Topic: Race Coordinator Power Issue

Here's a thread from SlotForum about the Race Coordinator power cutout issue that some have experienced. There's a discussion about what may cause it  and how it can be corrected:

https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index. … opic=88882

Re: Race Coordinator Power Issue

It does not appear they have found an adequate solution from what I read.

UR30 will be installed soon and we'll see if there is a connection - no pun intended.

"Big Smooth"

I know of one thing that fixes it for sure. When I had TooBad Motorplex I originally used Trackmate as the lap counting system. Trackmate will work with Race Coordinator. When I switched to using Race Coordinator I still used Trackmate's interface board and never had the power shut off problem. When we switched Howie's 1/24 Rapid Raceway over to a new computer and installed Race Coordinator we experienced the same power problems Al is experiencing with Rippin' Ridin' Raceway. I installed the Trackmate interface board off of my routed HO track and that eliminated the problem completely.

Bob Nakamura's Scalextric Sport track also uses Race Coordinator through a Trackmate board and has had no issues.

I think that Dave (RC designer) developed RC using Trackmate as his defining interface, as that is what he had to begin with. So it might be that there's something in the software that is Trackmate-specific. I use RC with a DS-300 interface and have never had an issue either.