Topic: 1 to 1 NASCAR racing at Phoenix International Raceway.

Fellow racers and race enthusiasts: My wife and I hooked up our trailer and headed for Phoenix. We had tickets about 20yrds. north of the start/ finish line up in the stands.
We paid for a 3 day spot in the field outside of the track with a thousand other rigs ranging from huge motor homes to people with just tarps.
Great weather until the night before the race, it rained hard, blew hard, nasty (no pun intended) I figured if this was Portland, the race would be cancelled 'till Aug. But got up raceday morning and the sun was shining at 80 degs.
We were in  for a real culture shock as this was our first major NASCAR event. I'm talking about the fans...... WOW.
I'll give you an example and then quit rattling on.
Got up race day morning to a beautiful day. Standing outside looking forward to a great day of racing. Camped behind us in tents and tarps was about 15 people of all ages. They partied for 3 days solid. I'm fine with that as I have been there. But here comes one of the older ones and told me he had to apologize to me. This guy had the cowboy hat, vest, jeans, boots and believe it or not  spurs on each boot, couldn't tell if he had his six shooters with him or not, I was sort of looking over his shoulder for his horse but to no avail. Any way he told me he had been so drunk the night before that he couldn't remember a thing. His son who was in his thirties or so told him to come and apologize to me. He said, and I quote ( my wife and sister in law are standing near ) " well I guess I whipped out my pecker and relieved myself on your trailer".......... Now what am I supposed to do with that? So I said " well it rained last night and the damage is probably washed away". Then he sort of went on and still talking about the incident when his son came over and told him he was opologizing to the wrong guy, he needed to go to the next trailer and make his peace to the owner and on he went.
Now I see why NASCAR fans like to sit and watch shiny things go 'round and 'round and 'round and.................

Re: 1 to 1 NASCAR racing at Phoenix International Raceway.

Howie, that's hysterical.  That's like the second recent incident.  Don't forget, things happen in threes.

"Big Smooth"

Don't tell me Howie, let me guess...........he was one of the guys with a tarp???.............     -----------------Bill

GREAT story, thanks!!!!

Geez Howie,

Just like home......

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.