No penguins were harmed.
Some may have been embarrassed...............
You are not logged in. Please login or register.
The NASTE Forum → Posts by wb0s
No penguins were harmed.
Some may have been embarrassed...............
At this point I took a break from working on ICFR and moved my old HO track out into the sun.
She's not in too bad (pun intended) of shape considering she's hasn't been raced on in 12 years, went through a move, and a year of unconditioned storage. Today she got some work done on her frame. She is now on casters, and now lives under her mother track.
Here she is tucked nicely away.
Yesterday I finished up the paint work on Inslot's Checkered Flag. Today I finished up a few details. I was able to remove all but one of the original stickers from the old side board/ fences I replaced around the bank, opposite end curve, and down the back straight, and re-apply them to the new side boards in the same positions. I'm keeping the track as close to original as possible.


Inslot's Checkered Flag is now ready for testing!
Thanks for the info Zack!
That sounds like a good idea Mitch. I sent Alan at the Scale Auto Racing Center an email message asking for recommendations regarding tires. I have not heard back from him yet so i guess I'll just go ahead and order a couple different sets also.
Monte, Dorothy, and Jeff trackside.
Tracy puttin' on his race face!
Jeff, Dorothy, and Mitch getting ready for the start of the next heat race.
See....he's not asleep!
The famous Vlasic pickle stand...
Terry just looks like he's asleep...Mitch is keeping an eye on him between heat races.
Zack is the up and coming fast guy!
Monte and Jeff yuckin' it up!
Evidently you can distinguish Hillsboro rocks by the pretty colors.....
Penguin Point Raceway scenery.
Mitch in position to turn marshal.
It is always a fun time at Penguin Point Raceway in Hillsboro. Excellent racing, great friends, and really good pizza, along with terrific snacks! Thanks for all the racing today Monte! Tell Victoria we missed her!
Penguin Point Raceway 2019.

The pit area.
Victoria's secrete.......NASTE penguins.....EVERYWHERE!
Actually I am known for bagging lead!
You guys are giving me WAY too much credit!
Zack, I love these "how to" articles! Done a few myself, of course I'm not known for my building or tuning skills! Please keep them coming! Someday when I get done with the new track and get the shop somewhat organized I will be back to buildin' cars!
Thanks for posting Zack!
After you finishing sanding on the pod in the motor area, does the motor still fit really tight, or does it allow for the motor to drop in more easily? Just trying to get an idea of how much material to remove.
Been rough on me too! Put in a couple hours on the creeper again yesterday. Didn't bother my back 40 years ago!
Side boards/fences - done.


Wiring - done.

Tomorrow I start the the final painting.
I replaced the side board around the top of the banked curve. I re-installed more of the original side boards at the bottom of the bank and down the bottom straight. I replaced a portion of the side board around the bottom of the bank with clear plexiglass to help improve the driver's sight line of the track.


I worked on the track's side boards and right side infield. New side board on the right side end curve, and finish off the build on the new infield. Getting close to more painting.


Every once in awhile someone will mention or ask about Art. Art Baethke was a a character that added to the experience of racing at BSCC. He was always interesting to talk to and fun to be around. I just heard from his son that Art passed away in 2016. RIP.
Boy, things definitely got ugly last night! Oops, my mistake. Actually I broke the axle mount, not the axle itself. Thankfully I have a lot less work ahead than Howie in the way of repairs!
Since there is now access all the way around the track for corner marshalling, I decided to eliminate the "hole" at the right end of the track. The turn can be easily marshalled from both sides now.


Today I finished up the wall for the back straight. Just needs paint.


I also replaced the 1/8" side board opposite the back straight on the right end of the track. I think this will also be a high traffic area where damage to the thinner side board material could occur.


I only installed the 1/2" board on the straights where cars should not be impacting the side boards head on.
Hey Y'all,
I'd like to invite you to an Open House to celebrate the re-opening of Bob McFarland's Checkered Flag Raceway in its new location here in Vancouver Washington on Saturday April 27th.
The track will now be known as; Inslot's Checkered Flag Raceway and will be open all day long on the 27th. This is an open invitation for PASER, OSCAR, Rapid Raceway, NASTE, and any other interested racers to come see the reassembled track and test run "whatever they brung". I know I don't have everyone's contact info, so if you know of someone that used to race at Bob's, or would be interested in seeing the track in its new home, please pass this message along.
Food and snacks will be provided, so come visit, run some cars around the track, and just plan on having a good ol' time!
Doors will open at 9:00 A.M. and we'll shut down after the last visitor leaves!
The new address is: 8417 N.E. 65th Cir. Vancouver, Washington 98662.
For more info feel free to call me. Phone: 503-803-6850
======Bill Bostic
I broke the front axle on my chassis last night Mitch, so you're not alone!
Short videos of the Early Modifieds races on March 9th 2019:
Here's some short videos from the NASCAR race on March 9th 2019:
The NASTE Forum → Posts by wb0s
Powered by PunBB, supported by Informer Technologies, Inc.