interested to see today what car has been chosen for this race!

I have every faith Chris and the guys are going to have a rocket of a car tuned up by the time I get there SAT morning!

Zack

20 (edited by docdoom November 8, 2019 6:21 pm)

give them hell  boys, bring home the top prize and show them what naste is really all about..

The secondnidator

I echo what Doc says...give 'em hell!

Cars are prepped and seem to run well. To make Monte's day, they are yellow in livery, so he's excited!

Should be a fun run, need to manage ourselves to run consistently but I think we have potential to finish top half of the field.

Check out Zack's Facebook account for pics.

Chris

Mmm maybe a link

The secondnidator

docdoom wrote:

Mmm maybe a link

Look up Zack on FB.

Or, try mine here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AgPbfDqcxHvdD8qdA

More uploads eventually.

After 3+ hrs, we're in 3rd, 10 laps out of 2nd with 1500 total laps booked so far.