Topic: The Future of Springwater Raceway

It is with a heavy and troubled heart that I have decided to suspend all events at Springwater Raceway. I must evaluate and consider the whole reason for the existence of the track. My hope and prayer has always been to provide an atmosphere of inclusion, no judgement and to exhibit the love of Christ to all who enter its doors. It has become apparent that I have failed in fulfilling this mission. Those of you who are of the family of God, I covet your prayers for God's wisdom regarding the future of the racetrack. God willing, this is not the end of Springwater Raceway. There are many other factors that I must consider before making a final decision. I want to personally thank everyone who has come to race in our events here. It has been my privilege and honor to serve each and every one of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. God Bless.
Racerbob

Re: The Future of Springwater Raceway

That to bad I never had the pleasure  to run on it.

The secondnidator

Very sorry to hear this news. I personally have always felt very welcomed at Springwater and the the local racing community in general.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

4 (edited by howie September 18, 2023 5:18 am)

Bob, here is my take on this behavior issue: this is not your failure Bob, you provide a great place to have a fun time racing slot cars and you are a good host. The failure is in a racer taking this hobby way too seriously! As this known racer takes his anger out and yells at the person or persons that he has contentions with, it upsets the whole theme of the race and fellow racers who are out to have a good time. This kind of behavior is unexceptable and we as track owners need to get a handle on this. If we as track owners get together and come up with a plan to stop this nonsense, then the fun will be back at all the tracks that we control. I suggest we as track owners get together soon and come up with a plan. Let's get back to having fun no matter who or what track is hosting the race. If this plan does not take place, things will not change for the better. Note: this is just my opinion, but I am stopping this behavior at my track ( Rapid Raceway ) and it seems to be working as I believe the racers at my track are having fun, at least I have been told so by a few racers.

See ya.
Howie.

Well if that's the case Bob I'm glad I made it out one last time and was able to stay to help put it to bed.

I always liked the track, and the venue. Thanks for hosting.

howie wrote:

...this is not your failure Bob, you provide a great place to have a fun time racing slot cars and you are a good host. The failure is in a racer taking this hobby way too seriously! As this known racer takes his anger out and yells at the person or persons that he has contentions with, it upsets the whole theme of the race and fellow racers who are out to have a good time. This kind of behavior is unexceptable and we as track owners need to get a handle on this....

As someone who has hosted events a handful of times and attended countless others, I have utmost respect for the individuals who open their homes or other spaces for us to come together and play.  I can't begin to explain the respect I have for Al in how he continuously supports Odd Thursdays!!  This group has some amazing and generous people.

As adults (technically), we shouldn't need to put a disclaimer that proper decorum should be expected at our events, and it should be understood that improper decorum will not be tolerated.

If someone can't respect this, I agree with Howie- it sounds like their problem, not yours, Bob.  I can partially understand the feelings you are experiencing, but if someone made a habit out of coming to my house and raining on my parade, I would be clear with them that they are ruining the fun for everyone and further antics would not tolerated.  If that upsets them and they never come back, it's their choice, but your attendees won't have to deal with them.  If they become more pleasant to be around and continue to show up, it's a win for everyone!

Either way, it would be a shame to let someone ruin the fun of everyone else.