876

(138 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

I left out the craziest part, the axe head was loose and flew off nailing one of them in the head.

877

(138 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

All you need is a hacksaw and an axe to take the roof off. Kelly's little brothers did it to an Electra 225 back in the 80's.

878

(138 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

Maybe you should've kept that Thunderbird after all. It is a (F)or (O)ld (R)etired (D)udes or pick your own favorite FORD acronym.

879

(138 replies, posted in Slot Talk)

Quit rubbin' it in would ya? Cuz we're all jealous.....

Thanks for some great racing last night, as usual I had a splendiferous time.

Rico

881

(4 replies, posted in Penguin Point Raceway)

Thank you Saagers' for an action packed afternoon of racing and eating.  I enjoyed my "watermelon" too Dorothy.

Rico

Thanks for hosting last night Bill and thanks to Diane for the brownies et all.  I think I had a sugar hang over this morning.

I have a question regarding my newly earned handicap.  Is it only if I use that car or is it any car?

Rico

883

(26 replies, posted in Cars)

Here's some pics of the F1 cars we were talking about:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/reek455/IMG_1285_zpsdd647f58.jpg

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/reek455/IMG_1287_zps3b2d7eb6.jpg

I guess they do both have the brass chassis, I didn't think the white one did.

884

(26 replies, posted in Cars)

I managed to get the motor swapped for a BWA NC-1 without too much trouble.  I will bring it to Bill's on Thursday.

885

(26 replies, posted in Cars)

Question regarding the motors for the vintage F1 class.  I have a Scalextric Ferrari 375 with a front mounted FC-130 Mabuchi motor.  What BWA motor are you guys thinking?  I  believe the current stock motor is an 18K but it feels pretty wimpy.  It may or may not be easy to transter the drive shaft to a new motor without damaging it.  Thoughts???

886

(19 replies, posted in Penguin Point Raceway)

I can't wait to try the controllers.  I've seen a pre-production unit and it most definitely looked and felt like a big improvement over the stock SCX controllers.

887

(7 replies, posted in Cars)

I didn't take any pics of the underside.  You had two choices: Vintage Carrera Nascar or Vintage Revell-Monogram Stocker.  I originally was going to go with the Revell side winder but started adding up the costs for a chassis, wheels, gears etc to make a decent runner out of it and decided it was too expensive when I already had a Carrera chassis here.  I did buy a H&R Hawk motor to try out. They have similar specs to a NC-1.  Stock Carrera front wheels and tires that were trued up and I used a new brand of wheels and inserts on the rear.  Wheels are RS Slot and are only $6.29 a set.  Inserts are made by EZ Mag and are injected plastic.  The chassis is stock except for the parts I had to remove to fit under the Chevy body.

888

(7 replies, posted in Cars)

Thanks Bill, it's winging it's way back to Kentucky for the proxy.  They were kind enough to let me send it late and even to include me in the first race which has already been run.  I'll keep you all posted.

Rico

889

(7 replies, posted in Cars)

Just finished this for the "Zipper Top" proxy

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/reek455/IMG_6119_zps771654e4.jpg

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/reek455/IMG_6120_zps5a0b8407.jpg

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/reek455/IMG_6124_zps1ff488bc.jpg


Regards
Rico

Thanks for the racing last night, it was really good to finally find something that hooked up on your track.  I should have stayed for the after racing as all the lights seem to work ok on the Buick. 
It looks like you stay up later now that your "retaired".

Regards
Rico

891

(6 replies, posted in Track)

kidvolt wrote:

Maybe you'd like a Ninco Digital track.

I bet you just might know someone with one to sell??

892

(6 replies, posted in Track)

I agree, what they said.  Things are more back to what is the normal chaos at my house, give me a ring and we can set up a time for you to come over and check out the track.  There is also Bill's on Thursday which I'm planning on attending.

Rico

893

(5 replies, posted in Events)

It varies but week day evenings are probably the best.

894

(5 replies, posted in Events)

Hi John,

Welcome, if you go to the main index page and find the heading "NASTE" and click it you can then click on various races and the individual races will have links to pictures and videos from some of our craziness.

Bill's every odd Thursday races are composed of two classes and the rules can be found here: http://www.naste.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=477

Monte's First Sunday series we run Ninco brand GT cars and another heat of "IROC" cars that are provided by the host.

More info and cars can be found here:  http://www.fantasyworldhobbies.com/


Rico

895

(14 replies, posted in NASTE)

I did manage to snap a few photo's from the last two stages, unfortunately I forgot to take any during the first stage at Monte's.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/Rloco7/Naste%20Carlo%202013/IMG_6094.jpg

Monte takes the high road while David was seen letting it all hang out and then some.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/Rloco7/Naste%20Carlo%202013/IMG_6097.jpg

David was at it again this time holding up Monte's Group B Stratos.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/Rloco7/Naste%20Carlo%202013/IMG_6095.jpg

David, Monte & John and it looks like it's John getting it sideways in the true rally tradition.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/Rloco7/Naste%20Carlo%202013/IMG_6098.jpg

David's VW showing us it's bottom, now that's one Naste VW.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/Rloco7/Naste%20Carlo%202013/IMG_6102.jpg

Monte and John dueling it out on the uphill swing.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/Rloco7/Naste%20Carlo%202013/IMG_6101.jpg

and headed back downhill towards Petrolati Point.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/Rloco7/Naste%20Carlo%202013/IMG_6103.jpg

Thomas, Victoria, Chrissy and Todd and half a**ed Tracy.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/Rloco7/Naste%20Carlo%202013/IMG_6104.jpg

The boys hard at work?

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/Rloco7/Naste%20Carlo%202013/IMG_6106.jpg

John's Bug eating Jag at the infamous R1 at Autumn Hills.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/Rloco7/Naste%20Carlo%202013/IMG_6107.jpg

Good times marshalling at the Hills.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/Rloco7/Naste%20Carlo%202013/IMG_6108.jpg

Victoria putting her Fiat through the paces while David and Monte look on.

896

(14 replies, posted in NASTE)

Same to you and thanks to Diane for the excellent brownies.


Regards
Rico

897

(2 replies, posted in Penguin Point Raceway)

Thanks for a fun day Monte and Victoria.

898

(14 replies, posted in NASTE)

I have some that I can bring as well.

899

(5 replies, posted in NASTE)

I had a great time visiting and eating last night but the racing is something I'd rather forget, just not my night.  Thanks to our excellent hosts Terry and Dorothy and cograts to Bryan...again.

Regards
Rico

I guess I just wasn't myself last night.  Where have we heard that before?  Oh ya........