Re: Slot.it woes

Rico, You have correctly deciphered what I was trying to communicate! Yes, they are 90 degrees out of position. And like you I figure for the price, as long as they run!  -------------------------Bill

reek455 wrote:

George- Dave Kennedy Jr. has several articles on Slot Car Illustrated on how torque is measured. These are located in the forum section. Basically it is just attaching an arm to a motor and using a digital scale measuring the amount of force generated and plugging figure into a mathmatical equation.
Rico

Hi Rico,

I was aware of the procedure on how to measure torque and the physics behind it. What my short question to Bill did not explain was that I wanted to know how *BILL* tested for torque. In other words, what his test bench setup was.

My apologies for not being clear.

George

--
"Get the shotgun, Martha. The herd needs a thinnin'." - Bucky Katt

Gut feel and experience I'd say

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Definately not an exact science. Mostly just an idea if the motor is sluggish or not, and a rough idea of how high it revs. The current draw gives me an idea of hhow "hot" the arm is. I've compared enough motors in and out of cars to get a "gut feeling" as Rico put it. That's really all I need or care about. The real proof or test is in putting the motor in a chassis and running it, trying a couple different gear sets. But I can tell you, even with just a "free running" bench test, these motors will blow the doors off my Radioshack motors!!! And they do look like they will run cooler than the Slot.It motors.    --------------------Bill