Re: BRM Race - LOCAL

I have a GT car or two which I can offer.  If we have the track for the day, it'd be a shame to not take advantage of it.  If we need to IROC them, so be it.

I also have entries for the other two classes.  Can't wait to go racing!!

Also, proposal for class specs:

Gp C - NASTE spec (red motor, stock tires, traction mag)
Classics - Box stock (black motor, non-mag, rubber tires)
GT - Box stock (black motor, non-mag, rubber tires)

Should mean that anyone who has one can just true the tires, tune the chassis, and run it.

we have a start tume yet

The secondnidator

How do the rubber tires grip there?  I know the foam tire on my Scale Auto are great there.

Doc, what would be a good time for you?  Anyone?

"Big Smooth"

We ran the NASTE BRM Porsche 962 IROC race there with the stock rubber tires and they seemed to work fine.

Early start and late finish is OK with me.

Ok, after talking with Chris we're considering this:

1.  A two-hour team IROC using the Can Am cars that we already have from the 24 Hr Enduro.
2.  Heat racing using the First Set cars - the Porsche's mostly.
3.  If there's time, a King of the Track heat race using whatever BRM you want to run.  Let the big dogs eat!

"Big Smooth"

Uh,....what BRM Can Am cars?

Me think he fat fingered that post. Trans am

The secondnidator

What Monte meant to say was the TRANS Am cars- the Mustangs and Camaros.  You all can see just how well they handle for yourselves.

I do shudder to think about subjecting them to 2 more hours of abuse.....

If all goes well, the Trans Am cars will actually be released by then as well, so we can pick up replacement pieces!

Damn, lots of stuff happens while I fat finger my way through a reply...

Also, on a mildly related note- a number of us have the BRM classics.  It's time to start wreckin- I mean RACING them.  I would encourage us to stay box stock again like we have with the Gp C cars, and just start running them.  I will go forth and quantify some rules to propose, and see if we can ratify them- and then start racing!

I'm happy to do it but if anyone else wants to head this up, feel free to jump in.

Chris

We are more than wiling to follow your example oh masterful one! I just want to get mine on the track!

Yes.  Trans Am.

"Big Smooth"

Just slightly less than 100 days to race day.

If there are those among you that would like to race but don't have a car let us know and we'll find you a ride.

Should be a good time with the big cars.

"Big Smooth"

Details have been posted to the calendar.

"Big Smooth"

The rules for the BRM race at Rapid Raceway are posted here under Class 10: http://naste.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3876#p3876

There are now rules for the Classics and GT's in addition to the Group C which has been up for quite some time.

There will be races for all three classes on the 24th, bring what you've got and we'll see how the fields stack up.  We will have the Trans Am cars there as well for IROC'ing as well.  Basically, if you have any BRM's, bring them and we'll race them!

Chris

Chris, is there anything on the SCI site about this race?

Oooh....  No there isn't.  I hadn't thought much about actively promoting it outside of our sandbox.

What's Howie's voltage?  Track length?  Timing system?

I'll throw something up on SCI and see what flies it might attract.

Howie runs Rapid Raceway at 13.5 volts. I'm guessing lap length must be somewhere around 90 feet? He is using Race Coordinator for a timing system.

SCI invite is UP!

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/porta … ost1014868

Cool!

One note in regards to Howie's power supply for Rapid Raceway. He uses a large commercial track type of power supply instead of a car battery and charger.

wb0s wrote:

One note in regards to Howie's power supply for Rapid Raceway. He uses a large commercial track type of power supply instead of a car battery and charger.

...and fixed!!

I thought at one point, someone (you) told me it was battery and charger.  My bad.

If I did I apologize..........I was probably drunk!

Should we contact Howie and arrange for a practice night?

"Big Smooth"