NSR- It's the same purple one I've had for a while. I just painted the roof and added the decals and some other detailing. I had lost the rear wing so I made one fit that was a spare off of my Scalextric Aston Martin.
1,102 July 4, 2010 3:35 pm
Topic: Penguin Point Raceway - First Sunday Series Results - July (14 replies, posted in Penguin Point Raceway)
What could more American on the Fourth of July than a good ol' knock out, drag down slot car race? Thanks to Monte and Victoria that's exactly what we did and had hot dawgs and hanburgers too! As always a good time was had by all including those dressed as elephants. The highlight of the day was Monte grabbing a weapon and sprinting, yes I said sprinting, to the back yard. What caused such a turmoil? Why the mere mention of a Blue Heron in the Koi pond of course.
Thanks again
Rico
1,104 July 4, 2010 7:11 am
Re: New Track Under Construction at TooBad Motorplex in Fairview (178 replies, posted in Track)
Is there time for working on the track during this "vacation"?
1,105 July 1, 2010 2:10 pm
Re: New Track Under Construction at TooBad Motorplex in Fairview (178 replies, posted in Track)
Hey Mike- the link is on the Naste Home Page right under the picture. Then click on "new track at TooBad Motorplex". It's not in the forum section.
Rico
1,106 June 27, 2010 10:00 am
Re: NASTE for 2011 (61 replies, posted in NASTE)
I'd go with Oct 9 and Jan 8. Looks to be the best date spacing to me.
Rico
1,107 June 26, 2010 6:35 am
Re: FLY Truck Proxy Race live from Willow Park (1 replies, posted in Events)
While on vacation my daughter got signed up for a soccer tournament today, so I have to play soccer dad.
Rico
1,108 June 25, 2010 9:35 am
Topic: Finalized Fly Classic Rules (0 replies, posted in BSCC)
Hello Racers:
After many sleepless nights, arguments and fist fights, ok I
1,109 June 20, 2010 3:37 pm
Re: NASTE for 2011 (61 replies, posted in NASTE)
YES, Thanks Jeff for hosting a very entertaining race, loved the Falcon 7's.
Rico
1,110 June 17, 2010 12:53 pm
Re: New Track Under Construction at TooBad Motorplex in Fairview (178 replies, posted in Track)
Bill- First chance I've had to look at the pics. That is looking really nice, great job. I can't wait to give it a try.
Rico
1,111 June 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Re: Schedule Gone Out Of Bounds... (13 replies, posted in Penguin Point Raceway)
Have you actually sat down and looked at a 2011 calender? I don't see where any of the 1st Sundays fall on an actual holiday. July and September are holiday weekends but not the holiday itself. Looking ahead to July of this year. The 1st Sunday is the 4th but what could be more American than having a slot car race? The rest of the year looks pretty clear except Labor Day weekend in September where it's not the actual holiday. This will be an issue every year because Labor Day falls on the first weekend of Sept. The end of my smart remarks.
Rico
1,112 June 7, 2010 10:03 am
Re: Penguin Point Raceway - First Sunday Series Results - June (1 replies, posted in Penguin Point Raceway)
Thanks to Monte and Victoria for "hosting" the race, a great job as usual. See you all next month at the Pen.
Rico
1,113 June 3, 2010 9:53 am
Topic: June 1st Sunday Series (0 replies, posted in Penguin Point Raceway)
Howdy friends.
The race originally scheduled for this Sunday at Penguin Point Raceway is instead going to be held at Rico and AJ's Autumn Hills Raceway in Milwaukie. We're moving there since it's also the site of AJ's graduation party. So come on out and race some Fly Classics with us and welcome AJ into the real world.
Track opens at 2pm and we'll start racing as soon as we get a crowd.
1,114 May 28, 2010 7:13 pm
Re: NASTE for 2011 (61 replies, posted in NASTE)
You might add Rapid Raceway aka Howie to the list. Sundays might not work real well for me plus they might conflict with Monte and Victorias First Sunday Series. If you settle on the 1st Saturday, you could always shove the New Years race back one weekend. There's also the 2nd and 4th Saturday still not discussed.
Rico
1,115 May 23, 2010 8:44 pm
Re: Lessons we sometimes re- learn... (26 replies, posted in Track)
Excellent work Bill- keep it up.
1,116 May 21, 2010 12:10 pm
Re: NASTE for 2011 (61 replies, posted in NASTE)
I'm good with it all. Let me know what you need me to do and put me down for a race.
Rico
1,117 May 17, 2010 10:32 am
Re: Lessons we sometimes re- learn... (26 replies, posted in Track)
MDF = HEAVY.............picked up 3 more sheets..............
Hey Bill, it's a LOT lighter if you put them down. BTW crap out both ends? Probably in your special case.
Rico
1,118 May 17, 2010 7:00 am
Re: Lessons we sometimes re- learn... (26 replies, posted in Track)
Jeez, I thought it was Multi Directional Fibre.
1,119 May 14, 2010 10:48 am
Re: Fly Classics - What I Have Learned (3 replies, posted in BSCC)
The Sloter website is no more and it is rumoured they are out of biz according to some posts on SCXWW.
1,120 May 9, 2010 1:59 pm
Re: Lessons we sometimes re- learn... (26 replies, posted in Track)
Me thinks you might be a little out of practice.........
1,121 May 8, 2010 7:24 am
Re: Lessons we sometimes re- learn... (26 replies, posted in Track)
I keep it at the 8-plex that you helped me on for the furnace and the gas leak. It can be broken down into two pieces so it will fit in the Toaster.
1,122 May 7, 2010 9:42 pm
Re: Lessons we sometimes re- learn... (26 replies, posted in Track)
Mine is at least 8' long- the offers still there.
1,123 May 7, 2010 6:54 pm
Re: Lessons we sometimes re- learn... (26 replies, posted in Track)
I have a good aluminum straight edge for routing if you want to borrow it.
1,124 May 6, 2010 9:45 pm
Re: NASTE 2010 Schedule (12 replies, posted in NASTE)
In regards to "Are you willing to be part of the solution?", I guess I don't fully understand the problem? I didn't think there was a problem, I'm just not sure what road NASTE should go down next season, or if it should even turn a tire?
There appears to be a lot of viewers on this topic. I'd sure like to hear from some of the newer racers also! ---------------------------Bill
That is what I was trying to say- we need some more input, not that there is a problem, sorry for the poor choice of words. Look at the user list and the number of posts for each user. This forum is for everyone, not just the top three users.
Rico
1,125 May 6, 2010 9:12 am
Re: NASTE 2010 Schedule (12 replies, posted in NASTE)
Maybe Naste is at a cross roads? Most of the long time Naste racers are primarily 1/24 racers while the newer members are more 1/32 based. We only raced on one 1/24 track this year (two times once the season is over) and the rest have/will been/be 1/32. I do think that some of the 1/24 track owners would be willing to host a Naste event, they just need to be asked. This subject came up at the last GT-1 race at Howie's. That being said, how many of the the 1/24 guys are willing to run 1/32 on a consistant basis?
Once again, I'm raising more questions than answers, but the way I see it is that the 1/24 and 1/32 groups need to come to some kind of consensus or we will not be able to get this done. Keep in mind this is just my opinion based on what I've seen/heard in the relatively short time I've been racing with all of you. Are you willing to be part of the solution?
Rico