Topic: One More Time- the 2023 Portland Adult Soapbox Derby and YOU!!!

Yes, it's that time of the year again.  I am looking for people who want to spend a Saturday on Mt Tabor with me.  I think this will actually be my last year even if I don't break the record...  Too much other stuff to do.

This is the first year I am recycling the car, so no new build.  It will be last year's car with some tweaks to try to eek out the needed 0.2 seconds to break the record.

Looking for volunteers to help with the team on the hill for the day.  Don't need anyone for the derby volunteer position, just for the Scuderia.  Responsibilities vary, but it's nothing overly demanding.  Hours are also flexible- don't need to show up at daybreak, dont' need to stay all day...  If you're willing to contribute, I'll be appreciative.

Letting me know you'll be there will get you a T-shirt.  I know, what a payday!!

With a sales job like that, I know you won't be able to resist.  So who's in?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AIL4fc9kxzYuAFUFOlMjchBvUdV9dlI0xx87y0kOMSMk8JcECIhi5kcDIBkk__82dTO1tdKJIiZjwJd1OUst06G8BITvT73R2V8-vLG3w6QVrrZGuUET61TjwedjMm8sEPj5vkhHRYxcb8j_5DLgq7z7GRdFmA=w800-h338-s-no?authuser=0

Re: One More Time- the 2023 Portland Adult Soapbox Derby and YOU!!!

What are the dates again? If it's not the beginning of August, I'll be there!

I suppose that would be helpful info to share...  The third Sat of Aug, so the 19th this year.

I will be there very early again but the circus doesn't really start until 9-ish.

Dang! Actually, it was the end of August I was worried about. I will be celebrating 40 wonderful years of marriage with my beautiful wife on a cross-Canada rail trip. Hopefully, the wildfires will be all gone by then...

Congrats Stan!  Have a great trip.

I am in Chris. I have it on my calendar. What time do you want me on the hill?

======Bill

Whenever...  I will be there early, would be happy to buy you breakfast as usual but at this point you can arrive leisurely and meet us in the pits.  You can let me know what time you want to be there.

Where are you guys meeting for breakfast? And what time?

Denny's always seemed to work out well.  We can solidify timing when we have the day's schedule in front of us.

Sounds good Chris! It's THE established routine and makes for good karma!