Topic: New to the Sport

I'm currently building a Ninco 1/32 track in Oakridge Oregon.  Hoping to start a club up here. 

Would like to get affiliated with NASTE and other clubs.

Any direction someone could give me would be most appreciatted!

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

Re: New to the Sport

Hey you bet, anything we can help with, just ask away.  And welcome!  Are you building a permanent track or one you plan to take up and down?

"Big Smooth"

Building a permanent track, but portable.  It's only two lanes, for now.  Hopefully get some involvement up here and maybe convert it to 4 some day.

Sure I will have lots of questions!

Thanks!

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

Hello CascadeMike, Like Monte said, WELCOME!

Oakridge, is that just east of Eugene/Springfield? If so, you have racers in your area!

---------------Bill

Thanks Bill. 

Oakridge is about 35 miles southeast of Eugene/Springfield.  Hopefully pull some racers from there, but hoping too find some locals for evening races. 

Does NASTE have memberships? 

Also, are there any clubs close to the Eug/Spfld that I could visit on a race night, just to witness how the club and races operate?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike, NASTE is an informal group. We don't really have memberships. Our numbers vary from race to race.

There is one club with a track in the Springfield area, Pelican Park. They have been oranized and racing steadily since the 80's. There is a link to their website on our "links" page under "Northwest Clubs, Tracks".

Another in your area are the tracks owned by Kimm Marshal in Eugene. You can get more info regarding his tracks on the OSCAR website which is also listed in our links.

----------------------Bill

Mike, we are racing this Saturday so if you'd like to travel up to Portland and give it a try, let us know and we'll get you the info.  The format is 1/24 IROC with both cars and controllers supplied.  Should be a good time.

"Big Smooth"

Thanks for the info guys!  I'll try contacting the local clubs.

Unfortanetely I can't make to Portland this weekend, but would love to make it another time soon.

I'm going to be putting up flyers around Oakridge in regards to forming a club in the next couple of days.

Thanks again.
Mike

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.

"Big Smooth"

Thanks Jeff for another great race!!    even on your birthday.........My Birthday gift to you was to let you beat me but I guess Bill did not get the memo....:lol:

Thanks for the food also!!

"Due to economic cutbacks,the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"

Hey, I dressed in BLACK! What more could I do??????  -------------------Bill

I guess we all need to bow down to Bill "Johnny Cash" Bostic.  At least until the next race.  A hearty thanks to The Courtney's for hosting another fun race with plenty of great grub and a special thanks to Mother Nature for the snow, it just wouldn't be a race at Jeff's without snow.

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.