Skip to forum content
The NASTE Forum
Welcome to the forum of the Northwest Slot Track Enthusiasts!
You are not logged in. Please login or register.
Active topics Unanswered topics
Search options (Page 12 of 26)
kidvolt wrote:Ok, what did I miss?
Doc had an H&R motor in his Corvette, which sounded like an awesome way to give my car a little more life ('cause it's a dud and I don't want to buy another one an pray it has a decent motor). I took a look through the rules before I went and ordered a motor and turns out, they're not legal.
Doc,
I think you need to take a look at the GT3 rules:
http://naste.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=630
"Class 9 - GT3
GT3 Rules
Scalerxtric GT3 cars only.
Must have lights. We are going to be racing with the lights off at times.
Car must have raced in the GT class during or after the 2013 season.
No after market axles - must run the stock or replacement Scalextric axle.
Car must be box stock. Specifically this means-
Stock motor.
Stock body and chassis (wheel wells may not be altered).
Stock wheels and axles"
From this post, it appears that H&R motors are not class compliant. You may want to check in with the class sponsor and see what he has to say about it though, whoever that guy is:
Class Sponsor: Dan Fritz
Chris
They were late 90's, early 2k's, so yes, they'd be lumped in the LMP bucket. Technically, in the day, they ran in the GT class but for our purposes, we are labeling them as LMP.
I moved the date back in post #4 to '68 to pick up where Classics D1 stopped, and the Mk I's ran through 1969 in FIA classes (won the '68 and '69 Le Mans), so they're covered. Mk II's and IV's were illegal after 67 due to displacement restrictions, so if we pull the start date in to 1966, we can let the Mk II's and IV's play.
...so let's make the date 1966.
CK
Further discussion with Bill today, we may use the proposal above to actually phase out the big bucket GT class to break it down as above. In other words, if there is no further discussion or objection, the three classes above will replace the current "anything goes" starting grid of the GT class to set it up with the era-compatible grids the three buckets above provide.
If we run them for a few cycles and determine they're not quite where we need them to be, we can change up the dividing lines on the dates to make the fields more appropriate.
And again, if this is solving a problem we really don't have, I am not too proud to can the whole thing. After going through this exercise, I would like to give it a shot though.
Chris
I have one change I was thinking of- extend the PGE cars back to 1968 to pick up where Classics Div 1 leaves off.
When we talked about this at our Feb discussion, there seemed to be enough interest in dividing out the classes so that era-similar cars would run together. I put together the above dissertation as a starting point to further that discussion, yet there is no further discussion. To drive this to conclustion then, I will ask a question directly.
Is there no discussion because the proposal above perfectly suits the objectives of the concerned parties at the meeting and everyone else is on board with what is outlined above and wants to incorporate the new classes, or does nobody really care and I am trying to solve a problem which doesn't exist?
I would still like to create an opportunity to have the open-topped, full-fendered cars compete legitimately. They currently do not have this option except for a small sub-set in Can Am.
Chris
I sent the below message out to all on the Scuderia Kouba mailing list, but am also posting it here for all to see. If you're interested, drop me a line.
CK
All,
I made an 8"x 8" photo album of last year's derby efforts on Shutterfly and now through Sun there is a free photobook code ("BOOK4SPRING") which will let you print one up for shipping costs ($8). I think I may be able to share the project with you and you can order one if you are so inclined- Bill and I are trying this exact experiment out right now.
If that's the case, and you're willing to cough up the $8 for shipping, let me know and I will forward the project to you through Shutterfly. You may end up on their email list as a result but I imagine you can opt out of those.
Looking forward to seeing what the hill holds for us this year, and (hopefully) successfully defending the championship!
CK
Any reference to NSR cars being ineligible needs to be removed. They have been voted back onto the island in any class for which they meet the criteria.
The only place where Thunderslots will be eligible is the new Open class.
I thought I took it home but I guess it's possible. I'm out of town through Sun but will check when I get back.
Good racing last night. I had a great couple heats side by side with Al, and the competition up and down the field is pretty tight!
Those with tuning questions may find this thread useful:
http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php? … ar-builds/
reek455 wrote:kidvolt wrote:If we still had a rally track we could probably offer a round locally.
Let’s make one :-)
Like a small hill climb or something.
I'm game! Will happily contribute to the construction but would need it to reside somewhere else, at least for the near term.
Well, I am officially in. I have an RS and urQ on their way home for testing and development. Love this era!
Poking around, it looks like cars are reasonable. I think I'm in.
Doors + roof and not Thunderslot = GT legal.
Go for it!
In what current class would this car run?
GT? Nope. No roof.
Can Am? I don't think 908's ran Can Am. A look at the linked USRRC participants doesn't include 908.
Le Mans? Nope. While it did run there, our class is for Fly and Scaley (and similar) cars. NSR is not similar.
Classics II? Only with a lower spec motor and narrow tires.
Trans Am? F1? GT3? DTM? Nope across the board.
Its only opportunity is Classics II. We removed the ban on NSR so the cars are legal. I'd say run one there if you want to.
Regardless of a class to run it in, NSR's are legal. I am interested in grabbing one of these once they come down a little in price.
CK
Yes, I would expect the intention is for points races, but I read "these cars" as the Can Am and GT classes, and specifically without TS cars.
T-Slots are ineligible for this season. Period. I believe the objective is to replace the TS rounds with fresh new (championship-counting) rounds without them.
We can figure out on the side how to integrate TS cars into the field going forward but for now they are out for any championship rounds.
reek455 wrote:docdoom wrote:Any body have any thoughts on adding two more races to the end of the season to run these cars?
No, what's going to change? There will still be those who have them and those who don't
Well, anything could change but mostly, but what did change is that Thunderslots are not eligible to play now. Those that do have them will not be allowed to use them, and it gives the opportunity to exercise their "normal" car, like in the pre-Thunderslot era.
docdoom wrote:Any body have any thoughts on adding two more races to the end of the season to run these cars?
I'm good with that.
wb0s wrote:Official Results - NASTE 2018 Point Series Championship Race No.3 @ Rippin' Ridin' Raceway
GT Class
1 Chris 77.9 Laps - 12 points
2 Monte 74.8 - 11 pts.
3 Fernando 73.9 - 10 pts.
4 Rico 72.8 - 9 pts.
5 Al 72.4 - 8pts.
6 Daniel 70.8 - 7 pts.
7 Mitch 69.5 - 6 pts.
8 Gary 68.6 - 5 pts.
9 Jeff 62.9 - 4 pts.
10 Chris Hammett 59.2 - 3 pts.
11 Victoria 58.8 - 2 pts.
12 Amy 57.3 - 1 pt.
Looking at this, it's coming back to me- this is the race where I ran mine and Monte and Fernando ran Monte's and Doc had his (but had tire issues)... Is that correct?
If that's the case, then fine... Can it.
It seems that only round 6 is causing the heartbreak. I say scratch that round and let's move on.
wb0s wrote:So here's an idea for the remainder of the point series season. Make a change to the racing calendar which removes the GT Class and Can Am Class races from the point series for the remainder of the point series season. Change those races to non-point races and address rules changes for next season. Continue running those classes as non-point races and maybe someone will figure out how to make Slot.it or NSR cars run with the Thunderslots? At least this way there will be no more penalty for not owning a Thunderslot.
If it's causing this much of a furor, here's my proposal-
There's no reason to do away with any of the classes for points, the only wrench in the works is the Thunder Slot, and I think the only round we've run with them was this week's Can Am. To make the most people happy, outlaw the Thunderslots for the rest of this year's Championship, throw the past week's round out the window, keep the final Can Am and GT rounds as part of this year's series, and figure out a way to integrate the Thunderslots into our rules structure in the coming off-season (which may still be exclusion from the championship).
This puts the competition back to where it was pre-TS, which was a known playing field before the season started and everyone should have a handle on just exactly how competitive their entries are and at least feel like it's an even field.
reek455 wrote:Are NSR cars legal?
Yes. Restriction was removed in July.
reek455 wrote:What's to prevent me from down motoring a Thunder Slot?
Nothing.
reek455 wrote:I DO know that I'm enjoying racing less and less to the point I am considering not racing anymore unless we get this mess straightened out.
Rico
That would suck. I would miss running against you.
reek455 wrote:kidvolt wrote:"We did discuss at the beginning if the Thunderslots were allowed (along with the NSR's), and we did all say yes."
NOT everyone said yes. I could see the writing on the wall as soon as I believe it was Greg's Thunder Slot run that it would be dominant and objected.
Rico
Sorry Rico, I see what I typed but meant to convey that we decided as a group to allow them.
Posts found: 276 to 300 of 629