Re: New Track Under Construction at TooBad Motorplex in Fairview

Yeah, yeah, yeah.............................Right now I'm in Maui MODE !!!!!...........................7 more days!!!!

152 (edited by reek455 January 27, 2012 10:51 pm)

How could you get fully relaxed in Maui with a unfinished track?  Get your work/track done then go relax.....in Paradise without us.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

How could you get fully relaxed in Maui with a unfinished track?   

A few Mai-Thais help!!!!

I don't think you could drink enough to assuage the guilt you must be feeling from not having your track finished! ;>} 

J/K Have a great trip Bill and remember, you did say you would try to bring back some warm sunshine.

In both cases, I'll do my best !!!!..................

Got some work in on the track this weekend. The center lane is up and running. Still have quite a bit to do, wiring for two more lanes, relays for the indicator lights when a circuit breaker is tripped, reverse direction switches for the lanes and lap counting, and additional power taps.    ---------------------Bill

At least you're going all out,  getting anxious to give it a try.

Bryan stopped by last night and was the first "independent" racer to turn a wheel on the track. He ran a Scalextric Porsche in non-magnetic configuaration with stock rubber tires. Even with no "pad" built up on the track surface the car performed very well. I am VERY happy with the track's racing surface! Everything I have tried has hooked up well!!   --------------------------Bill

Give us a try.  We're bound to have something that won't.  ;-)

"Big Smooth"

No doubt!!!!

Great Bill! I'm sure to have something not work right on your track once I race on it. ;>}

Missed you yesterday! Hope to see you on Saturday!

YES, I will be there on Saturday!!!!

He has to be there for the coronation :-)

CORONAs, .............you got CORONAs?????

Maybe......

I put in a good 8 hours on the track Tuesday (ok maybe there was a little playin' that took place).

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_1857.jpg

Mostly what I saw during that period was from this perspective:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_1861.jpg

But the good news is all 3 lanes are functional. Today I will try to finish up the jumper wiring, and the lap counter wiring.

---------------------Bill

I am happy to announce that as of today TooBad Motorplex is up and running again! I've spent the last three days completing the wiring and hooking up the Trackmate computer system. It has taken me two years to get this project to this point. I am pleased with how it operates. I tested all three lanes today, running a Scalextric non-mag Porsche at 11.0 volts. The best laps I turned were in the 11.4 second range. I haven't tried 1/24 cars on it yet. I think it is going to be too tight for most 1/24 cars, however I should be able to test my 1/24 cars in the center lane ok. Look for an open house day to rubber this baby up soon!   -----------------------Bill

Most excellent news, I can't wait to give it a run. I looks really nice Bill, great job.

Rico

Thanks Rico, it sure has been a lot of time and work!.....................................I am sore and stiff from working underneath that thing for 3 days!!!!

170 (edited by Dorothy the Hammer May 27, 2012 5:32 pm)

Thanks for the invite to your home last night Bill. You and Diane were terrific hosts! I'm still full from all that delicious food!

The track looked great and I was sure looking forward to doing some racing on it last night! Sure wish I could have, but apparently it wasn't meant to be this time. It was great getting to chat with you and Diane too, but still wasn't very enjoyable watching those two track hogs have all the fun of racing the cars though! ;>}

Wasn't as enthusiastic about taking pictures like for the NASTE races, but I did get a few. Also one video so you can see your track in action!

Proxy Race 5/27/12
http://s737.photobucket.com/albums/xx14 … ?start=all

http://youtu.be/ETAhwR9-jSg

Thanks Dorothy, sorry about the lack of track time. Diane and I were talking today and I think I'll do another open house soon!

And HEY, your treats were most excellent and greatly enjoyed again!!!! (I think I'm startin' to like the Kahlua better than the chocolate!).

Stayed turned for another open house!!!!    ---------------------Bill

Sorry to disapoint you Dorothy about the lack of trigger time, but persons in charge of the proxy have requested a host crews best drivers run the cars to keep the multitudes satisfied.  There have been a few complaints in the past about some hosts saving the best drivers for the hometown cars and last night was in deference to that request.  I would think there has to be a happy middle ground somewhere.  Thanks to Bill and Diane for hosting and feeding us, it was a spectacular evening and as always you were excellent hosts.  I love the track and look forward to more races on it in the future.

Rico

Dorothy,  thanks for the pictures and video, proof that I finally got the track up and running!    -------------------Bill

Thanks again Bill! Glad you enjoy the treats and I can't blame you for liking the Kaluha better than the chocolates. I think I do too! Would be great to get another chance to drive cars around your track too before the new season starts. smile

Thanks Rico and I guess I understand about wanting certain drivers for a proxy race, but I didn't realize until we got there that it was a Proxy race. I didn't get an email (not on a list I guess), but Terry showed me the one he got from Bill and it said to come and enjoy food and bring your cars for racing on the new track. It didn't say anything about a proxy race being held at his track. lol I just wrongly assumed we'd be playing at racing our cars around for the night and getting worse with each drink we had since I was bringing Kaluha again! ;>}

Anyway, it was great company, delicious food and a beautiful sky show so thanks again Bill and Diane! Maybe you could order up a bit more sunshine next time though Bill! ;-)

YW Bill! You posted while I was typing! ;>} Yes, you did a terrific job on your track and it runs great!