Topic: 2023 24 Hours of Tacoma

There will be an Oregon team.  Who will be on it?  I will cover entry cost.

The current details from Alan:

24 Hours of Tacoma and BRM & RevoSlot International Sprint Finals Nov 9th - 12th .

I should finally have the Poster done so we can start getting entries.

We already have Teams confirmed from Italy, no not BRM another Team to hold up the Italian honor at Slot Car Racing. Plus many just waiting for me to finally confirm the dates and entry fee.

Entry includes 6 drivers into the Sprints from each Team also.

The Schedule will be announced soon but Thursday Nov 9th @ 10.00am the Teams will get their cars and spares handed to them to start building. As usual only the spares we supply can be used.

I can not confirm the car yet but it will be a final prototype of a very successful  Le Mans car from the 60's.

Also on the Thursday there will be 2 International Sprint Finals First for BRM GT 90's car with the new chassis. STOCK as supplied by BRM/Scaleracing except lowered fronts and Sponge rear tires are allowed.
The second Sprint will be RevoSlot GT1 again STOCK except for RevoSlot Sponge rear tires.
Also RevoSlot GT2 cars running STOCK with hand out rear tires. Subject to how many entries these will either run as solo races or run together and scored separately
On Friday at 10.00am thew 24 Hour cars will be back on track till 2.00 pm then the third International Sprint Final for BRM Group 2 and Mini Cars STOCK with hand out tires.

Later that afternoon/evening final testing for the 24 Hours of Tacoma Cars and Tech, then Qualifying.

Saturday morning will open at 9.30am. Pre grid at 9.45 and the 8th Annual 24 Hours of Tacoma will start at 10.00am.

Tell your friends, come be part of a 14 lane 24 Hour Test on Man and Machine, and of course Women, as they have won the 24 hours before. Come one, come all, come have fun.

Meet the people behind BRM and a huge group of fun racers.

More info soon.

Cheers

Alan

www.scaleracing.com
www.132slotcar.us
www.slotcarillustrated.com

Re: 2023 24 Hours of Tacoma

I will be there!

Let's get some of our other hot hands up in Tacoma to show those bums who's best!

Excellent!  I knew I could count on you, Stan.

Anyone else interested?  I've heard the cars this will be excellent!

One possible glitch...I have auditioned for the Gallery Theater production of "Anne of Green Gables" (the part of Matthew Cuthbert) which starts on November 24. If chosen for the part, rehearsals may conflict with the 24 hour race. Sometimes, directors will re-arrange things to accommodate this kind of issue, (and I am not assured of a part) so I'm still in the running to go. I will know by Wednesday how things may go.

Good luck, sir.  Either way will be a good time for you!

For all you Can Am fans, here's your chance to truly dive right in and be part of an actual Can Am team!

The BC gang (Darren, Alwyn, etc...) emailed about joining forces to put together a multi-cultural entry.  If you've always been a Can Am fan, here's your chance to actually participate!  It'd be super fun, eh?

Come on up and be part of the legend.  If it's too long of a heat, we could definitely use marshals and or pit crew or grid girls.  Come join the party!

That's very good news, Chris! Some of the best drivers around, and good company as well. I have been called back for the part in the play, but I'll see about dispensation from rehearsals from the director if I'm truly chosen.

Got the part, and checked with the director...no problem attending the 24 hour race, so I'll be there!

Let's get some more Oregonians in the mix!

stumbley wrote:

Got the part, and checked with the director...no problem attending the 24 hour race, so I'll be there!

Ok well I quess I'm out then. Not that I have the time. But really feel  left out being from the Evergreen  state  ..... all well go huskies  only good duck is one the barbq  spit....

The secondnidator

Doc, you're an honorary Oregonian. We need your slot expertise!

docdoom wrote:

Ok well I quess I'm out then. Not that I have the time. But really feel  left out being from the Evergreen  state  ..... all well go huskies  only good duck is one the barbq  spit....

https://i.postimg.cc/3RNbFcPG/emjufnt5e2wz.webp

https://i.postimg.cc/bJ5VCRhB/images.png

And I won't even watch college sports anymore with the new conference switches

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Any team that can or will beat USC is okay in my book...

stumbley wrote:

Fantastic on both fronts, Stan.  Congrats on the role and excellent that you can still join us.

Doc- You're in if you want to be!  Come up for the full time or just for the 24.  We'd be happy to have you for whatever time you can spare.

14 (edited by ckouba October 1, 2023 2:52 am)

Now confirmed what the cars will be...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ADCreHcSsrtGmS45zFs8QR1lF1yiUTLvFPZZCzmilXNUvDaIZBxkm4AtvYKnn34fMfiVmZSVfsB9299vqKaXxh-3XnODRVjlVWLNa_dmjALmFrs6OtSUQTTiwoEOaP03Am9Kn53q7Ci0Oin91wsduWC_M-H3zw=w658-h931-s-no?authuser=0

Anyone else want to join Stan and me, along with Darren and our other Canadian brothers, to take on the regulars and the internationals?

CK

These BRM cars are nice looking and quite sturdy.  It's a great chance to go try something new.  I'll be adding to my BRM post soon.

And... racing is racing, slot cars are slot cars. 

It's a shame some of these 124 guys won't come give this a try.  Is anyone talking this up at the races, I know some of those guys aren't regular forum users so they might not even know about it.

Wish I could be there. 

Go fast and take chances!

And Doc from across the river, how 'bout dem Orioles! Ain't the beer cold!

"Big Smooth"

One of the issues with attending this event is race scheduling. We are lucky and unlucky in the amount of racing available in our area! Pretty much every weekend is scheduled with races locally! The weekend of November 11th is scheduled for the first race in the Northwest True Scale Porsche 962 Championship series. This is a big race for us here. Many local racers have cars for this event so turn out will be very good! I would love to be able to attend more races, but there is only so much time to dedicate!

As far as 1/24 slot car racing, we are spoiled in our area. We have what I believe to be the best 1/24 hardbody slot car racing in the nation, at a minimum. We have 1/24 hardbody cars that are very close to Flexi type cars in performance! The difference between the cars raced here locally and the 1/24 BRM cars is similar to the difference between 1/32 RTR cars and HO cars. The cars are not comparable in performance at all. So it boils down to what the racers enjoy the most and fast, good handling cars are addictive. Personally I like ALL slot cars regardless of scale or style, but as I get older I like racing our local 1/24 class cars the best. They are easier for me to work on, and I like the way they can be pushed hard and fast through the corners.

To be clear.... not trying to goad anyone into attending, just pushing the publicity.  Entry is covered.  Come and play if you're interested.  Don't let entry cost deter you.

Also, I have no commercial stake in the new car but it's been a painful gestation period as Alan was consulting chatting with me regarding the GT40 and wanted to get it right (but still called me??).  I actually contributed to the modeling and details on the car, so I am very excited to see how they came out.  It's been years in the making.

He asked me not to say anything about the project and I didn't, so I am very glad the cat's out the bag now!

It's always fun, and if we are really racing with Darren and others of his caliber, we will have a VERY competitive team (besides me). We could use some extra trigger fingers; you wouldn't regret it!