Topic: Attaching track

I need to attach my ninco track to the plywood base.  How is the best way to attach it? 

I don't see any predrilled holes for securing the track to the plywood.  Or is there some light duty glue that could be applied in spots?

Thanks!

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

Re: Attaching track

Hey Mike. Although I have not had any experience with Ninco track, you might try using a few spots of hot glue, or maybe use silicon caulking to hold it in place.

Thanks!  I should have mentioned that this track is 4' x 8', and that I will be keeping it portable.  So it needs to be able to be turned somewhat on it's side to go through door ways.  Think enough glue spots would work, or should I fasten it by mechanical means?

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

I'm not really sure if the glue or silicon would hold well enough to store the track on its side.

What about those plastic mirror hanging brackets you can buy for mounting large mirrors to a wall or door. The kind that uses one screw and the plastic overlaps the sides of the mirror by about 3/8 inch?

Your project may take some experimentation....

Have you tried the Slot Car Illustrated (SCI) Forum for any suggestions?  ------------------------------Bill

I will take a look at those mirror hanging brackets.  Thanks for the SCI suggestion, I'm going to give that a try too.

Thanks Bill.

According to those on Slot Car Illustrated, nails are used to attach Ninco track to the base.  Which, doesn't seem like the world's best design, but even the Ninco rep stated that is the best method.  Pre drill the track very close to the edge, then carefully nail it down.  I will find out soon enough.

One thing to know is that plastic track will expand in the heat.

"Big Smooth"