Re: BRM Tuning

wb0s wrote:

The trailer will be at the beach..............of course if'n I'm leavin' for slot car stuff, she might tell me to take it with me, or to put it somewhere.................!

I kinda meant after the deevorce, you might have 1/2 a trailer left, guess I wasn't clear enough.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Oh you were clear enough......I guess my thought was I'd probably never see it again!

Unless Al steps in here, I'd say this is a push until after Bill returns from his honeymoon.

On that note though, the 24th might work for me.  It's a Weds just before an Odd Thurs.  Anyone?

CK

I can do that one!!!

I could do 8/24

I'd be interested, but will have to check the date. I think the 24th is good for me, but won't know for a couple of days.

I'm a maybe on the 24th.  Can I send my cars if I can't make it? 

cool

"Big Smooth"

Even the crippled one might be able to make that date also. Should have my new brace on by then. Just have to see what my rehap dates are to be sure. And of course I have to get the wife to sign off on driving me over

The secondnidator

You can't just hitch a wagon to those li'l doggies?

"Big Smooth"

kidvolt wrote:

cool

Absolutely!  I'll be sure to use my best hammer when I tune them for you!

ckouba wrote:
kidvolt wrote:

cool

Absolutely!  I'll be sure to use my best hammer when I tune them for you!

These are my friends!

"Big Smooth"

They are not licensed for highway use

The secondnidator

So is Weds a go then?  If so, are we at Bill's or Al's?  What time?

CK

I put the axle I got from Rico (thanks again Rico) into mine, it seems smoother but my straightaway isn't really long enough to get it up to speed.

Is the BRM tuning session on for this Wednesday the 24th?

I'm good for the 24th either place any time whatever works

Bill said he'd host but hasn't committed to a time.  Bill???

CK

I'm good for anytime on Wednesday. Pick a time that works for you Chris.

I have a meeting at 3:30 which normally lasts til ~4:30 if it's not cancelled.  I can be there by 5:30 (6 if traffic is crappy) if that's cool with you?  I will bring my truer and whatever spares I can round up.

That's fine Chris. I'll open the doors at 5:00pm for anybody that is interested. I'll send out a notice today. I've got urethane tires for us to test also.

Uh, Ummm, I've been testing your tires for the last two races, but with the front end issues I still finished near the bottom. Last race in the first heat I got a little too wide on Al's bank and Monte broadsided me so hard my car broke. I borrowed one of Rico's cars and had my best finish ever in that class.

Damn.  Sorry.

"Big Smooth"

Sounds like some grudge racing coming up???!!!

Mine's fixed, had to find a new O ring at the local hardware store and put a new grommet on the wire. With Rico's new axle it appears to be ready to go.

Thanks to everyone that showed up for the test and tune session last night! We had a really good turn out. And thanks to Chris for organizing, sharing the tips, and helping everyone get their cars up to speed.