I am happy to announce that as of today TooBad Motorplex is up and running again! I've spent the last three days completing the wiring and hooking up the Trackmate computer system. It has taken me two years to get this project to this point. I am pleased with how it operates. I tested all three lanes today, running a Scalextric non-mag Porsche at 11.0 volts. The best laps I turned were in the 11.4 second range. I haven't tried 1/24 cars on it yet. I think it is going to be too tight for most 1/24 cars, however I should be able to test my 1/24 cars in the center lane ok. Look for an open house day to rubber this baby up soon! -----------------------Bill
5,126 May 17, 2012 5:06 pm
Re: New Track Under Construction at TooBad Motorplex in Fairview (178 replies, posted in Track)
5,127 May 16, 2012 6:59 am
Re: New Track Under Construction at TooBad Motorplex in Fairview (178 replies, posted in Track)
I put in a good 8 hours on the track Tuesday (ok maybe there was a little playin' that took place).

Mostly what I saw during that period was from this perspective:

But the good news is all 3 lanes are functional. Today I will try to finish up the jumper wiring, and the lap counter wiring.
---------------------Bill
5,128 May 15, 2012 7:25 am
Re: NASTE Race No.11 - Season Finale at Autumn Hills in Milwaukie (11 replies, posted in NASTE)
Well that explains one thing!!!!!
5,129 May 14, 2012 6:44 pm
Re: NASTE Race No.11 - Season Finale at Autumn Hills in Milwaukie (11 replies, posted in NASTE)
UPDATE: It is not looking good for next years champion as far as the best trophy goes!!!

5,130 May 13, 2012 7:34 pm
Re: NASTE Race No.11 - Season Finale at Autumn Hills in Milwaukie (11 replies, posted in NASTE)
I can't promise that this year's NASTE Points Champion Trophy will still be around for a new champion next year!

5,131 May 13, 2012 6:34 am
Topic: NASTE Race No.11 - Season Finale at Autumn Hills in Milwaukie (11 replies, posted in NASTE)
A fantastic race and and the perfect finish to an awesome NASTE season! What fun, I had a great time! Rico the track was challenging and fun as always! The food was AWESOME (tell Kelly thanks again!)! Dorothy your treats are fantastic! And if it wasn't for the Kahlua I don't think I could have hung onto 3rd place!
My thanks to all the NASTE racers for their participation in the 2012 season (our 16th year of racing)! It is our people that make NASTE such a fun group!
-----------------------Bill
5,132 May 7, 2012 8:30 pm
Re: New Track Under Construction at TooBad Motorplex in Fairview (178 replies, posted in Track)
CORONAs, .............you got CORONAs?????
5,133 May 7, 2012 1:56 pm
Re: New Track Under Construction at TooBad Motorplex in Fairview (178 replies, posted in Track)
YES, I will be there on Saturday!!!!
5,134 May 7, 2012 11:02 am
Re: New Track Under Construction at TooBad Motorplex in Fairview (178 replies, posted in Track)
No doubt!!!!
5,135 May 7, 2012 7:47 am
Re: New Track Under Construction at TooBad Motorplex in Fairview (178 replies, posted in Track)
Bryan stopped by last night and was the first "independent" racer to turn a wheel on the track. He ran a Scalextric Porsche in non-magnetic configuaration with stock rubber tires. Even with no "pad" built up on the track surface the car performed very well. I am VERY happy with the track's racing surface! Everything I have tried has hooked up well!! --------------------------Bill
5,136 May 6, 2012 9:59 pm
Re: New Track Under Construction at TooBad Motorplex in Fairview (178 replies, posted in Track)
Got some work in on the track this weekend. The center lane is up and running. Still have quite a bit to do, wiring for two more lanes, relays for the indicator lights when a circuit breaker is tripped, reverse direction switches for the lanes and lap counting, and additional power taps. ---------------------Bill
5,137 April 24, 2012 4:57 pm
Re: NASTE Race No.10 - Sling Shot in Carlton on April 21st (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Dorothy, Your camera work on the photos and video just make NASTE better and more fun, thank you so much!!!!
And it's nice to actually see YOU, THE HAMMER, live in one of our videos (thanks Terry!).................... ------------------Bill
5,138 April 24, 2012 1:34 pm
Re: NASTE Race No.10 - Sling Shot in Carlton on April 21st (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
You ran a great race Monte. It was a well deserved win !!!!
5,139 April 22, 2012 7:35 am
Re: NASTE Race No.10 - Sling Shot in Carlton on April 21st (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Congrats Monte, very nice racing!!!! ----------------Bill
5,140 April 21, 2012 10:13 pm
Re: NASTE Race No.10 - Sling Shot in Carlton on April 21st (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
I had a great time at the NASTE race at Larry's today. Thanks Larry for all the work you put into the cars and hosting the race! -----------------Bill
5,141 April 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Re: NASTE Race No.10 - Sling Shot in Carlton on April 21st (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Carpool schedule for tomorrow (Saturday 4/21 race in Carlton). Leave my house in Fairview @ 2:30pm. Pick up riders in Mall 205 parking lot west side of Home Depot @ 3:00pm. I'll be driving the slightly crusty looking blue sorta grey NASTE Dodge Race Party Van...............call me on my cell if you have questions. ----------------Bill
5,142 April 19, 2012 3:54 pm
Re: NASTE Race No.10 - Sling Shot in Carlton on April 21st (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Depends on how many passengers. No more than $5 per person............. ----------------Bill
5,143 April 15, 2012 11:32 am
Re: NASTE Race No.10 - Sling Shot in Carlton on April 21st (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
That sounds good to me. I'll fire off an email to Terry and the others.
How about we meet at Mall 205 at 3:00pm?
--------------Bill
5,144 April 14, 2012 6:32 pm
Re: NASTE Race No.10 - Sling Shot in Carlton on April 21st (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Here's the sign up so far:
Terry (called shot gun first) & Dorothy, Rico, Jimmy, Tracy & sons (3 seats), and I'm saving a seat for Bryan (not Flyin' the other one). I can probably still fit a couple more.
If we start racing at 6:00pm or so, I'd like to be at Larry's no later than 5:00 pm, so that's about a 3:30pm departure from a central location. It looks like we have passengers from SE and North. Any suggestions for a meeting place?
---------------------Bill
5,145 April 13, 2012 7:11 pm
Topic: NASTE Race No.10 - Sling Shot in Carlton on April 21st (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
I'm setting up a carpool for the race at Larry's in Carlton if anyone is interested. The NASTE Race/Party Van can hold up to 9 adult passengers with comfort (and fun)!
Let me know if you are interested! ------------------Bill
5,146 April 1, 2012 6:31 pm
Re: NASTE Race No.9 @ Rapid Raceway (4 replies, posted in NASTE)
Here's a link to Howie's Rapid Raceway website if you'd like to check out his photos of the race:
5,147 March 31, 2012 9:54 pm
Topic: NASTE Race No.9 @ Rapid Raceway (4 replies, posted in NASTE)
Thanks Howie for a spectacular evening of racing!!! -----------------Bill
5,148 March 16, 2012 2:11 pm
Re: Late Model Trans-Am (6 replies, posted in Rapid Raceway)
Larry Cockerham's new Trans Am Mustang:


5,149 March 12, 2012 12:56 pm
Re: NASTE Race No. 8 (8 replies, posted in NASTE)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!
5,150 March 12, 2012 8:38 am
Re: NASTE Race No. 8 (8 replies, posted in NASTE)
Only "pretty good"?
Obviously you were unable to take full advantage of the "Too Bad" rule..........