Speculation is rampant...
352 November 3, 2017 11:06 am
Re: BRM 1/24 Trans Am cars now available (15 replies, posted in Cars)
Is it everyone's opinion that these will be what we race in Tacoma? Or do you suppose the cars will be Revo Slots?
353 November 3, 2017 11:05 am
Re: Oregon Donors Needed Nov 9-12 (24 replies, posted in NASTE)
I'll be coming up Thurs. PM (around 5-ish probably). How big's the van? And would it be uncomfortable for you? If so, I'll pursue alternate digs.
354 November 1, 2017 7:19 am
Re: Oregon Donors Needed Nov 9-12 (24 replies, posted in NASTE)
Chris, when are you planning on showing up? And will you have the same "lodgings" as previous years? If so, may I continue my guest status?
Stan
355 October 20, 2017 12:04 pm
Re: Odd Thursday (21 replies, posted in Events)
To be fair to myself, I did have a sub-7-second lap in the BRM race, about .2 off Rico's best lap, so there's that...
356 October 20, 2017 9:38 am
Re: Odd Thursday (21 replies, posted in Events)
Thanks to Al for a great night of racing! And I made the podium twice—third in one race and second in another! Of course it helps to only have four racers for the night....
![]()
357 September 26, 2017 9:09 pm
Re: Oregon Donors Needed Nov 9-12 (24 replies, posted in NASTE)
It's usually an attempted 10a start...
358 September 25, 2017 9:30 pm
Re: Oregon Donors Needed Nov 9-12 (24 replies, posted in NASTE)
Oh my goodness! How could you believe that I wouldn't be there to be the worst driver on the team? Who else could you get to drag everyone down?
I'm IN!!
359 July 14, 2017 6:02 pm
Re: Odd Thursday at Al's (8 replies, posted in Cars)
I will echo Mitch's thanks to Al for a great night of racing (for everyone else...not me—it's been too long since I held a controller!). It's always great racing at the Rippin' Ridin' Raceway!
360 June 23, 2017 11:05 am
Re: Discussion of Classic Sports Cars ECT. (28 replies, posted in Cars)
Mitch, I'm sitting here at my desk looking at my Ninco Jag XK120 and Testa Rossa and wondering how to make them go faster. Maybe your idea of "motoring down" is a good one? Or perhaps we allow chassis mods to let these things compete with the more technologically advanced cars available today. Worth talking about, I think.
361 June 4, 2017 5:41 am
Re: NASTE Gravity Racer Program (306 replies, posted in NASTE)
The world is going to be Kouba-fied!!
362 June 4, 2017 5:39 am
Re: proxy thoughts (7 replies, posted in NASTE)
Since my time seems to be freeing up a bit in the near future, I would be interested in doing something like this. I recently dug out my Ninco Porsche 356 and found that it has no motor (stolen for some other Ninco car, apparently), so I could easily convert it to something else...
363 May 16, 2017 6:16 am
Re: TooBad Motorplex is GONE!....Too Bad! (14 replies, posted in Too Bad Motorplex)
A sad day for slot racing. Really liked that track!
364 May 11, 2017 6:39 am
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread (2,208 replies, posted in NASTE)
Guys, I seem to have mislaid Al's address. Could someone please post it here? I may actually be able to race tonight!
365 February 10, 2017 12:24 am
Topic: Thespian in your midst (1 replies, posted in Slot Talk)
NASTE members may have noticed that I have been conspicuously absent for several weeks now. It's not for lack of desire for racing; that's still high on my list of fun things to do...but I've been otherwise occupied.
I will be appearing in a production of "Circle Mirror Transformation," a play by Annie Baker, a Pulitzer Prize winner, on the Central Stage (at the Chehalem Cultural Center) in Newberg, February 24-26, March 3-5 and 10-12. The production is staged by Valley Repertory Theater. The cast—excepting yours truly—is uniformly excellent. :^)
The play is described thus:
"When four lost New Englanders who enroll in Marty's six-week-long community-center drama class begin to experiment with harmless games, hearts are quietly torn apart, and tiny wars of epic proportion are waged and won. A beautifully crafted diorama, a petri dish in which we see, with hilarious detail and clarity, the antic sadness of a motley quintet."
Tickets are $12/$15/$18 for all performances; Sunday matinee 2/26 is sold out. Tickets can be ordered at the Valley Rep website here: https://apps.vendini.com/ticket-softwar … babf5032b5
It's actually a very interesting play; fun, dramatic and emotional at the same time. I'd love to see some of you attend!
Thanks,
Stan Smith
366 November 18, 2016 11:19 pm
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread (2,208 replies, posted in NASTE)
Thanks, guys! It appears that nerfing is the ONLY talent I possess (that, and finishing last...)
I must thank Bill for loaning me his controller while mine was being repaired in Tacoma, and Chris K for helping me set up my birthday Slot-It GT40. Hopefully, it'll be competitive in the next GT race I can attend...
Too many dogs!
367 November 16, 2016 10:28 pm
Re: BRM Racing in Tacoma 11/10-13 - The 2016 24h of Tacoma (43 replies, posted in Events)
Plum
368 October 30, 2016 10:51 pm
Re: BRM Racing in Tacoma 11/10-13 - The 2016 24h of Tacoma (43 replies, posted in Events)
Good to know. I will be up there sometime on Thursday. Thanks again!
369 October 29, 2016 3:04 pm
Re: BRM Racing in Tacoma 11/10-13 - The 2016 24h of Tacoma (43 replies, posted in Events)
Chris, will you be having your camper truck this time? And if so, same arrangements as last year?
Stan
370 October 15, 2016 3:57 pm
Re: NASTE Gravity Racer Program (306 replies, posted in NASTE)
Looking fabulous, Chris!
371 October 14, 2016 11:00 am
Re: may be if i was on crack (6 replies, posted in For Sale or Trade)
Yes, Rico, that might be a bone of contention...
372 September 28, 2016 2:21 pm
Re: BRM Racing in Tacoma 11/10-13 - The 2016 24h of Tacoma (43 replies, posted in Events)
Just to clarify; I'm definitely IN!
373 September 19, 2016 2:37 pm
Re: BRM Racing in Tacoma 9/23-24 (17 replies, posted in Events)
Got out of town family visiting, so I won't be able to be there. Dang!!
374 September 8, 2016 10:02 pm
Re: EVEN Thursday Racing at TooBad Motorplex THIS Thursday Sept. 8th! (13 replies, posted in Events)
Sounds like fun! Sorry I missed it!
375 August 28, 2016 11:51 pm
Re: BRM Racing in Tacoma 9/23-24 (17 replies, posted in Events)
Chris, I have my calendar blocked off for the 24-hour race. I will definitely be in Tacoma for that one. Have to see whether there are too many dogs for the Sept race.