Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread

It's done other than an interior and hiring a driver. But I'm glad you mentioned the Can-Am race because I hadn't noticed it!

Mt Goat wrote:

It's done other than an interior and hiring a driver. But I'm glad you mentioned the Can-Am race because I hadn't noticed it!

It should be a good turn out!

I have an interior you can throw in if you like, but I believe Bob N ordered some. He will probably have them available tomorrow!

Zack

Just throwing it out there.....I have a meeting Thursday afternoon and will likely be a bit late. I will probably miss the F1 class, but I hope to be there in time for Classic 1.

Mt Goat wrote:

Just throwing it out there.....I have a meeting Thursday afternoon and will likely be a bit late. I will probably miss the F1 class, but I hope to be there in time for Classic 1.

Sounds good Tom, you can text me with an ETA and we can get you put in!

Zack

I wish I had a meeting so I could miss F1.

Why does it seem like everyone dislikes F1?

Mt Goat wrote:

Why does it seem like everyone dislikes F1?

Scalex: finnicky, twitchy, a bitch to tune, easy to break, guide & wires suck

Policar: better

Yeah,
What he said.

When we started F1 it was cars from the 50s, Ferrari 312s, Coopers, Maserati 250s, ect. 18K motors. Then the Gurney Eagles and Lotus 49s showed up with their tiny bodies and 22K motors. Now these are wonderful cars with true 18K motors but almost undrivable that way they come.
  But that still wasn't fast enough for some so more and more modern cars kept appearing until we got to modern F1, however most of us still had the older controllers which made the cars...difficult.
  I did at one point built a brass chassis for a Strombecker Maserati 250 and powered it with a Slot It 20K long can motor. Is was capable of going around as fast as any of the newer cars but I found driving it full tilt for 9 minutes to be stressful.

Personally I'm looking forward to what NSR is coming out with.

I really like running the Policars, they are challenging, fast, and look pretty cool. But they are highly sensitive to tuning and poor driving so they can be really frustrating when you get it wrong.

Last time out I couldn't drive it to save my life!

I think the "new" policar f1 and NSR coming out might be pretty neat as well. The Scaley cars also work awesome if you allow axle changes and such, our Scaley f1 proxy cars were lapping in the high 6's at Al's and much easier to drive than the Policars!

Zack

Results from the February 13th race:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_0147RRR.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_0148RRR.jpg

It was some close racing out there. Thanks Al for hosting and to everyone who showed up to play!

Zack

I am looking forward to switching. I think the Carrera's will race well, although are a stark contrast to the LMP entries!

I wouldn't count out those working on the Mosler's for LMP, those are VERY fast cars.

Zack

Here's the results from the Odd Thursday race at Al's on February 27th, 2020.

GT PGE Class:
Fastest lap Zack 6.219, Al 6.279.
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/RRR02272020.jpg

Carrera DTM Class:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/RRR02272020P.jpg

Both these classes had fun battles. The Carrera cars are pretty slow, but they stay in pretty well and there was some good battles throughout the race.

Zack

That was a lot of fun. I like how close of competition it is. And at a speed that I can almost keep track of which car is mine. Greg hit the nail on the head when he said.....”The DTM cars are slow but they got a lot of momentum”. I think I’ll go add a bunch of lead to my LMP car!

It was a great race in both classes. I REALLY like those LMP machines!

Zack

Results from the March 5th race.

GT3:
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_0167RRR.jpg

GT LMP:
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_0166RRR.jpg

Good choice Doc.  If I redo any of my landscaping I'm going with the static grass.

"Big Smooth"

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/fBsExe45u7S-c1L18K7VrwLnyMM2mxFY6_qqoPsuT7imuZ3j7Tdbpjfv_A4XfP2UDEBaSGy2VlFjcC9I0SX-ku-Xq1NXLqYyMtKebFJmijqyWSOBHL0a21cKWo_idb3OjX6Zz046oZVQ4CdfJMNAWk7pjpT1k2nN4EsJ-ECwV4zR3gYpe7IYvbTdKpsgUDU4YWiYacbUo30-NLQVbJUUa-hnMoS7J8fuDuwb4SFzBcFGivwUcEBJRrisipUAlExIy_w6cW8TBQ6FgVJGEplgux15_DEXnSMdORYlSN1PLa5Fw-xO9GmmxdHWKnJzJBNA7jRaTH37QkMDO0U8k0RdcDsIaHm7AYJ5sKdfNc5U64HRJNo-GfM1zDqkxYf7wnCZItb1VfiMWZfMA6NADpZcQ08iDOkMnzRfmUZtnO1rXKttRz_TRRapivdQTT7nrnXIMjpf-5Wp79CCdbB3CJqqopETNr9b47UHSS3zAFmy5sHJwEDewQjFvFUmma3cDFBmOFxS0WmhdA7xUunM4g_RSeDc2WZoMLOU3l9vHeadyx88Fv9afIEUQpMBOvT552MNe4pEFzJaUQijhWdCkjq_er_OT_h6XrTRqbSaaw0THH_j9TLbMsEDKGaWiEgmrlweU_YITCECKD0U0SArrz8iUwfFVfjT-VVHDAMX7Y5NorfnS61NC12kurKnaRR4iEBSbLSubscYzSp0gjhMOiQtoxRVTu_UTjXfAU5cIg-g6u1WYcH6STYxVRA=w955-h783-no

This guy is WAY too excited about fake grass!

1,520 (edited by Mitch58 April 19, 2020 6:14 am)

Chris,
  I had to go watch this video. I found it......informing.

After watching several more videos I started thinking this looks realistic and great on a train layout but on a slot car track I have a feeling I would constantly be cleaning it off of and out of the track. After all I've seen how some of us drive.

Then I thought a few well placed 'clumps" could look cool but with my modeling skills it might look like spots where some dog had crapped on the lawn. Oh and it comes in so many colors, like I'd ever get that right.  I've already solicited a promise from my wife to paint any rock out croppings I may make so they don't just look like blobs of something.

Flick'da'heudl!

"Big Smooth"

Mitch58 wrote:

Chris,
  I had to go watch this video. I found it......informing.

Oh yeah, I watched it too- well, some of it.  He just seemed so happy and caffeinated right out of the blocks that he seemed more like a cartoon character than anything else.  Clearly knows what's going on with modeling though...

I just wanna race............................

Zack

1,524 (edited by Mitch58 April 25, 2020 6:45 pm)

Hook up the black and white, clip to red one to your tongue, then drive a car around. You may get a small surprise when you stop.

docdoom wrote:
Mitch58 wrote:

Hook up the black and white, clip to red on to your tongue, then drive a car around. You may get a small surprise when you stop.

does it have to be the tongue????

No, but it is a rather small clip.