Congrats Stan! Have a great trip.
51 July 11, 2023 9:55 pm
Re: One More Time- the 2023 Portland Adult Soapbox Derby and YOU!!! (9 replies, posted in NASTE)
52 July 11, 2023 6:52 pm
Re: One More Time- the 2023 Portland Adult Soapbox Derby and YOU!!! (9 replies, posted in NASTE)
I suppose that would be helpful info to share... The third Sat of Aug, so the 19th this year.
I will be there very early again but the circus doesn't really start until 9-ish.
53 July 11, 2023 6:10 am
Topic: One More Time- the 2023 Portland Adult Soapbox Derby and YOU!!! (9 replies, posted in NASTE)
Yes, it's that time of the year again. I am looking for people who want to spend a Saturday on Mt Tabor with me. I think this will actually be my last year even if I don't break the record... Too much other stuff to do.
This is the first year I am recycling the car, so no new build. It will be last year's car with some tweaks to try to eek out the needed 0.2 seconds to break the record.
Looking for volunteers to help with the team on the hill for the day. Don't need anyone for the derby volunteer position, just for the Scuderia. Responsibilities vary, but it's nothing overly demanding. Hours are also flexible- don't need to show up at daybreak, dont' need to stay all day... If you're willing to contribute, I'll be appreciative.
Letting me know you'll be there will get you a T-shirt. I know, what a payday!!
With a sales job like that, I know you won't be able to resist. So who's in?
54 April 29, 2023 6:40 pm
Re: NASTE 2023 Point Series Championship - Results & Standings (37 replies, posted in NASTE)
Sorry to not make it gents.... I had planned on it but was up to my ear holes in a project and lost track of time.
55 February 6, 2023 5:42 am
Re: Portland Adult Soapbox Derby 2022 and YOU!! (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Definitely some cool ones though:
56 February 6, 2023 5:41 am
Re: Portland Adult Soapbox Derby 2022 and YOU!! (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Official derby pics are finally up:
https://desomer.smugmug.com/Events/PDX- … rby-2022-/
Favorite one is of me and my dad:
57 January 22, 2023 10:51 pm
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread (2,208 replies, posted in NASTE)
revo slot gt so yes it good to go
Excellent. Now I have to tune it....
58 January 22, 2023 10:13 am
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread (2,208 replies, posted in NASTE)
Nice looking car there Chris.
Thanks, but all I did was buy it though. I actually splurged on the one where the rear clip was also painted.
There are enough types of Revo's there could be multiple classes.
Agreed, but while I have been away, there has been a bit of restructuring of the classes and Classics 2 (where these would naturally land) has apparently gone away and the PGE sportscar class is now Policar only (the other natural fit for these cars). The vintage Revo's don't fit Classics 1 due to their multi-piece chassis and I am not seeing another class where they'd be legal.
I think the Alfa may qualify for Trans Am, but it's not truly within the intent of the rules as I believe they were written (one-piece plastic chassis cars like Scaley's or Ninco's).
I was looking at picking one up but it would be silly to do so with no class in which to race it.
59 January 22, 2023 12:15 am
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread (2,208 replies, posted in NASTE)
And asking for a friend... Is there a class in which the Revoslot Alfa's, Escorts, and BMW's are legal?
60 January 21, 2023 11:53 pm
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread (2,208 replies, posted in NASTE)
Checking on the new Revoslot class, is the 911 GT1 not legal?

61 January 20, 2023 11:53 am
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread (2,208 replies, posted in NASTE)
Yes indeed, it was good to be back! Thanks as always to Al for hosting and to the gang for being a great time. I must say I was fairly shocked at how well my cars ran after sitting for what has to have been at least a year, with my PGE car obviously being tuned well enough that a caveman could drive it.
I will be putting more of a conscious effort into getting back to the basement, despite all the irons I have in the various fires. It was good to catch up with you guys and great to get out racing again.
I will be taking a closer read through the new class structures to see which cars fit which categories. It might be Christmas all over again...
62 October 17, 2022 10:32 pm
Re: The 2022 24 Hours of Tacoma (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
It's now Stan and me plus an out of towner Tony from the SCI forum.
Is anyone interested in maybe even marshalling for us if an hour of racing is too long? Any extra bodies would be excellent!
63 October 1, 2022 9:18 pm
Re: The 2022 24 Hours of Tacoma (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Gang,
So far it's still just Stan and me. Entry is covered, please come play on the team! Anyone else interested?
CK
64 September 12, 2022 3:38 am
Re: The 2022 24 Hours of Tacoma (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
This just in...
Dates are November 10-13, 2022
Do those dates work for you Stan?
Anyone else- who's in?
Full info: https://132slotcar.us/the-7th-annual-br … -of-tacoma
65 September 11, 2022 6:56 pm
Topic: The 2022 24 Hours of Tacoma (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Hey gang,
Who is joining me this year? I am working on getting the actual dates from Alan but I am entering a team. I know I haven't been around too much but this event I will not miss.
Post here or otherwise let me know if you're interested.
Chris
66 August 30, 2022 6:24 am
Re: 2023 naste championship (14 replies, posted in NASTE)
From the corner which hasn't been racing in forever...
Why limit the scratch build to brass and 3d prints. What if I scratched up a styrene chassis and fitted a pod to it?
I would like to see a place for the Revo's. They should fit into the LMP class for both the GT and their GT1/LMP cars (based on years, I think), and I love the idea of them being set up for Classics II competition.
CK
67 August 23, 2022 3:21 pm
Re: Portland Adult Soapbox Derby 2022 and YOU!! (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Stolen shamelessly from said article:
The Mark VIII:
And Jenny "Third Degree" Burns:
68 August 21, 2022 7:28 pm
Re: Portland Adult Soapbox Derby 2022 and YOU!! (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
No record, but improved my personal best to 71.3 seconds.
Oh yeah, and still won it again.
Thanks to Stan and Rico their help, regardless of how unglamorous the tasks I requested.
Things went well all day and the car and Michael (my pusher) were great. I am off with my dad for a few days but will update when I get back.
Another fun derby in the books!
CK
69 August 15, 2022 8:13 pm
Re: Portland Adult Soapbox Derby 2022 and YOU!! (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Canopy secured!! Thanks Bill!!!
70 August 14, 2022 7:04 pm
Re: Portland Adult Soapbox Derby 2022 and YOU!! (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Gang,
Still seeking a canopy if you're willing to lend for the day.
CK
71 August 6, 2022 10:53 pm
Re: Portland Adult Soapbox Derby 2022 and YOU!! (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Stan- It'd be fantastic to see you on the hill and will have a shirt ready for you. I think we're good from an assistance perspective prior to the event. We did our testing last week and it went well enough, so I think we're good.
Bill - You've already paid for your shirt many times over (and your money's no good to me anyway). You will absolutely be getting a shirt.
Anyone else heading to the hill on 8/20? Anyone from Vancouver? Dick Gehrke is interested in attending but is looking for a ride to the show. He lives about a mile west of I -5 and a mile south of the fair grounds.
Chris
72 August 2, 2022 6:48 pm
Re: Portland Adult Soapbox Derby 2022 and YOU!! (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
OK, it's time to order T-shirts. I know that's not a terribly lucrative reward for a day in the sun but I'd like to make sure anyone who's willing to spend the day with me at least has something to show for it. Please let me know by Fri if you think you'll be on the hill 8/20.
And for those who are wondering what this year's car looks like, it's a big brick of a car which I call "the Full Monte" and it's painted a bright yellow.
Just kidding.
It's white with red and clearly pretty sleek, based on the numbers we've seen at testing.
I give you the Scuderia Kouba Mk VIII:
Our prior top speed, set with the 2019 car, was 53.2 at our Larch Mountain site. Last week we crushed that with a 60.3 mph pass. This car is FAST!!
73 July 25, 2022 12:39 am
Re: Portland Adult Soapbox Derby 2022 and YOU!! (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
So it's been a week since I posted. Is anyone planning to join me on the hill this year? As I wrote above, the volunteer slot is already filled, so no need to worry about being drafted into service for that.
Basically I am looking to make sure I have enough shirts ordered for whoever wants to be a part of the team.
74 July 18, 2022 10:14 pm
Re: Portland Adult Soapbox Derby 2022 and YOU!! (17 replies, posted in NASTE)
Hey All,
Just checking in...
I know I haven't been racing much these days. This has been due to many factors, one of which being the building of the Scuderia Mk VIII. It has been going well, and we just had our first test day with extremely pleasing results. It's a fairly bad-ass car and it eke'd out a new top speed for the section we test on- despite the horrid deterioration of the pavement.
There have been no replies to this post, but at this point you don't need to worry about volunteer assignments and working FOR the derby AT the derby. The volunteer slot for the Scuderia has been filled by Andreas (2019's 3rd place driver), so many thanks to him!! He's getting a Fri eve volunteer shift and will be on the hill with us, and Michael has signed on to be a pusher.
What I am looking to know is if anyone is interested in being under the tent on derby day- helping out in the pits with me. There will be some T-shirts made this year- so if you need some new threads, this would be one way to get some.
Also, I forget who has lent me an easy up shelter in the past, but if anyone has one and is willing to lend if for the day, I would appreciate that.
Hope all is well!
Chris
75 July 12, 2022 10:05 pm
Re: NASTE 2022 Point Series Championship - Results & Standings (31 replies, posted in NASTE)
Congrats Doc, it's been a long time coming. You'll need to change your signature now!