Topic: BRM Race - LOCAL

Howie has given the OK to schedule a BRM race on his track.  So, what should we do?  There are some possibilities beyond the Porsches.  Would we allow multiple classes so more can play?

Let's talk about it.  With a little advance notice we should be able to get a few of the Tacoman's down as well.

"Big Smooth"

Re: BRM Race - LOCAL

If we have the track for the day/evening and people may be coming from afar, let's run them all!

What about track prep, should we clean the surface off completely?

What car set up specs? Weight kit?

Tacos for every man? Was that Tacomans or Taco man's and who is taco man?

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

1st thing get a big sign and post it on the street if we have guys coming that have not been there or like me that have tryed and had no luck finding his place...

The secondnidator

Guide Dogs for the Blind.

"Big Smooth"

Doc, I think Howie's neighborhood association is watching you as a potential prowler because you keep cruising the neighborhood and never stopping.

The was a chain...  Taco Man.  We always referred to is as the Tacoman.  (That's Ta-Ko-mun for my phonetically challenged friends)

"Big Smooth"

kidvolt wrote:

The was a chain...  Taco Man.  We always referred to is as the Tacoman.  (That's Ta-Ko-mun for my phonetically challenged friends)

Oh, I am fully aware what you were implying I was merely poking fun at your improper use of the apostrophe :-)

I flunked english........twice!

Be sure to include Howie in the discussions!

Over 50 might be fun on that track, after all that's what they were built for.

The "Over 50's" would be fun on Howie's track but their short comings would definitely show up there! The only other downside would be the resulting damage. With that said Larry Cockerham came up with a simple modification that improved the handling of the "classic" style stamped drop arm type chassis dramatically!

When I had the body from Brutus on it's original Champion chassis it would wheelie down the whole straight at Howie's with out the Cockerham modification.  Modification added, it only wheelied slightly sometimes.

I think we should stick with a single brand to allow those from out of town to more easily match up.

"Big Smooth"

kidvolt wrote:

I think we should stick with a single brand to allow those from out of town to more easily match up.

I would have to say that I agree.  KISS method is usually a good way to go.

We need a date to really get things rolling.

How about Saturday, June 24th?

"Big Smooth"

Day or evening race. I can do a race after 4.anything before that I'm out. Have work.

The secondnidator

A long way out but looks good for me at this point anyway.

19 (edited by ckouba February 2, 2017 11:10 pm)

I'm in for that date.  Sounds fun!

Howie has ok'd the date so the 24th of June it is.

I rate these as the most likely classes we could run, I have cars for all three.  What about the rest of us?  Anything other than Porsche's?

First Set:
Porsche 962
Toyota  88C
Sauber C9

Second Set:
Porsche 917
Ferrari 512S

Third Set:
McLaren F1 GTR
Porsche 911 GT1

"Big Smooth"

I'm in for the first two sets. No ride for that third set....

I have Porsche's for the first set. I do have a Ferrari but not sure I'm willing to risk damaging it by racing, especially with the higher speeds at Howie's.  No car for 3rd set.

Only have the 962.still waiting on a winning lottery ticket to buy the other two plus the TA car when it comes out.

The secondnidator

It's looking like we have an adequate field for the First Set.  Porsches, mostly...

How about we start with a team race using the cars from the second Set (917/512)?  I bet we can find 4 cars.  Perhaps we just need a suitable IROC set.  We can run a two-hour mini-enduro and folks can just arrive as they can. 

Afterwards we'll run the First Set cars head to head, mano-a-mano, etcetera.

"Big Smooth"

I'll have to think about my Porsche 917 in the "ROC "(Regreting to Offer Car) part............