Re: PASER Even Thursday

Ok Racers. It time to put up or shut up...bring your A game because I'm sure Bob is ready to chew bubble gum and kick some a$$ and I heard he all out of bubble gum..

The secondnidator

PASER Even Thursday had a group of 10 racers come out to compete at The Gorge Raceway. First up were the Womps followed by the 4" Flexi cars utilizing LMP, GTS and GT! bodies. The racing was very, very close and we welcomed back 1 past racer, Tommy, and 1 new racer, Mark. The final results show the progress many of the racers are making on this tight and technical track. Thank you for supporting our race program.
Final Results:
Womps:
Name / Laps / Best time (Seconds)
1. Racerbob - 104.6 - 6.615 / Blue
2. Bad Billy - 103.6 - 6.290 / Purple
3. Doc - 101.9 - 6.290 / Yellow
4. Rico (Chet) - 100.7 - 6.496 / Blue
5. Captain Kirk - 96.8 - 6.506 / Purple
6. Bartman - 96.5 - 6.676 / Purple
7. Fearless Frank - 93.7 - 6.882 / Red
8. Uncle Marko - 91.7 - 6.898 / Blue
9. Tommy T. - 83.0 - 7.196 / Red
10. Timba - 81.6 - 6.871 / Blue
4" Flexi
1. Racerbob - 188.3 - 4.769 / Purple
2. Bad Billy - 187.0 - 4.681 / Blue
3. Captain Kirk - 170.2 - 5.075 / Purple
4. Rico (Chet) - 169.2 - 4.837 / Blue
5. Doc - 161.7 - 4.969 / Purple
6. Fearless Frank - 149.1 - 5.866 / Yellow
7. Bartman - 147.9 - 5.565 / Yellow
8. Timba - 138.3 - 5.640 / Blue
9. Uncle Marko - 132.9 - 6.074 / Red

That was a great race Bob! Thanks!

A fun fun race and some close finishes, what more could you ask for?

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Going miss these week race. Been told to stay off my feet as much as possible
My bad knee has issues and 2nd I don't  have car for the class. Good luck every body have fun..

The secondnidator

Vroom  Vroom  I can already smell the wintergreen and Flux in the air. Get them little rocket  ships called slot cars all tuned. Let's go racing  boogie  boogie.

The secondnidator

Well It was interesting  night of racing. Good luck all driving and racing at Bend these weekend.  Give them hell.

The secondnidator

Even Thursday racing on May 18th included an IROC Race. Frank Lynn and Tim Booze provided a set of four (plus and extra running chassis) Ford GTs for the race. The cars were modified Parma I32 chassis with injection molded 1/32 scale late model Ford GT bodies. Powered by Falcon style motors the cars were very fast and quite challenging to drive!

Turn out for the race was slim with only 6 racers. A round robin racing format was used along with track calls for deslots due to the shortage of turn marshals. It was a fun race and we'd like to thank Frank and Tim for making this happen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuFC2in-BCg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/ICFIROC1.jpg

After the IROC race we raced the Flexi Class where Bob Nak won and added to his "fence posts" on the PASER WEENER trophy!

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/ICFIROC2.jpg

For the June 8th race at Rob's Redline Raceway in Vancouver we only had 6 racers, so we raced on three of the four lanes with three turn marshals. This system worked very well on Rob's track.

Womps was the chosen class for the first race of the evening. We ran three minute heats for one round of racing (one time through all three lanes). The Womps run great on Redline Raceway! The flow of the course suits the Womps! Bob Nak and Doc tied for first with the computer settling the tie by total elapsed time to complete the round. Here are the Womp results:

1st Bob Nak. 113 laps 533.354 T-Time
2nd Doc        113       533.672
3rd John G.   110        530.419   
4th Rico        110        539.263
5th Rob         95
6th Bill          88

After the Womps had rubbered up the track the Flexi Class cars hit the track. The Flexis are unbelievably fast on Rob's layout! My car is a bullet and corners like a cat! Although I had more than my share of crashes (self inflicted) I still managed to pull out a win. John was close behind in second. Flexi results:

1st Bill           198 laps
2nd John G.    194
3rd Rob          190
4th Bob Nak.   185
5th Doc           181
6th Rico          164

In my best odd ball impressions from Kelly's  heroes.I was assaulted by those flexies.you know what I mean by assaulted,huh ? WELL I MEAN ASSAULTED.

The secondnidator

Man does anybody  dust around  here???

The secondnidator

Cough cough between the dust and cobwebs  it really  been slow. Must really be the dog days of summer.

The secondnidator

A warm summer's evening welcomed a hearty group of 5 racers to The Gorge Raceway on June 22nd,2023. The voltage for all races was set at 10.5 volts.
The ever-challenging Womp class had very close racing, with the usual cornering issues that are common with this class.
Next up were the blazing fast 4' Flexi cars. The race format consisted of 3 racers and 2 corner marshals, with a track call for hard-to-reach re-slots. The result was a challenging and fun race event. The final results:

Womps:
  Name                           Laps
1 Turing John               81.2
2. Racerbob                 78.6
3. Doc                         73.4
4, Bad Billy                  73.2
5. Rico (Chet)              70.0

4 Inch Flexi's
1. Racerbob                139.4
2. Turing John             131.4
3. Bad Billy                 131.1
4. Doc                        121.6
5. Rico (Chet)             119.5

Thanks to all who came out and made this event possible.

Great racing Bob! Thanks again!

Thanks Bob big_smile

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Yes sir I 2nd that.  Time to get those low riders up off the track surface.

The secondnidator

Due to low interest and racer turn out, the track owners decided to suspend the Even Thursday racing until the start of the new season in September. However, I have received comments from a few racers interested in racing during the summer. If there is enough interest I'm sure we could put together at least a couple races before the start of the new season in September.

Who is interested in racing before the start of the 2024 season in September?

I'm a die hard so unless I'm out of town I'm in. Also Al still running throughout  the summer so people can get there racing fix that way also. We most of us have at least one spare car to loan out.

The secondnidator

October 12th, 2023

A fun night of racing at The Gorge Raceway for PASER Even Thursday. 10 racers showed up for some door to door competition. Trans Am had 9 racers and the 4 inch Flexi's had 10. I appreciate everyone who came to support local club racing. This Saturday is Rapid Raceways season opener, The Rapid 500 for True Scale NASCAR. Doors open at 10am. Entry fee is 15.00, which includes lunch. Now for the final results:
Trans Am:
1. Racerbob - 140.1 laps
2. Bad Billy - 127.0 laps
3. Howie - 123.5 laps
4. Meat (Al) - 117.5 laps
5. Doc - 115.5 laps
6. Captain Kirk - 113.1 laps
7. Fearless Frank - 97.2 laps
8. Tiny Tim - 95.8 laps
9. Greg - 91.7 laps
3. Bad Billy - 150.0 laps
4. Howie - 142.5 laps
5. Captain Kirk - 141.0 laps
6. Fearless Frank - 131.5 laps
7. Meat (Al) - 127.0 laps
8. Stewmeat - 122.2 laps
9. Tiny Tim - 117.2 laps
10. Greg - 107.6 laps

Good turn out. It was a blast.  My Ta car was running better than  my results showed. Had the rear axile mount come loose in hero lane. And  only got 18 in. If not for that  I think 2nd was very doable. Thanks for hoisting  Bob..

The secondnidator

Last night was Even Thursday at Inslot's Checkered Flag Raceway in Vancouver. We had 9 racers in attendance starting the racing with the ever-popular Womp Class, racing three-minute heats, one time through the lane rotation. The racing in this class has always been competitive and close, and now since we adopted the use of spec motors, the field is even tighter! One of our best Womp racers (Doc) has been absent from Even Thursday races for a while. He returned to the track last night and showed he still has what it takes to put a Womp on the podium! Good to see you back Doc! Here are the results from the Womp race:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/PETIMG_7224.jpg
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/PETIMG_7225.jpg

The feature race for the night was for NASCAR hardbody cars. Under the PASER NASCAR rules, any hardbody NASCAR that complies with the rules for any of the other Oregon clubs is legal to race. This was the first race for the PASER NASCAR Class since the rules have been revised to allow the additional types of cars and chassis configuration. Last night's race was well represented by at least one entry from every club and class! A race format of four-minute heats, one time through the rotation was used to determine a winner. Here are the results:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/PETIMG_7226.jpg
http://www.naste.org/members/bill/PETIMG_7227.jpg

This is the finishing order by chassis type and class:

1st OSCAR Late Model NASCAR - McInSlot chassis (inline scratchbuilt)
2nd PASER NASCAR - Scholer chassis (anglewinder bolt together)
3rd PASER NASCAR - John Gill chassis (anglewinder scratchbuilt)
4th PASER Classic NASCAR - Hanna Econo chassis (inline scratchbuilt)
5th Northwest True Scale NASCAR - Howie chassis (big wheel anglewinder scratchbuilt)
6th OSCAR Late Model NASCAR - Rico Locati chassis (inline scratchbuilt)
7th Northwest True Scale NASCAR - 2NASTE (anglewinder bolt together)
8th OSCAR Late Model NASCAR - Tim Arnhold chassis (inline scratchbuilt)
9th PASER NASCAR - Hanna Econo chassis (inline scratchbuilt)

PASER Thursday, November 30th, saw a light turnout of 6 racers. Short on number, but high on the fun factor. 2 separate races for the Classic NASCAR class had 2 Weener points up for grabs. A format of 3 racers for 3 1/2 minutes provided plenty of time for close racing and a nerf or two. Thanks to those who came to race and support the local program.
The final results:
Race 1:
name                   laps            fast time
1st. Bad Billy        100.3          5.648
2nd. Racerbob       99.3           5.681
3rd. Doc               89.5            6.112
4th. Captain Kirk   89.1            5.894
5th. Bartman        82.2            6.130
6th. Howie            75.8            6.589       

Race 2:

1st. Racerbob       107.2           5.528
2nd. Bad Billy       100.3           5.703
3rd, Doc               93.7             6.021
4th. Captain Kirk   93.5             5.799
5th. Howie            82.5             6.625
6th. Bartman        78.5             6.269

Great time Bob! Thanks!

Yes good time. My car was a handful  to drive. Was very tight and had lots of chatter

The secondnidator

For the last Even Thursday Race of 2023, racers met up at Rob's Redline Raceway in Vancouver. It was a good turn out with 10 racers on the grid. We had one new racer (Jon) that impressed everyone with his rookie performance! The first class we raced was the ever popular Womp Class. With the recent rules update specifying the motors that are used in this class, the racing was even closer than in the past! We raced 4 minute heat races with one complete round. In the end there was a three-way tie for first place. Doc won over John by less than 6 feet! Third place was less than half a lap behind John. Three laps separated first from fifth! Here are the Womp results:

1st Doc 165 laps
2nd John 165
3rd Bill 165
4th Rob 163
5th Bob 162
6th Kirk 158
7th Bart 144
8th Jon 121
9th Tim 120
10th Gerry 113

After things settled down a bit after the Womp race the grid was set for the Flexi race. Things were not settled for long! We were set for another round of 4 minute heats, and the Flexi race quickly escalated into total chaos! Super fast lap times combined with super spectacular crashes made for spectator excitement as well as racer excitement! I had so many really hard wall hits, I was surprised my car survived and kept running! The racing was so intense and fast, Kirk actually spun a tire off one of his rear wheels! Due to this break down he was unable to finish the race and was scored as a DNF (Did Not Finish). The finish of this race was not quite as close as the Womp race, but it was definitely just as challenging! Here are the results:

1st John 205 laps
2nd Bob 198
3rd Rob 196
4th Doc 193
5th Bill 182
6th Tim 173
7th Bart 164
8th Jon 143
9th Gerry 128
10th Kirk 43 (DNF)

A big thanks to Rob for hosting this race and feeding us pizza and cookies! An awesome night of racing!