1 (edited by racerbob February 27, 2024 7:06 pm)

Topic: OSCAR Late Model NASCAR race, March 16 2024

The First ever OSCAR NASCAR Race will be held at Springwater Raceway on March 15th and 16th, 2024. If you are able to let me know if you will be attending this race, please put your name on this post or on the PASER Facebook page. Cost is $15.00 with lunch and drinks provided. Smoking or Alcoholic beverages will not be allowed on the church grounds. Doors will be open 4pm - 8pm, Friday the 15th for practice, Doors open Saturday the 16th at 8am. Tech at 9:30 with Qualifying at 10am. OSCAR race procedures will be in effect. Rotation will be 4 minute heats, 4 times through. Due to the 8 lane configuration of the track, 4 separate races will be run, and the overall totals will determine the finishing positions. If the field needs to be split (more than 15 racers) each racer will get the same amount of track time.
Confirmed Racers:
1. Bob Nakamura
2, Kirk Smith
3. Bill Bostic
4, Rico
5. Mitch Brooks
6. Al Christensen
7. Mark Hunter
8. Craig Rieland (Possible)
9. Tom Street
10. Turing John
11. Patrick Hurley

Re: OSCAR Late Model NASCAR race, March 16 2024

Rico unless something unforeseen comes up

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

I'm in Bob!

Count me in Bob !

This is shaping up to look like a big event! The word is there are quite a few out-of towners coming in for the race, as well as local racers!

There are also two opportunities for testing and tuning of your OSCAR NASCARs. The usual OSCAR practice the day before the big race, and for this race there is a PASER Even Thursday at Inslot's Checkered Flag Raceway in Vancouver where one of the classes we're racing is the OSCAR Late Model NASCAR Class. So that gives you Thursday the 14th, and Friday the 15th to get your car dialed in and ready!

I received this note from John Gill: "As a follow-up from the PASER meeting last Saturday, just wanted to add a couple things for any newer guys thinking about entering the upcoming OSCAR NASCAR race. At OSCAR races everyone does a one minute qualifying run. Your best time puts you in the top or bottom half of the field. Each half is run as a separate race. What this means is that you will be racing against guys that are of similar level to you. It makes for some very good races within the race. And, if you win the race, you have the option of transferring to the faster half. (Twice the racing time)."