Topic: Why aren't we currently racing at Inslot' Checkered Flag Raceway?

Why?

Here's why.....

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/icfrjune2023.jpg

Re: Why aren't we currently racing at Inslot' Checkered Flag Raceway?

So, I've been doing some serious work out in the shop. Sorting, re-boxing, and emptying boxes and boxes of stuff! It doesn't look much like it, but I am making progress! I should be back up and running in another month or so?

Sometime around 1984 I purchased this roll deck display case from Hobbies Unlimited on North Interstate Avenue in the Overlook neighborhood. Circumstances dictated the need to sell it around 1989 and my good friend Mike Bell showed interest in it, so a deal was struck. Just last week, nearly 40 years after my original purchase, I was able to require the display case from Mike.

My original plan was to restore the case but after a light cleaning, and seeing all the fine scratches in the top glass, and minor nicks and scratches in the wood, I decided it needs to stay "as is". All those imperfections were put there by kids just like me getting close and spending a great deal of time "rolling" through the items in the display!

Thanks to another good friend's help, Rob Enders, I was able to get the case in its new home upstairs above the Checkered Flag track. I was so excited to get started on the case, I was out in the shop before 7 this morning replacing the 110 volt line cord. The original one had not faired well, probably due to mice or carelessness at some point in its life. With the new line cord installed I started filling it with some of my HO cars (some of the ones I could find anyway). Although I was able to fill the case, I will need to go back through the cars once I find the remainder of my collection. I will need to sort out what's there and thin out the herd! But at this point I am pretty content to just lean against the case and work the button rolling the trays back and worth! Thanks Mike!

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/rollcase84.jpg

I remember those display case  I may have even been one of those kids pushing and drooling  at all the amazing toys it displayed.  A DNA test may be in order.

The secondnidator