I think that Dave (RC designer) developed RC using Trackmate as his defining interface, as that is what he had to begin with. So it might be that there's something in the software that is Trackmate-specific. I use RC with a DS-300 interface and have never had an issue either.
302 January 7, 2019 9:00 pm
Topic: Race Coordinator Power Issue (3 replies, posted in Track)
Here's a thread from SlotForum about the Race Coordinator power cutout issue that some have experienced. There's a discussion about what may cause it and how it can be corrected:
303 January 3, 2019 9:25 am
Re: Beginner's Luck? (3 replies, posted in Cars)
I've been very impressed with the quality of the prints, and the printer itself is CHEAP, as far as 3d printers go. For less than $350, you get a printer that can print anything that you could get from Shapeways or Olifer. At home. For less. The prints take a long time, but I'm retired!
It's a Creality Ender 3, made in China (of course), but the kit is very well supplied (lots of spares, which is nice), relatively easy to build if you follow one of the many youtube videos on how to do it, and there is a great community of printer folks already out there who have made a lot of printable improvements already.
PS: the $350 price I quoted is actually with some upgrades that I'm getting. The normal price is less than $250.
304 January 2, 2019 11:19 pm
Topic: Beginner's Luck? (3 replies, posted in Cars)
Okay, I know this isn't strictly slot-related (yet), but this is an example of what my new 3d printer can do (it's the test model supplied by the manufacturer). In a couple of weeks, I'll be getting some stronger filament, and then I can possibly start to print some chassis parts.
[url]
[/url]
305 December 11, 2018 8:16 am
Re: Checkered Flag Raceway to Move to Vancouver (63 replies, posted in InSlot's Checkered Flag Raceway)
Bill: I'll be out of the state from 12/17-1/5 or so. But free pretty much after that.
306 December 10, 2018 2:47 pm
Re: Checkered Flag Raceway to Move to Vancouver (63 replies, posted in InSlot's Checkered Flag Raceway)
Willing to help as well, Bill, just need to have an open date when you need me. (And being retired, I have a lot of "open dates.") Looks like a great track!
307 December 1, 2018 1:38 pm
Re: IROC January 19, 2019 (9 replies, posted in Events)
I don't necessarily have any "strong" desire for any type of car. I'd be happy with 4 that ran equally well together. So Flys, Slot-its, anything that's equal in performance is fine with me. We should probably race something with a fair ground clearance, as the track is still a little bumpy (though my Slot-It Mazda, which is as low as they go doesn't seem to ever have a problem. Go figure).
So whatever anybody thinks is fair is good for me.
Thanks for the offers!
308 December 1, 2018 9:51 am
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread (2,208 replies, posted in NASTE)
"An dark . . . an dark. . . . It hurt me and it was so cold . . . so
quiet I could hear myself."
—"Rogue Moon" by Algys Budrys
Wonderful science fiction story: https://epdf.tips/algis-budrys-rogue-mo … 55688.html
309 November 30, 2018 3:49 pm
Topic: IROC January 19, 2019 (9 replies, posted in Events)
I have an IROC race scheduled for 1/19/19. Since the IROC is supposed to be equal cars on all lanes, that pre-supposes that the host has cars to match. Unfortunately, I don't have 4 equal cars in ANY class; is there someone who could provide the proper runners for my 1/19 race?
(I could provide 4 "mostly-equal" Artin cars, but they might not be too much fun at this stage; need new tires.)
310 November 22, 2018 11:37 am
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread (2,208 replies, posted in NASTE)
Or you could be eating this:
311 November 5, 2018 1:55 pm
Re: NASTE 2019 IROC Season Announced (8 replies, posted in NASTE)
Monte:
I can do January 19 if nobody else is interested.
312 November 5, 2018 11:07 am
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing (91 replies, posted in Race Rules)
I’ll bring one (SCX) along next time to see how it does, and you can tell me if it has a chance
313 November 5, 2018 7:21 am
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing (91 replies, posted in Race Rules)
If I replace SCX dull throbbing slow motors with something Carrera comparable?
314 November 4, 2018 10:47 pm
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing (91 replies, posted in Race Rules)
Question re: DTM cars. I have some SCX DTM cars; they are not Carerras, but may be comparable. Would it be possible to race them instead in the DTM class?
315 October 25, 2018 7:40 am
Re: Springwater Raceway Track Set Up Progress (10 replies, posted in Springwater Raceway)
Bill, where is Springwater Raceway located? Looks like a nice track!
316 October 5, 2018 8:45 am
Topic: 24 Hours of Tacoma? (3 replies, posted in Events)
I'm assuming since Chris is not taking this over as he has in the past, that no one is thinking of going? No representation by the Oregon Donors?
317 October 5, 2018 5:58 am
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread (2,208 replies, posted in NASTE)
Well, I'll bring it on 10/25 then. Doc, get help!
318 October 3, 2018 6:32 am
Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread (2,208 replies, posted in NASTE)
Off topic on this thread, but it's one everybody reads...
Jeff, you left your chrome Fly Porsche 908 at my track after last Saturday's race. I'll bring it to the 10/11 Thursday race if I don't have a conflict.
319 September 30, 2018 9:29 pm
Re: Race at Autodromo Rossa Colline? (22 replies, posted in Events)
Thanks to everyone who showed up! It was a fun evening, even though we had some issues with a bumpy track. I hope to have them ironed out soon, so that the next time will satisfy the "Big Smooth" in all of us!
320 September 29, 2018 9:02 am
Re: Race at Autodromo Rossa Colline? (22 replies, posted in Events)
Any chance of getting a count of who might be coming tonight? Please let me know if you read this.
Remember that there are three speed bumps on Herring Lane; be watchful. The gate code is 1956# and it opens toward you. There's lots of parking around the shop.
321 September 27, 2018 3:49 pm
Re: 2018-2019 Championship Season (42 replies, posted in NASTE)
Mitch, so sorry to hear that!! Here's to a speedy and full recovery!
322 September 24, 2018 2:36 pm
Re: 2018-2019 Championship Season (42 replies, posted in NASTE)
I may or may not be there on Thursday (wine tasting in the Washington wine country), but I vote BRM as well.
323 September 17, 2018 2:27 pm
Re: 2018-2019 Championship Season (42 replies, posted in NASTE)
We'll need to get a stock of purple ink for our fingers...
324 September 15, 2018 9:02 pm
Re: 2018-2019 Championship Season (42 replies, posted in NASTE)
Class 1 II
325 September 14, 2018 10:17 pm
Re: 2018-2019 Championship Season (42 replies, posted in NASTE)
1, 3, 7, 8, 10
Yeah, that's 5.