So I was reading on the other forum and one of our new drivers brought up a good point on the number of classes we run. maybe we need to rethink how we are running our race program. for new guy coming to the club it a little of a surprise and sticker shock to see all the different classes we run. I for one though the same when I 1st started racing with you all. .
So, just now catching up on this thread so pardon me if I'm late to the party.
Yes, we have a lot of classes, but there is a reason. We now have three different flavors of the class formerly known as GT because people (not random people on the internet, but US racers who are actually showing up and racing) wanted to have era-compatible cars running on the track at the same time. We have the unlimited or open class because T-slots can outrun just about anything out of the box and we like T-70's and bought a couple. We have the Le Mans class because we all have a bunch of slow and crappy Fly and Scaley cars which we could never teach to compete with Slot.It's or T-slots but wanted a class in which to run them... There is a specific reason for just about each and every one of the classes we have, and I think that the group consensus which concocted them should probably be respected.
Instead of cutting back the number of classes or worrying about making sure a new participant has a car for each class, I think it'd make more sense to offer them some guidance as to which classes are truly in the regular rotation and which cars they should be serious about acquiring. Then we help get them set up for success, and meanwhile, let them run whatever it is that they do bring if they've already bought something.
And when we run a class where they don't have a car for at all, someone else reaches in their box and pulls out one to loan them.
Like this group always has...