Topic: Which is the best Revell/Monogram car?

So today I received my latest Ebay purchase in the mail. I picked up a Revell of Germany Fun Cup VW for $50 shipped. I was a little concerned about my purchase because it was coming from China, but it arrived undamaged, and quite quickly to my surprise ( less than 2 weeks!).

I'd like to get some opinions from others about which Revell car they feel is the best. Best overall, as well as best looking, best to race with as far as handling (with traction magnets & without), even just which one is your favorite if for no particular reason.......

Personally the only one I have enjoyed running so far is the little Trabant. With a traction magnet installed it is one of my fastest cars! Without the traction magnet it has way too much power! The other Revell/Monogram cars I have run also seem to suffer from too much power in my opinion. I love the Corvette Grand Sports! But when I ran one it was a let down from a handling perspective. If it weren't for the fact some of them look so good, I probably wouldn't even have any........

-------------------------Bill

Re: Which is the best Revell/Monogram car?

Bill,
I love the look of the R-M cars but they just don't run as well as they look in my opinion.  The best handling one I've driven is a McLaren M6 that was modified by Greg Petrolati.  The M6's are angle winders and seem to be the best of the lot.  I did manage to get my R-M Vintage Nascar to run ok as well but certainly far from my better cars.

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.