1 (edited by howie September 19, 2017 8:04 am)

Topic: Back to hard bodies for NASCAR!

At our get together last Sat. we voted to do away with the very unpopular Pattos NASCAR bodies. Instead we will be using the 1/24th. Revell snap kit or the glue kit. We have a choice to what we will run: either a Ford or a Chevy, they are the only two late model hard bodies available, Revell is trying to get the Toyota but so far no luck. I have ordered both Ford and Chevy snap kits. If anyone wants one let me know.

Re: Back to hard bodies for NASCAR!

Howie, why were the Pattos bodies "unpopular"?

"Big Smooth"

I'm sure there are several reasons, the ones I'm aware of were that they were very flimsy, you had to fill the front and back with tape or liquid rubber to survive any impact, and marshalling them was like trying to pick up a wet fish.

Main reason was the difficulty for corner marshals to grab the cars with ease. If they didn't crash, the bodies would have been okay. The new ones look nice.

There were several reasons: flimsy, hard for a corner marshal to pick up, water decals wouldn't stick, the finish looked like alligator skin. A lot of work went into trying to make them look nice but to no avail! They are basically junk! The only thing the Pattos bodies had going for them was that they had many choices of bodies for the latest NASCAR brands. I and others are looking forward to the Chevy VS. Ford hard body fight!