Re: GT1 class

OK Howie, what's the glue secret?????

Bill; what would the advantage be to me if I told you?

GOOD POINT!!!!.........Hey, I just ordered another chassis. Gonna sell mine to Flyin Bryan so he has one....

Bill; I was just kidding on the glue, I'll share it with anyone. It really is no secret, Gearloose turned me on to it.
On the chassis, they come in a bag full of parts, maybe you know that already. The instructions are in German!!!  I have one in a bag that I'm going to put together soon. I have a couple I can copy if I need to.

Howie - Yes, I have the bag full of parts. I haven't even started on it, Bryan mentioned he wanted one, so I told him he could buy mine. I'll be on my second chassis and I haven't even put one together yet!!!!

I heard from David Naylor the other day. He said he is going to be at your place Thursday for a tuning session on the Tifosi chassis. I have signed up to race one of David's Tifosi chassis, so my Schoeler chassis will be my backup.  -----------Bill

howie wrote:

The instructions are in German!!!

You say that as if it is a problem. "Sind wir denn nicht alle Berliner?" wink

George

--
"Get the shotgun, Martha. The herd needs a thinnin'." - Bucky Katt

GEORGE, I may be in need of your assistance!!!!!!   ---------------------Bill

Any time, Bill.

George

--

Bill, George is asking are we not all Berliners.  The US reference would be JFK at the Wall declaring "Ich bin ein Berliner".

"Big Smooth"

I'm still lost....................I think I need another drink!!!!

Who needs instructions anyway????!!!!!!!!

Gentlemen; I can hardly do the english lingo. let alone a foreign one. I am glad I have a chassis to copy as there is short screws and long screws. It just made the asembly a breeze.
Hope to see you all tonight, George, it is not too late to fly in if you hurry.

I wish I could. I have a Toyota R88C that I have been saving for years now. I may stop by sometime just to catch up and watch.

George

--

Fellow racers; we had a decent turn out last night for the 1st. GT-1 test. A lot of questions were answered and plans being made. There were some beautiful and fast cars. There were some under construction cars. I was impressed, this class is going to be a lot of fun!!!
George, if you make it here, we will find you a car to race. You would surely get the long distance award!!!

Fellow racers; thanks to all for the great turnout last night ( Aug. 20 ) for the GT-1 practice. Lot of fine looking cars and some under construction. By my observation a fun time was had by all. I'll post some pictures on the OSCAR site as soon as I re-learn how to do it!! To get to Rapid Raceway on the OSCAR site, click on tracks then Rapid Raceway.
I'll have one more GT-1 practice closer to the Sept. 25 GT-1 race date.  I'll post it here and the OSCAR site.

Fellow racers; the next and last practice at Rapid Raceway for the GT-1 is on the 16th. of Sept. Doors open at 5:00pm.
Hope to see you there.

Fellow racers; the first GT-1 race is this Friday night ( Sept. 25th. ). Doors open at 5:00pm. Hope to see you all here.

Fellow racers; the first GT-1 race went real well. We had 13 racers with a couple new racers.
Flying Bryan took top honors. There were a lot of bugs to work out with a lot of the cars. It was a fun race with no teching of the cars and everyone as far as I know and heard had a lot of fun and are looking forward to the next GT-1 race.

Fellow racers; the second GT-1 race on the 9th. of Oct. went quite well with 17 racers ready for battle. Touring John took this one by less than a lap over Beau, I was a lap down for third. Results and pictures are on the OSCAR site under tracks/ Rapid Raceway.
See ya, Howie.

44 (edited by howieandsandy@yahoo.com November 27, 2009 9:18 pm)

Fellow racers: due to a lack of entrants, I have cancelled all the Sat. night PASER races at Rapid Raceway. Sorry for the inconvenience. The GT-1 schedule will go as planned.

Fellow racers; I was going to spice things up a bit and put a picture or two of a GT-1 race but couldn't figure out how. Any way have a good 2010!!!

Happy New Year Howie!!!!!   -------------------Bill

Fellow racers; for those who may show up at this Friday's GT-1 race ( Jan.22nd. ) bring your NASCAR, I will make room for them this race.

Hey; I can tell you it is nice in New Mexico, no slot stuff, but it is nice.
See ya in a week or so.

Glad to hear you had a fun and safe trip. 

CU at the races
Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Fellow racers; I guess it is about time to update the GT-1 page. Let me say that we have been having a very successful racing season with this class. We always get a good turn out. I hope with help to add a few current pictures to this site.
We have decided to add the Parma S16D motor to the class this season as the Falcon 7 did not last long.
If any of you have an interest in this class, please feel free to stop by and take a look. Our next scheduled GT-1 race is Apr. 23rd. Doors open at 5:00 pm. Racing starts at about 7 ish. I will with help post some pictures of the race on this site.
There are some really nice looking cars and Monte has one of the best, both in looks and handling. Do you want to sell that car Monte?

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/Picture015.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/Picture016.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/Picture017.jpg