I haven't posted an update for awhile so here it is. I've been working on the track most every day, mostly on painting. The track surface is painted, color sanded, and ready for the braid to be laid. The driver's stations are built and have three coats of white base color on them. Today I applied the first coats of color to the driver's stations to identify which lanes each serves. I also remounted the electrical track control center that houses all the relays and connections for the lap counting system.
COLOR!....Something other than tan or white!
As a track owner I DO NOT like having problems or issues during a race! It can happen but what makes it even worse is having to crawl around under the track trying to figure out the source of the problem. With the track controls mounted here with easy access, it will make performing any necessary diagnostics much easier! I am planning to redo/redesign all the electrical connections and hardware that connects the wiring to the track braid and controller hookups. Part of the plan is to use fewer nuts, bolts, and screws!
















